Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.3

Associate Store Manager Interview

My interview process was conducted very positively and professionally. I met with the DM two times and each time I came away with her integrity and passion for the business. A company I knew I wanted to work for. I felt at ease immeadiately and was inspired by the company's history. The hiring process overall took about six weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I felt that all of the questions were very straight forward and appropriate for the position. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Furniture Service Associate Interview

Asked what I know about the company, what I would be able to bring to the team, and other general questions. Met with a few of the supervisors in the furniture department, and since I was being hired from within the company, I had my most recent supervisor in the meeting as well.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time that was difficult in customer service, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    None

Marketing Manager Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to set up time to vet me as a candidate. The process went smoothly and the recruiter was on time for the call. The discussion was more extensive than a traditional first round interview, but not difficult. Many of the questions revolved around in-depth explanations of previous experience. The call ended with a question regarding salary requirements. I quoted slightly below market value for this role and was met with a few seconds of silence followed by prodding regarding my current/previous salary. There was no further discussion regarding the salary for this position, but I got the impression that what I quoted was far above what was assigned to this role. The interviewer abruptly ended the conversation with notes that they would reach out with next steps or to close the loop. I was never notified of any next steps, nor was the interview loop closed on behalf of the brand.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in September 2014.

Everything was able to be done same day. Application then came back for computer test then scheduled interview. At end of interview was immediately informed i would move forward and the whole process went smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficult customer where you had to get approval from a superior to assist customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

the interview process was not bad at all, they were friendly they had alot of interviews that day and alot of people taking skills test it was almost like a county building.

basic but the hours options was pretty much choose one of the three before the other 2 are gone

Sales Associate Interview

I do not remember the hiring process very well. It was originally for seasonal help, I believe they were basic questions about previous sales experience, knowledge of cooking and holiday availability.

SEM Analyst I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in July 2014.

It was a long process. I had my phone screen with the recruiter. 3 weeks later had my in person interview with 4 employees, 3 hours total. 1 week later I had another, final, interview with 4 executes, 3 hours total. 3 days later I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • unexpected: How would you describe, to an executive who is unfamiliar with SEM, why SEM is important?   Answer Question

Casual Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Very simple, fill out the form and then was interviewed by the general manager. Very personable and most of the questions were about my sales experience. I had to call and ask if there were positions available after I submitted my resume because I did not have a call back. It's important to always call back, especially during the holidays. Sometimes seasonal people don't work out and they need folks to fill in.
    I was hoping to be hired as a sales person, but it was too close to Christmas so they only had a position as a gift wrapper. Since I only expected to be there for the season and I was looking for extra money I took the job.
    They asked me to stay on after the holidays as a sales associate.

Interview Questions
    • Manager at the time asked what was my favorite item I'd bought at the store. I fumbled, but came up with an answer.   Answer Question
    My salary expectation was a little higher and she told me what was available for the job they were hiring me for--gift wrapper. There were no sales jobs left at that time.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

I was referred by an employee. Interviewed with hiring manager and 2 vice presidents

Interview Questions
    • they asked me details on my relationship with a specific vendor   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

I received a request from their internal recruiter requesting a 30-minute phone screen. The phone screen was rescheduled once, then took place. Later that day, I received an email from the recruiter saying they'd like to bring me in for an interview, and that a coordinator would contact me to set it up. I went in adn had 3 1-hour interviews. A week went by and I followed up and learned I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty typical, about my experience, leadership style, etc. I suppose the most difficult one was, "What else do you want me to know about you?" because it was so open-ended.   Answer Question