Williams International

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.4

Engineer Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Williams International.

Interviewed for the Engineering Rotation Program. The interview consisted of a one on one interview with each of the heads of the separate departments. Everyone was pleasant but you did have to get interviewed 6 or so separate times.

The last interview was with the VP of Engineering who didn't even bother to read my resume and asked about my favorite non-engineering course.

I walked away thinking I'd slam dunked the interview but didn't get an offer. When I inquired about feedback or reasoning in the decision I did not get any response. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no directly difficult questions, just typically asking to describe my previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Williams International in November 2014.

Had a phone interview with 2 people. One was the hiring person and the other one was the Software person working in their software department. The interview was 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me my experiences with Programming and some technical questions too. They asked me how switch statements works.   Answer Question
    They offer relocation assistance

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Williams International.

Talked to them at a university career fair and applied online through their website. I didn't here back for several months. I finally got a phone interview. Which they asked basic questions. A few weeks later I got a call with an offer.

Expansion Systems Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Williams International.

Talked to recruiters at a career fair
    Got a call a couple of months later to see if I could "answer a couple of questions"
    Interviewer asked questions about my experience right off my resume, no behavioral questions

No negotiation but didn't really try

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Williams International in April 2011.

I was looking for a summer internship with an aerospace company for the summer of 2011. I found out about Williams International through the National Society of Black Engineer (NSBE), on the classified section of their webiste. From the ad I found that I needed to go to the companies website to apply. So, i went to Williams website and fill out the application there, which was rather long. But you do have the option to save the application before submitting it, so I completed the application little by little in three days. About a week later after that, I got an email from an engineer from the company who told me to call him. I called him and he told me that he wanted to give me a phone interview. The interview consisted of him going over my resume with me and asking me some questions about the things that I had on it. He seemed to have just wanted to make sure that I wasn't lying. At the end he told me that I will be hearing from their HR department in a few days. After about a week, i got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear about the Williams International company?   View Answer
    • Tell me about this or that on your resume?   View Answer
    The company is in Michigan and I live in New York. So, I told the company about that, and they were willing to pay for an airplane ticket for me, and also rented a car for me for the entery period of my internship (which was about 10 weeks). For the interview process, the advice I would give applicants, is to know all the thing that you put on your resume thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walled Lake, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Williams International in March 2011.

Standard Behavioral Interview Process. Asked about my past experiences and why I was interested in Williams.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walled Lake, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Williams International in April 2010.

I applied to William International summer intern position several times during last semester and finally got phone interview request from WI on April. I was asked about my past experience on research and extracurricular activities on my resuem and I was able to answer questions confidently. Then 2 weeks later I got into their summer intern program.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the (actaully all questions) were asking my past experience on CFD research and extracurricular activities. No hardcore questions.   Answer Question