Williams-Sonoma

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview Details – I applied in-person by walking in to the store. A very sweet and helpful sales associate talked with me and called a manager out, where I was handed an application. After filling it in, I dropped it off and left. I was called back a few days later to come in for an interview with the store manager. The interview was fairly basic. I was then called back a day later and offered the position.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a $1 per hour increase due to having a Bachelor's degree.

Very Easy Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is very lengthy. I had one phone interview, a group interview and another one-on-one interview. They asked basic questions about customer service, my expectations/hopes and relevant work history.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging situation you experienced with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Stock Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview Details – They hire everyone that applies for seasonal employment. The have a mass interview to eliminate the obvious, then hire all the rest.

Negotiation Details – none, take it or leave it.

Stock Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in September 2013.

Interview Details – worked for temp and was hired permaently.

Stock Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2009.

Interview Details – Filled out application. Reviewed resume. Talked about strenghts and weaknesses.

Interview Question – What do you feel is the most important aspect of retail sales.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Williams-Sonoma

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma Stock Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees and interview candidates.