Williams-Sonoma

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Copy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

It was long, hard. There were writing tests and multiple interviews with multiple people. Process dragged out for months, not weeks. HR and others were variously assertive and then would disappear. Don't take this personally! Now that I've been here for some time, I understand that it's part of the company culture. It's the first place I've been where emails often go unanswered.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are standard, but expect to be asked about the brand itself and about your awareness of the competition. They may try to get at who you are as a person by asking about what brands YOU respond to - and why.   Answer Question
They would not budge on salary. I took a pay cut to work here. They were unapologetic and said those are the kinds of decisions one makes "for the privilege of working" for the brand.