Williams-Sonoma

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marietta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2013.

Interview Details – Go into the store you would like to work in and ask for an application. Complete and return to store manager. The manager will call if a position needs to be filled and an interview will be set up. As long as your willing to learn, on time for shifts and accept pay, you will be hired.

Interview Question – The pay is low, I was expecting a bit more for the position at this company, so when asked if the pay was acceptable I found the reality of it shocking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't a negotiation.

Durham, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2013.

Interview Details – Quick communication and response. Be upbeat and positive. Have resume and references available. Once offered paperwork was extensive. It helps to be a foodie and know how to cook. Be prepared that scheduling is all over the place so be specific about hours work.

Interview Question – Cannot recall, so it must not have been too unepected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2009.

Interview Details – Easy - back then they just needed help. No training though.

Interview Question – There really weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in November 2013.

Interview Details – Easy, fun group interview. Not stressful. Truly pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing to report   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was seasonal

Newark, NJ

I applied in-person and interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to come in for a 'group interview' after dropping off my resume to Manager's attention in-store. Only very few of us showed up for a group interview of what was to be eight other people. This should have been my first red flag of things to come. Interview lasted about 60 minutes, we were told that if we didn't hear back by 'x' date, good luck on your future endeavours.

Interview Question – Asked to go back into store and pull out our favorite WS product and give a 'Show & Tell' presentation about its features and benefits. Asked what other products we would sell along with this product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, was told what hourly rate was offered.

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2013.

Interview Details – Response to Craigslist. Open evening of interviews. Group interviews consisting of five people max. Interviewer looked at how we interacted with each other and were able to answer two very simple questions coherently and had good interpersonal skills. Standard paperwork. You get paid to complete paperwork once hired which was nice.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you felt you had gone beyond what was expected of you in the work place, or that you felt really proud of what you had accomplished.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview Details – I submitted my application in person and called back to follow up, had a group interview and I though it went really well, but I never heard back from them.

Interview Question – Favorite product   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2011.

Interview Details – Referral by a friend. Dropped off completed application and then got a call couple days later for a group interview. 8 people in group interview. Got a call couple days later with job offer.

Interview Question – Interview held in store stockroom. Asked to go pick an item for the stockroom and then sell it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiaton phase

Manhattan Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview Details – After turning in my application and resume, I was called to schedule and interview. It turned out to be a group interview (because they were hiring many people for the season) and asked typical customer service and retail questions. Also, a brief background on the duties a sales associates

Interview Question – Some of the questions were situational: How would you handle a difficult customer?...etc.

Others were: How do you define excellent customer service?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was good, but misleading. I was not told many things such as I would be required to work on call. Once hired, I and the other seasonal were given NO training. However we were constantly berated by one operations manager who although very nice should never have been put in that role. Too insecure.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!