Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
  www.williams-sonomainc.com

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to set up time to vet me as a candidate. The process went smoothly and the recruiter was on time for the call. The discussion was more extensive than a traditional first round interview, but not difficult. Many of the questions revolved around in-depth explanations of previous experience. The call ended with a question regarding salary requirements. I quoted slightly below market value for this role and was met with a few seconds of silence followed by prodding regarding my current/previous salary. There was no further discussion regarding the salary for this position, but I got the impression that what I quoted was far above what was assigned to this role. The interviewer abruptly ended the conversation with notes that they would reach out with next steps or to close the loop. I was never notified of any next steps, nor was the interview loop closed on behalf of the brand.

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Marketing Manager Interview

I received a request from their internal recruiter requesting a 30-minute phone screen. The phone screen was rescheduled once, then took place. Later that day, I received an email from the recruiter saying they'd like to bring me in for an interview, and that a coordinator would contact me to set it up. I went in adn had 3 1-hour interviews. A week went by and I followed up and learned I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty typical, about my experience, leadership style, etc. I suppose the most difficult one was, "What else do you want me to know about you?" because it was so open-ended.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in August 2008.

Through a recruiter, I received an interview with the Director Marketing of West Elm. The interview went well, but I got the impression that the President of West Elm was very difficult to work for. A couple weeks later, I went in for a second interview with two of the VPs. I find out the person who I thought I was going to work for left the company.

They had the slightest clue what the position entailed and the VPs were kind of grabbing at strings to figure out how to fill the role. I got along nicely with the two VPs and thought the interview went well. With the Director gone, they weren't sure how West Elm was going to go about their e-commerce business and they would let me know.

A couple months went by and still no answer. I finally heard back from the recruiter saying that West Elm pulled the position because of the "rough economic times". This didn't make sense to me because they already had a bare bones system in place for online.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be able to give presentations once a month to the President of the company? He can be a bit forward and pushy.   Answer Question