Williams Lea Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.6

Lead Legal Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Williams Lea in July 2014.

The interview went very well. I studied and prepared for the interview by reviewing and practicing basic interview questions and researching the company. I met all the qualifications the job entailed and am hopeful at being offered a position.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Williams Lea.

Interview process is very lengthy and involves far to many people to make a decision. The clients hiring manager is very much involved in the decision process and spends more time managing the AM then the company actually does. This was a very bad experience.

Very easy

Lead Document Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Williams Lea.

I applied via the Williams Lea website. I was called by a recruiter 2-3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic. Why was I interested in the position, what was my availability etc. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to schedule an in-person interview and testing date. When I went in for my interview first I had to complete a test that consisted of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. There was also a proofreading section. The testing took approx. 3 hours to complete. Then I had a face-to-face interview with the account manager. A week later I received an email that I was going on to the next phase and asked to fill out a background check form. A couple days later I had to go for my drug test. The background check took the longest. It might be due to the fact that the company that does the background check is in India so when they call your references it is an international number and sometimes the connection isn't so great.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three greatest strengths you bring to this position?   Answer Question
    I emailed the recruiter a counter offer after my initial offer, but the company said there was no room for negotiation.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Williams Lea in June 2013.

Internal Recruiter contacted me through a Monster position lead (It does work!).Set up preliminary phone interview, followed by brief 1 hour) face to face interview with a member of the hiring team. Gentleman was informative, personable and represented Williams-Lea in a very professional manner. Left the meeting with a positive feeling about the position and Williams-Lea. I must say that the job description for which I was applying was somewhat fluid and not particularly focused.

Followed up with the usual e-mails, indicating a desire to move my candidacy for the position forward. While there was no response either from the internal recruiter or the hiring team member to these communications, I received a call for a second interview three weeks later.

Setting up this interview was difficult as one of the hiring team, with whom I needed to speak with, seemed to have one of the most inaccessible schedules you could find. I think it would have been easier to set up an meeting with the CEO rather than this individual.

Interview day amid one of the hottest days in New York City. My initial hiring team contact meets me and quickly ushers me to my interview with a peer team member.

This individual greets me as if I was about to enter a termination meeting. Unsmiling and intent on proving that he/she was in control of the process, proceeded to sit me down in a vacant office, while she faced her laptop and conducted the interview. She quickly established that he/she was a Six Sigma, MBA professional and possessed "World-Class" Sourcing and Procurement experience. This was the first of many times that the term, "World-Class" came up during this interview.

With one eye on his/her laptop throughout our meeting, we went through the usual interview conversation, with my questions being answered in a vague way, almost as if they were of little consequence. My questions were usually answered with a "why are you asking me this or you don't know?" facial expression. The following answers were usually filled with "World-Class" descriptors, coupled with a condescending and dismissive attitude. My attempts to get some specificity around the job responsibilities and what resources would be available to me was met with more "World-Class" nonsense, as if my queries were inconsequential.

After an hour of this verbal sparring, the interview was concluded, with my first hiring team member coming and my interview leaving without the courtesy of a handshake. While I attempted at being positive, it was clear that my experience (20+ years) in strategic sourcing was not "World-class" enough for Williams-Lea. I am not sure that their entire model is sustainable, based on their past and present industry acceptance. It is not clear whether their model is functional or simply aspirational.

To bring this saga to a close, I sent out my usual "thank you" e-mails, asked for the formal job description, including a commodity and reporting tree and expressed a desire to continue the conversation with the VP in charge of the division.

The response was "World-Class"...

No response.

Interview Questions
    • Mine - How do you capture the results of your RFP's? And do you maintain a database of results and Suppliers that can be accessed by the Sourcing team?

Williams-Lea - "I would have expected a more "World-Class" sourcing structure effort from your employer."
        View Answer

Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Williams Lea in April 2013.

A long process of Background checks other than that pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation available

Legal Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Williams Lea in April 2013.

Found my resume on CareerBuilder. Interviewed and got the job.

Nothing to negotiate. Salary and terms were plainly spelled out and either I accepted them or not.

Hospitality Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Williams Lea in January 2013.

I had to attend two interviews in two different states from the one in which I lived. I was told it "was a go" if the client meet and greet went well. I was unaware that on this same day, two other people were actually "interviewing" for the same position. The interviewers were very nice to me on the first day. On the second interview day, they barely looked at me and rushed me from the office. I never received so much as a phone call from them to let me know one way or the other. Lucky for me, I knew someone in the office who told me the position had been filled by someone else. I found this extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Interestingly enough, they didn't even really ask me any questions about my qualifications. I must say it was the strangest interview I had ever attended.   Answer Question

Office Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Williams Lea in December 2012.

call
    interview
    hired

Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Williams Lea.

I received a call the day after I submitted my application. I had experience working with Power Point but still didn't get the position. I will give them credit for calling me back to acknowledge that they received the application. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the job after reading the reviews. Based on what I read, I'm better off staying where I'm at.

Client Services Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Williams Lea in August 2012.

The hiring and interview process was longer than it needed to be because of the poor communication between the manager and the recruiter. I had to follow up with the recruiter twice in order to move the process along. I had two in person interviews with the hiring manager and a phone interview with the client Account Director before an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you caught someone elses mistake and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question