Williams-Sonoma

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sea Girt, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a District Manager and a Store Manager for the first interview. The Store Manager asked me at my interview if I was just taking the job to pay for my wedding since I had an engagement ring on my hand. I was really humiliated and thought I wouldn't get the job. I needed a job to support myself and continue paying back all my college loans not a job just to pay for a wedding. After that interview I interviewed with another store manager within the company and then a phone interview with the regional manager. I got the job, but the interview process was negative due to innappropriate questions asked.

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by an external recruiter assisting Williams-Sonoma. I first had a telephone interview followed by some email questions. Then 2 spaced out interview with senior management. My interview process was very relaxed and open

Interview Question – There wasn't any, it was a very relaxed interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively simple, but through a 3rd party so slower than ideal

Interviewed at Williams-Sonoma

Interview Details – predictable

Reason for Declining – When I interviewed associates, they made it clear it was not a company that I wanted to work for because they do not value employees or their contributions.

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2008.

Interview Details – was referrred by someone. interviewed by dm then rvp. i think they decided quickly to hire me based upon who recommended me. be very prepared with how you drive the numbers, make the company money. was told that they liked that i had left retail for a little while to do other things. Rvp i interviewed with is no longer with the company (this is recent).

Interview Question – waht makes you my best candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, but now has hurt me because of cutbacks based on pay rates

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!