Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 24, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Corte Madera, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very outgoing manager who interviewed me. Made it a very comfortable situation and not stressful at all. He hired me on the spot and got me in to start training the day after.

Senior SEM MAnager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I've been on many interviews and this marked as one of the worst interview process I've ever had in my life. They took me through 4 rounds of on-site interview that lasted 4 hours each. There were a lot of people that didn't need to be on the interviewing panel as they were themselves unsure of the type of questions to ask regarding relevant skill sets. Interviews shouldn't take 16 hours of work time along with the additional commute time and paying for travel/parking expenses.

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screen with a recruiter. A few days later she organized a skype interview with the Senior Planner. A few days later, they organized a skype interview with the Director. Then they presented the offer and went into negotiations.

Furniture Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Corte Madera, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was a pleasant one. The lady that interviewed me was extremely nice and professional. I passed to the 3rd interview but due to unforseen events, I was unable to start...I will be applying again at their open house in my area...hopefully I will get the position...

Interview Questions

I had another opportunity in a more interesting location.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

*Very* low-key, easy group interview. The manager leading it spent most of the time explaining the on-boarding process, listing the positions they were filling, and roughly describing what to expect as a seasonal employee.

The whole process was super fast and easy. I filled out an application on a Thursday, got a call the same day inviting me to the interview the next evening, got an offer on Sunday, and went to the (paid) on-boarding session on Wednesday.

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

emailed them, phone call interview, in person interviews. it was a real smooth experience, they were really on top of the timing and scheduling. everyone i met with was on time as well. it was a real smooth experience. i have to typ 50 words to make this go through. i just want to submit this already.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      why do you like williams-sonoma?
      have you applied to other companies in the area?

Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Thorough but slow interview process exists at Williams-Sonoma. It is not unusual for candidates to have multiple back to back interviews on interview appt. Once the interview process is complete and the fit seems perfect, it can take weeks or months to be placed.

Interview Questions

• What do you love about the brand?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I am applying from out of state, so I first had a phone interview which lasted roughly 45 minutes. After being asked to continue on in the interview process I had a two hour Skype interview. The HR lady I had spoken with was a recent college grad, just as myself which made it much more comfortable for myself, and allowed me to speak much more conversationally rather than nervously trying to impress. However, the nervousness was in full swing come the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe one of the largest hurtles I've encountered in the workplace and how I went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Mateo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I walked in at my local store and asked for an application. I filled one out, got called back a couple days later, and came back to sit down with the manager to chat. She told me the basic logistics of being a seasonal sales associate, and promptly answered all my questions. At the end of the interview, she let me know that I had an offer and that I had the next few days to decide to take it or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Emailed the contact for West Elm Stores in September 2013 when it was first posted on the windows before store opening. Received an email from Turi to email resume and schedule an interview with hiring manager. Following week received a phone call to come in for an interview at Pottery Barn in Corte Madera CA. Was interviewed along with 5 other people which turned into a group interview for the opening of the Mill Valley-West Elm location. Got a call from Assistant Manager asking to be a part of the team and I accepted. Week of October 22 was the initial hiring process, forms were filled out and binders were given, as well as 3 other morning meetings were met in 3 different locations. (Tiburon, Emeryville, Mill Valley).