Williams Lea

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Williams Lea.

Interview Details – Interview process is very lengthy and involves far to many people to make a decision. The clients hiring manager is very much involved in the decision process and spends more time managing the AM then the company actually does. This was a very bad experience.

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Senior Account Operations Manager Interview

Senior Account Operations Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Williams Lea in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview opened up with a description of the position duties and where the specific location would be. The interviewer asked if there were any questions so far. As the interview proceeded, more details about the specific locations were revealed and more details about the reporting structure was laid out. The further along the process we got, it was becoming clear that the specific assignment was for an outsourcing engagement with a law firm. It was explained that there would be two or three more interviews with the client and was asked if I was still interested.

The next few interviews were set up and more discussions were held with WL and the job was secured.

Interview Question – Knowing that the specific position being offered was at a client site, the question was asked "where do I see myself in 5 or 10 years, and what was I going to do to get there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just a couple of bounce backs about the overall pay and the annual increase and the annual bonus.

Records Clerk Interview

Records Clerk
Weehawken, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Williams Lea in April 2013.

Interview Details – A long process of Background checks other than that pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – None all questions were pretty typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation available

Legal Document Specialist Interview

Legal Document Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Williams Lea in April 2013.

Interview Details – Found my resume on CareerBuilder. Interviewed and got the job.

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. Salary and terms were plainly spelled out and either I accepted them or not.

Office Service Associate Interview

Office Service Associate
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Williams Lea in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was called because they found my resume online and I was familiar with printing. The phone interview lasted quite awhile in order to qualify my experience level. The in-person interview was with several people, one after another. I had to have a background check and drug testing done. A few weeks later, I got a call saying I cleared and was offered the position.

Interview Question – They asked if I had a problem working with smart, strong-willed women on a daily basis. The company I would be working at had various high-stature employees and some of them may have "strong opinions" and egos.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations took place. They stated what the position paid and that there would be raises if performance was good.

Lead Document Processor Interview

Lead Document Processor
Wheeling, WV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Williams Lea.

Interview Details – I applied via the Williams Lea website. I was called by a recruiter 2-3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic. Why was I interested in the position, what was my availability etc. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to schedule an in-person interview and testing date. When I went in for my interview first I had to complete a test that consisted of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. There was also a proofreading section. The testing took approx. 3 hours to complete. Then I had a face-to-face interview with the account manager. A week later I received an email that I was going on to the next phase and asked to fill out a background check form. A couple days later I had to go for my drug test. The background check took the longest. It might be due to the fact that the company that does the background check is in India so when they call your references it is an international number and sometimes the connection isn't so great.

Interview Question – What are the three greatest strengths you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I emailed the recruiter a counter offer after my initial offer, but the company said there was no room for negotiation.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Strategic Sourcing Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Williams Lea in June 2013.

Interview Details – Internal Recruiter contacted me through a Monster position lead (It does work!).Set up preliminary phone interview, followed by brief 1 hour) face to face interview with a member of the hiring team. Gentleman was informative, personable and represented Williams-Lea in a very professional manner. Left the meeting with a positive feeling about the position and Williams-Lea. I must say that the job description for which I was applying was somewhat fluid and not particularly focused.

Followed up with the usual e-mails, indicating a desire to move my candidacy for the position forward. While there was no response either from the internal recruiter or the hiring team member to these communications, I received a call for a second interview three weeks later.

Setting up this interview was difficult as one of the hiring team, with whom I needed to speak with, seemed to have one of the most inaccessible schedules you could find. I think it would have been easier to set up an meeting with the CEO rather than this individual.

Interview day amid one of the hottest days in New York City. My initial hiring team contact meets me and quickly ushers me to my interview with a peer team member.

This individual greets me as if I was about to enter a termination meeting. Unsmiling and intent on proving that he/she was in control of the process, proceeded to sit me down in a vacant office, while she faced her laptop and conducted the interview. She quickly established that he/she was a Six Sigma, MBA professional and possessed "World-Class" Sourcing and Procurement experience. This was the first of many times that the term, "World-Class" came up during this interview.

With one eye on his/her laptop throughout our meeting, we went through the usual interview conversation, with my questions being answered in a vague way, almost as if they were of little consequence. My questions were usually answered with a "why are you asking me this or you don't know?" facial expression. The following answers were usually filled with "World-Class" descriptors, coupled with a condescending and dismissive attitude. My attempts to get some specificity around the job responsibilities and what resources would be available to me was met with more "World-Class" nonsense, as if my queries were inconsequential.

After an hour of this verbal sparring, the interview was concluded, with my first hiring team member coming and my interview leaving without the courtesy of a handshake. While I attempted at being positive, it was clear that my experience (20+ years) in strategic sourcing was not "World-class" enough for Williams-Lea. I am not sure that their entire model is sustainable, based on their past and present industry acceptance. It is not clear whether their model is functional or simply aspirational.

To bring this saga to a close, I sent out my usual "thank you" e-mails, asked for the formal job description, including a commodity and reporting tree and expressed a desire to continue the conversation with the VP in charge of the division.

The response was "World-Class"...

No response.

Interview Question – Mine - How do you capture the results of your RFP's? And do you maintain a database of results and Suppliers that can be accessed by the Sourcing team?

Williams-Lea - "I would have expected a more "World-Class" sourcing structure effort from your employer."
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Williams Lea in October 2009.

Interview Details – No interview questions at all. The job was sold to me and the interviewer was totally correct until the economy tanked and then it all changed. I imagine things are better now.

Interview Question – Do you mind delivering cupcakes to a potential client?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Client Services Supervisor Interview

Client Services Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Williams Lea in August 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was longer than it needed to be because of the poor communication between the manager and the recruiter. I had to follow up with the recruiter twice in order to move the process along. I had two in person interviews with the hiring manager and a phone interview with the client Account Director before an offer was made.

Interview Question – Describe a time you caught someone elses mistake and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Office Service Associate Interview

Office Service Associate
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Williams Lea in December 2012.

Interview Details – call
interview
hired

Interview Question – can you use a printer?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Williams Lea? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams Lea interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Williams Lea employees and interview candidates.