Williams-Sonoma General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via phone by the District Manager, and went in for an interview. I was asked to come back for a 2nd interview, which was with the same DM and the Regional VP. Both interviews went well, and felt more like a conversation than an interview. The reason I am giving a "thumbs-down" for the interview process is because I was told I would get a call within a few days after the 2nd interview, and never received one. I called to try to get an update about a week and a half after the interview, left a voicemail, and still didn't receive a call back. This is incredibly frustrating. I would much rather receive the call saying that they went with another candidate, than hear nothing and keep wondering.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for when you are recruiting and interviewing candidates for your current job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sea Girt, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Sea Girt, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a District Manager and a Store Manager for the first interview. The Store Manager asked me at my interview if I was just taking the job to pay for my wedding since I had an engagement ring on my hand. I was really humiliated and thought I wouldn't get the job. I needed a job to support myself and continue paying back all my college loans not a job just to pay for a wedding. After that interview I interviewed with another store manager within the company and then a phone interview with the regional manager. I got the job, but the interview process was negative due to innappropriate questions asked.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by an external recruiter assisting Williams-Sonoma. I first had a telephone interview followed by some email questions. Then 2 spaced out interview with senior management. My interview process was very relaxed and open

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relatively simple, but through a 3rd party so slower than ideal

General Manager Interview

Interview

predictable

When I interviewed associates, they made it clear it was not a company that I wanted to work for because they do not value employees or their contributions.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2008.

Interview

was referrred by someone. interviewed by dm then rvp. i think they decided quickly to hire me based upon who recommended me. be very prepared with how you drive the numbers, make the company money. was told that they liked that i had left retail for a little while to do other things. Rvp i interviewed with is no longer with the company (this is recent).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, but now has hurt me because of cutbacks based on pay rates