Williams Lea Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams Lea.

Interview

One interview with the on site manager, various questions, some of which did not make sense to the job at all. Also, the manager was very vague about the job title and duties and left out a lot o what I would or would not be doing

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Williams Lea (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Straightforward, asked basic questions. Was a little too easy and was done extremely fast, there was no action or anything involved. That was basically it for the most part a decent experience, but I dont know if it's a scam or not. I'm waiting to a receive a check and a laptop from them.

Interview Questions

• What my strengths and weaknesses were, very simplistic questions none really related to skills.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams Lea (Wheeling, WV) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a brief telephone conversation with a recruiter and then was invited to their offices for assessment testing. I was advised of the four skills/areas to be assessed and was encouraged to prepare for those areas by any means available to me. I arrived at their offices and the recruiter explained assessment testing process. I was given 2.5 hours to complete the assessment testing and then met again briefly with the recruiter. The recruiter advised that they would be reviewing my test results and, if I passed three out of the four tests, they would contact me if any of their managers were in need of my skills. If I did not hear from then within six months and was still interested in pursuing a job with Williams Lea, then I could reactivate my application at that time.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to travel the distance from my home to their offices on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Expense Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea (Wheeling, WV) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was first rescheduled. But they were very understanding and sorry about it. The person that interviewed me explained the position and the shifts. Then she asked me questions about my current job, work experience, and schooling. I had to define a lot of words during the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams Lea (Wheeling, WV) in April 2015.

Interview

This was the most painful and frustrating experience of my life. After a telephone interview, 3 hour test, face to face interview, drug test and 4 week long background check (which I was told came back clear) 13 emails and 9 telephone calls later I was told the next step was to come in for a meet and great with the client. The recruiter said she would call me the following week. Then she just left me hanging, no call, no email, no response at all!! Then I received a call from another recruiter about another position. When I asked her about the one I was being considered for she said "oh, unfortunately they decided on another candidate." What happened to my meeting? After all of that they just blew it off like it was nothing. I don't believe there ever was a job in the first place!! This is the most unprofessional company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. This whole process took 2 months from my life that I will never get back. You can't even imagine my disappointment after all this time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with difficult personsonslities?   1 Answer

Videographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams Lea (Weehawken, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I had freelanced for Williams Lea through a job agency in the past. When a full-time position opened up, I applied and was called to interview with the hiring manager. I spoke briefly with him and with the person already employed in a similar role. The interview process was pleasant, and I enjoyed my discussions with both employees. The rest of the hiring process, however, was incredibly drawn out with countless background checks, drug tests and credit checks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a lighting setup you would use while filming a video in a specific location.   Answer Question

Lead Legal Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea (Wheeling, WV) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview went very well. I studied and prepared for the interview by reviewing and practicing basic interview questions and researching the company. I met all the qualifications the job entailed and am hopeful at being offered a position.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview process is very lengthy and involves far to many people to make a decision. The clients hiring manager is very much involved in the decision process and spends more time managing the AM then the company actually does. This was a very bad experience.

Negotiation

Very easy

Lead Document Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea (Wheeling, WV).

Interview

I applied via the Williams Lea website. I was called by a recruiter 2-3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic. Why was I interested in the position, what was my availability etc. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to schedule an in-person interview and testing date. When I went in for my interview first I had to complete a test that consisted of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. There was also a proofreading section. The testing took approx. 3 hours to complete. Then I had a face-to-face interview with the account manager. A week later I received an email that I was going on to the next phase and asked to fill out a background check form. A couple days later I had to go for my drug test. The background check took the longest. It might be due to the fact that the company that does the background check is in India so when they call your references it is an international number and sometimes the connection isn't so great.

Interview Questions

• What are the three greatest strengths you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I emailed the recruiter a counter offer after my initial offer, but the company said there was no room for negotiation.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Internal Recruiter contacted me through a Monster position lead (It does work!).Set up preliminary phone interview, followed by brief 1 hour) face to face interview with a member of the hiring team. Gentleman was informative, personable and represented Williams-Lea in a very professional manner. Left the meeting with a positive feeling about the position and Williams-Lea. I must say that the job description for which I was applying was somewhat fluid and not particularly focused. Followed up with the usual e-mails, indicating a desire to move my candidacy for the position forward. While there was no response either from the internal recruiter or the hiring team member to these communications, I received a call for a second interview three weeks later. Setting up this interview was difficult as one of the hiring team, with whom I needed to speak with, seemed to have one of the most inaccessible schedules you could find. I think it would have been easier to set up an meeting with the CEO rather than this individual. Interview day amid one of the hottest days in New York City. My initial hiring team contact meets me and quickly ushers me to my interview with a peer team member. This individual greets me as if I was about to enter a termination meeting. Unsmiling and intent on proving that he/she was in control of the process, proceeded to sit me down in a vacant office, while she faced her laptop and conducted the interview. She quickly established that he/she was a Six Sigma, MBA professional and possessed "World-Class" Sourcing and Procurement experience. This was the first of many times that the term, "World-Class" came up during this interview. With one eye on his/her laptop throughout our meeting, we went through the usual interview conversation, with my questions being answered in a vague way, almost as if they were of little consequence. My questions were usually answered with a "why are you asking me this or you don't know?" facial expression. The following answers were usually filled with "World-Class" descriptors, coupled with a condescending and dismissive attitude. My attempts to get some specificity around the job responsibilities and what resources would be available to me was met with more "World-Class" nonsense, as if my queries were inconsequential. After an hour of this verbal sparring, the interview was concluded, with my first hiring team member coming and my interview leaving without the courtesy of a handshake. While I attempted at being positive, it was clear that my experience (20+ years) in strategic sourcing was not "World-class" enough for Williams-Lea. I am not sure that their entire model is sustainable, based on their past and present industry acceptance. It is not clear whether their model is functional or simply aspirational. To bring this saga to a close, I sent out my usual "thank you" e-mails, asked for the formal job description, including a commodity and reporting tree and expressed a desire to continue the conversation with the VP in charge of the division. The response was "World-Class"... No response.

Interview Questions

• Mine - How do you capture the results of your RFP's? And do you maintain a database of results and Suppliers that can be accessed by the Sourcing team? Williams-Lea - "I would have expected a more "World-Class" sourcing structure effort from your employer."   1 Answer