William Grant & Sons Interview Questions

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at William Grant & Sons

FIN Ad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at William Grant & Sons (Maitland, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Performed one or more multiple financial activities within various finance job functions. Compiles and reviews budgets using actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports, and other data sources to control funds and provide for proper financial administration. Performs multiple financial cost analyses functions, including cost allocation, setting up cost control systems, collecting data, controlling costs and preparing reports that maintain the company's cost accounting system. Ensures that costs are allocated according to established procedures. Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income.

Graduate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at William Grant & Sons.

Interview

First a technical interview at the Girvan site which lasted about 30-45 mins. This is where they asked basic competency questions and technical questions on engineering aspects
    I was then invited for the 2nd round interviews which involved assessment centre. 12 candidates were interviewed over 2 days. 6 each day.
    A 2 day site visit for the final 12 candidates was organised to visit the Dufftown sites.
    The assessment centre involved a group task where each person represented a different government body with a specialised project in the future. A sum of money was to be granted to one of these projects and we had to discuss the projects and decided which one was best.
    A presentation and competency interview followed focusing on presentation skills and passion for the business by going through the presentation and CV.
    Finally a fact finding individual task which involves asking questions based on a very short brief on whether a key business decision should maintain a contract for a charity or not. It was quite difficult to get the whole picture by asking the right questions and whether or not to change your mind.

I was also told that feedback for the interviews would be provided whether successful or unsuccessful and I am still waiting. Also I had to get flights over to take part in the site visits and interviews. I was told that the expenses would have been covered. if they weren't i would not have made the site visit as they are not essential for the interview process. However I am also still waiting to get reimbursed for them after several phone calls and emails I have heard nothing. No answer by phone or email. And that is coming out of a students own pocket

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were a little odd and had to remember back to 2nd year about pressure head and refrigeration.
      They asked what is your passion for this industry.

Answer Question

Senior ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

I got the call from one of my reference, visiting the office was like it was newly setup, then the questions were like normal ones on basics, the person sitting in front was not like the more superior one.

Bus Dev Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at William Grant & Sons (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviews are stringently controlled by HR and take the form of a run through CV (as normal) with valid questions such as why you moved company etc. Then the difficult part is the competency based interview part which takes the form of 8 questions (4 competencies per role so 2 questions per competency). Practice these answers and know examples very well. There is lots of probing here. Interview finishes up with a couple of questions on values to ensure your values match the company's values.
    It was very difficult to establish a rapport/ relationship in such a regimented/ HR controlled interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you went the extra mile for your company in your role?   Answer Question