Williams-Sonoma

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview Details – Interviewed by VP, and it was a very generic type of interview. I did get the feeling that the VP thought I was much too senior for the role and continued to challenge me on my willingness to get involved hands on in the role and whether I would be willing to work in an environment that could be unpredictable.

After this interview I was taken to a second interview with a person who would be a peer to this role. This person had not looked at my resume beforehand and we spent the first 5 minutes of the interview in silence whilst they read through my resume. As they had not prepared at all for the interview, it was all down hill from here as they had no idea what to questions to ask me and we stumbled through for 30 mins.

I left the premises thinking there is no way I'm getting this job, and guess what.

I was spot on.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Williams-Sonoma

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma Finance Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees and interview candidates.