William Blair Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Bank Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at William Blair in January 2014.

Very welcoming group. They flew me out from Philadelphia all expenses paid. Met 8 people who all took time to talk with me while doing an seemingly informal interview. Everybody was nice and the work environment seemed very appealing. Some logic questions were thrown in as well as technical and fit. Overall great place and great people.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me the value of this telephone as if it was a company and explain your reasoning.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for William Blair

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at William Blair in February 2012.

Initial contact was made with on campus recruiting. They selected me for an on-campus interview. This initial interview consisted of equal parts fit and technical questions.

The next step was a Super Day at their office in Chicago. This consisted of 8 back to back interviews with bankers ranging from Analyst up to Directors. Some of these interviews were all technical, some were all fit, and some were mixed.

I found out I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • You have 100 balls (50 black balls and 50 white balls) and 2 buckets. How do you divide the balls into the two buckets so as to maximize the probability of selecting a black ball if 1 ball is chosen from 1 of the buckets at random?   View Answer

Worked for William Blair? Contribute to the Community!