Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2014.

I applied in-store in late October, which is when they hire a lot of temporary employees for the holiday rush. They had a stack of applications outside their door with a list of available positions (Stock, Giftwrap, Cashier, Sales, etc). When I handed my application to the shift manager she scheduled me for a group interview that took place a few days later. I didn't even submit a resume. Our interview group was about 6-7 people; we each took turns going around in a circle answering interview questions. The process took about an hour. At the end we each had to pick an item and try to sell it in a roleplaying type scenario. Try to come early so you can scope out an item in advance and a few matching accessories to sell with it. It was a fairly casual and laid-back interview, business casual dress code, not too strenuous, but not too competitive/lucrative, either---what you'd expect of a low-wage, seasonal gig that ends in January.

Interview Questions
  • What do you consider your biggest accomplishment in your current/past job?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer in the past.   Answer Question
  • Name a place you think has excellent customer service and why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in September 2014.

Everything was able to be done same day. Application then came back for computer test then scheduled interview. At end of interview was immediately informed i would move forward and the whole process went smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficult customer where you had to get approval from a superior to assist customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Received a phone call to come in for a 'group interview' after dropping off my resume to Manager's attention in-store. Only very few of us showed up for a group interview of what was to be eight other people. This should have been my first red flag of things to come. Interview lasted about 60 minutes, we were told that if we didn't hear back by 'x' date, good luck on your future endeavours.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to go back into store and pull out our favorite WS product and give a 'Show & Tell' presentation about its features and benefits. Asked what other products we would sell along with this product.   View Answer
    No negotiation, was told what hourly rate was offered.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in November 2013.

Easy, fun group interview. Not stressful. Truly pleasant.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as it was seasonal

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

I submitted my application in person and called back to follow up, had a group interview and I though it went really well, but I never heard back from them.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2013.

Response to Craigslist. Open evening of interviews. Group interviews consisting of five people max. Interviewer looked at how we interacted with each other and were able to answer two very simple questions coherently and had good interpersonal skills. Standard paperwork. You get paid to complete paperwork once hired which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you felt you had gone beyond what was expected of you in the work place, or that you felt really proud of what you had accomplished.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2013.

Quick communication and response. Be upbeat and positive. Have resume and references available. Once offered paperwork was extensive. It helps to be a foodie and know how to cook. Be prepared that scheduling is all over the place so be specific about hours work.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2013.

Go into the store you would like to work in and ask for an application. Complete and return to store manager. The manager will call if a position needs to be filled and an interview will be set up. As long as your willing to learn, on time for shifts and accept pay, you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • The pay is low, I was expecting a bit more for the position at this company, so when asked if the pay was acceptable I found the reality of it shocking.   Answer Question
    There isn't a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma in August 2013.

The hiring & interview process were interesting. I recommend you send a resume' in PDF format, with your application. When you are called, be on time. Dress nice, but not like you're going to a ball. Know how to type, and follow written instructions. Understand how to treat a customer. You'll be hired.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are scenarios, and asked by a computer, so there's nothing to be nervous about. Remember the customer is always considered right, unless he/she is simply misinformed. The answers to the questions are common sense.   View Answer
    It was wonderfully simple. I was taken into an office where a very nice lady told me the days/hours I'd be working and that I'd be getting a 40% discount on most products. (I was impressed until I saw how expensive everything was).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

After turning in my application and resume, I was called to schedule and interview. It turned out to be a group interview (because they were hiring many people for the season) and asked typical customer service and retail questions. Also, a brief background on the duties a sales associates

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were situational: How would you handle a difficult customer?...etc.

Others were: How do you define excellent customer service?
        Answer Question