Williams

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Williams

Interview Details – They went to my school and had interview sessions after the Career Fair. After meeting them at the career fair, they contact you via email stating that they want to interview you. Then that is when the interview occurs.

Interview Question – How would you solve (some pipeline problem)?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Call and In-Person Interview

This was for the Business Analyst (Professional Development) Program.

The Phone Interview was easy. They basically said you didn't need to know anything about the industry. They were looking for recent graduates who wanted to learn about the industry. A day later, I got a phone call for me to come to an in-person interview. I was out of state, so they did provide travel for me to interview. When I got there, it was like 5 hours of interviews. The interviews went great. Then at the end, you had to do a team presentation with the other candidates for the position. The presentation was on the Oil Industry. So there were 1 or 2 guys in the group that knew A LOT about the Oil Industry because they previously did internships with the company or had a lot of knowledge about the industry. At the end, they were the ones that job the job. Waste of time.

Also, Williams says you have opportunity to travel to other states like PA or TX if you get the job. You don't. Mainly all the Business-Related positions are at the Corporate Office in Tulsa. Expect to spend the rest of your life in Tulsa. Everyone there who I interviewed with had been working with Williams for 15-20+ years.

Interview Question – Team Presentation with other candidates for the job: Explain about the Oil Industry and why Natural Gas is better?   View Answer

Industrial Hygiene Intern Interview

Industrial Hygiene Intern
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Williams.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview a week later. Was given a conference call number and pin to call in for the interview. Phone interview was with two supervisors and was difficult to hear at times. It lasted about 45-50 minutes. There was supposed to be another round of phone interviews but I guess they liked me a lot because I received an offer within a few days.

Interview Question – Technical interview questions and questions about projects and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Very Difficult Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview At William's Tower Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview At William's Tower
Houston, MS

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was invited through an agent, got accepted phone interview, and got passed through to 2nd round of in person interview, there were 2 people interviewing at the same time, one suppose to be project manager, and the other is the department manager lady, she kept on asking project management/budgetary/scheduling related questions, which is a function of project engineer/manager or planner. Which is totally none related to the job description of the post on their website, totally waste of time and gas. Also she has mentioned they want to hire someone to mentor the newbies, basically baby sit their interns or entry-level designers. Which was not mentioned in AD. I have more than 4 years of field experience and 5 years of EPC experience and posses P.E. license, never heard engineers main responsibility is the schedule progress report, and risk analysis. I have seen their AD is up looking for someone since Oct. 2013, and re-posted Mar. 2013, I doubt they will find anybody anytime soon.

Interview Question – Their requirement is Have 5+ years of engineering experience in the oil and gas industry & Possess a PE license. Which I am over qualify for that.   View Answer

Engineer III Interview

Engineer III
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got phone interview that lasted for 20 minutes. It was just screening questions. Not technical questions at all, only HR questions.

I for on site interview. IT was very relaxing. The environment was peaceful. on site interview lasted more than hour. Most of the time they speaking about company and very little from my side. were open questions. which subject in school you like/ dislike? why? why you are in the specific major? series of questions from resume.

Interview Question – all the questions are expected no trick or triples at all.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Williams in October 2011.

Interview Details – 3 managers each asking different behavioral questions, but not to the point they were badgering you with questions. My interview was actually quite fun, comfortable, and laid back, which immediately gave me a good vibe about the company. They just want to see where your interests lie and if you're being yourself.

Interview Question – Honestly, I didn't feel like they asked me questions off of a paper. I felt as we were just having a friendly conversation and then it just ended.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave me an offer in writing, I took my time since I was considering other companies, but then accepted because the pay was fair

They gave me the offer in a couple days after the interview, they are very efficient

Manager Interview

Manager
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Williams in September 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty slow. They were not very communicative during the process. Once I had the office interview, it actually went quick after that

Interview Question – If you could make a few more $$ by doing things just a little over the line, would you?   View Answer

Scheduler/Planner I Interview

Scheduler/Planner I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Williams in June 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume for college internship through contact within the company. Was contacted within 1 month from hiring manager. Performed interview over the phone and accepted the internship. After the internship, was offered job within the company once finished with school. Reapplied once finished with college, where another phone interview was conducted (office is several states away from hometown). Job position was offered within 2 weeks, where job was then accepted within 1 week.

Interview Question – For an interview for an Engineer III position, technical question as asked about how to create a strapping column for a horizontal cylindrical tank.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was first job out of college. No negotiation was performed. A sign bonus was offered up front.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Williams.

Interview Details – Interviews focus on knowledge of methodologies and industry as well as lots of questions about conflict and issue management.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project where you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was presented by a recruiter so my rate had already been negotiated.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Williams.

Interview Details – I'm a student at the university of Oklahoma and they came to our engineering career fair. I talked to one of their representatives there and it went very well. I few days later I was accepted for an interview, which I had to sign up for online on OU's career services website. It was an on campus interview. I went in for my interview and talked to four greeters first, two engineers and two HR representatives. They were all extremely personable and extremely nice. When my interviewers were ready for me, one came and got me and we went back into a room. A man and a woman interviewed me. They asked me if I was a citizen and if I would at any time need sponsorship. After those questions, they asked me 4 or 5 behavioral questions. The interview, I though, went extremely well. They told me that they would get back to me between 2 weeks and a month. 5 days later, they called me and told me that I got the position.

Interview Question – Of the questions they asked me, I can currently only remember one. They asked me "If you had to tell someone something, would you email them, or go tell them in person?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me that they wanted to work for me, and told me where I would possibly be, and how much I'd get paid, then told me that I had around 2 weeks to decide whether or not I'd like to accept the position. I accepted the position about a week and a half later. There was no real "negotiation".

Worked for Williams? Contribute to the Community!