Williams-Sonoma

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Contractor IT Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in January 2014.

had an interview setup by the recruiter. The funny part is we don't who the interviewer was. She said she had worked at the company for years yet she had no linkedin profile or evidence of her. She may have been a contractor interviewing another contractor

Interview Questions
  • iT was a phone call. She called with no formal introduction of herself. It sounded like a call from a restaurant that my order was ready. Seriously, that was the most unprofessional call in my career. She had 2 specific questions and I answered them and then she abruptly said "sure well have next steps ready", then the recruiter called to say she was not interested because I did not specific skillset of XYZ but the interviewer did not ask any questions about XYZ.

Basically, whoever she was, she was dismissing candidates and then just saying they don't have the experience. This was truly irresponsible!!!! IT just seemed like she was not the decision maker. She was taking notes for the decision maker. Amateur interviewer!!!

Whoever is interviewing they must have the patience to interview a candidate. She does not have the right to dismiss candidates from the applicant pool..Good candidates are being dismissed which could benefit the company.

View Answer