Williams Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview through a contract company to work for Williams.I was given about two weeks to prepare for the interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and an hour. The interview went well, I was asked about myself and what I was looking for in a career. Unfortunately it was explained to me that the position was even though it is a long term position, the position would not transition to a full time position with Williams.

Interview Questions

• What is one difficult incident you've had to deal with at a company?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The first screening was done online where questions were displayed on the screen and my responses were recorded. Finally all of my responses were sent to the respective manager for their review before they could ask me to go for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should I be considered for the position I applied for? How is my experience directly related to the position I had applied for?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a week I received and email asking to complete an online interview. I was directed to a third-party website that recorded my video responses to six questions. The questions were fair, however, I did not enjoy recording myself without talking to someone. The interview was convenient and I would like to hear back from them. Hopefully, they understand that I am more comfortable talking to people, rather than recording myself.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you failed and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams.

Interview

Interview process was drawn out. Took two months for an over the phone interview, then another week for a site interview. The site interview consisted of four employees, including site manager, site lead, and two peers. The questions were standard behavior based questions.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams in September 2014.

Interview

I got an interview the day after my school's career fair. It was the typical questions about working in teams and a time I had to overcome adversity. I got a second interview where I had to record answers to questions and submit them online. I wasn't a big fan of the online format but the questions were all fair.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

They went to my school and had interview sessions after the Career Fair. After meeting them at the career fair, they contact you via email stating that they want to interview you. Then that is when the interview occurs.

Industrial Hygiene Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview a week later. Was given a conference call number and pin to call in for the interview. Phone interview was with two supervisors and was difficult to hear at times. It lasted about 45-50 minutes. There was supposed to be another round of phone interviews but I guess they liked me a lot because I received an offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview questions and questions about projects and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

IT Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview was very detailed about the skills and past experience. First there is telephonic interview and then personal Interview. The recruiter will be in touch with you to get you through the process. interview is detailed

Interview Questions

• they discuss about you past experiences and skills and they get in deep to test your skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Williams is hard to negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Call and In-Person Interview This was for the Business Analyst (Professional Development) Program. The Phone Interview was easy. They basically said you didn't need to know anything about the industry. They were looking for recent graduates who wanted to learn about the industry. A day later, I got a phone call for me to come to an in-person interview. I was out of state, so they did provide travel for me to interview. When I got there, it was like 5 hours of interviews. The interviews went great. Then at the end, you had to do a team presentation with the other candidates for the position. The presentation was on the Oil Industry. So there were 1 or 2 guys in the group that knew A LOT about the Oil Industry because they previously did internships with the company or had a lot of knowledge about the industry. At the end, they were the ones that job the job. Waste of time. Also, Williams says you have opportunity to travel to other states like PA or TX if you get the job. You don't. Mainly all the Business-Related positions are at the Corporate Office in Tulsa. Expect to spend the rest of your life in Tulsa. Everyone there who I interviewed with had been working with Williams for 15-20+ years.

Interview Questions

• Team Presentation with other candidates for the job: Explain about the Oil Industry and why Natural Gas is better?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

I was invited through an agent, got accepted phone interview, and got passed through to 2nd round of in person interview, there were 2 people interviewing at the same time, one suppose to be project manager, and the other is the department manager lady, she kept on asking project management/budgetary/scheduling related questions, which is a function of project engineer/manager or planner. Which is totally none related to the job description of the post on their website, totally waste of time and gas. Also she has mentioned they want to hire someone to mentor the newbies, basically baby sit their interns or entry-level designers. Which was not mentioned in AD. I have more than 4 years of field experience and 5 years of EPC experience and posses P.E. license, never heard engineers main responsibility is the schedule progress report, and risk analysis. I have seen their AD is up looking for someone since Oct. 2013, and re-posted Mar. 2013, I doubt they will find anybody anytime soon.

Interview Questions

• Their requirement is Have 5+ years of engineering experience in the oil and gas industry & Possess a PE license. Which I am over qualify for that.   1 Answer