Williams International Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Williams International

Engineer Rotation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Williams International (Commerce Township, MI).

Interview

Interviewed for the Engineering Rotation Program. The interview consisted of a one on one interview with each of the heads of the separate departments. Everyone was pleasant but you did have to get interviewed 6 or so separate times. The last interview was with the VP of Engineering who didn't even bother to read my resume and asked about my favorite non-engineering course. I walked away thinking I'd slam dunked the interview but didn't get an offer. When I inquired about feedback or reasoning in the decision I did not get any response. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• There were no directly difficult questions, just typically asking to describe my previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Williams International in November 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with 2 people. One was the hiring person and the other one was the Software person working in their software department. The interview was 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my experiences with Programming and some technical questions too. They asked me how switch statements works.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer relocation assistance

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Williams International.

Interview

Talked to them at a university career fair and applied online through their website. I didn't here back for several months. I finally got a phone interview. Which they asked basic questions. A few weeks later I got a call with an offer.

Expansion Systems Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Williams International.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at a career fair Got a call a couple of months later to see if I could "answer a couple of questions" Interviewer asked questions about my experience right off my resume, no behavioral questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but didn't really try

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Williams International (Commerce Township, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

I was looking for a summer internship with an aerospace company for the summer of 2011. I found out about Williams International through the National Society of Black Engineer (NSBE), on the classified section of their webiste. From the ad I found that I needed to go to the companies website to apply. So, i went to Williams website and fill out the application there, which was rather long. But you do have the option to save the application before submitting it, so I completed the application little by little in three days. About a week later after that, I got an email from an engineer from the company who told me to call him. I called him and he told me that he wanted to give me a phone interview. The interview consisted of him going over my resume with me and asking me some questions about the things that I had on it. He seemed to have just wanted to make sure that I wasn't lying. At the end he told me that I will be hearing from their HR department in a few days. After about a week, i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the Williams International company?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about this or that on your resume?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company is in Michigan and I live in New York. So, I told the company about that, and they were willing to pay for an airplane ticket for me, and also rented a car for me for the entery period of my internship (which was about 10 weeks). For the interview process, the advice I would give applicants, is to know all the thing that you put on your resume thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walled Lake, MI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Williams International (Walled Lake, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Standard Behavioral Interview Process. Asked about my past experiences and why I was interested in Williams.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walled Lake, MI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Williams International (Walled Lake, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied to William International summer intern position several times during last semester and finally got phone interview request from WI on April. I was asked about my past experience on research and extracurricular activities on my resuem and I was able to answer questions confidently. Then 2 weeks later I got into their summer intern program.

Interview Questions

• Most of the (actaully all questions) were asking my past experience on CFD research and extracurricular activities. No hardcore questions.   Answer Question