Williams-Sonoma Treasury Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in November 2010.

I applied online for the Treasury Analyst position on the Williams-Sonoma website and then I received an email from the recruiter a few days later. She set up a phone screen and eventually contacted me a few days later to conduct the screen. The phone screen was easy and consisted of basic interview questions such as "walk me through your resume" and "why do you want this position?". The recruiter then informed me during the interview that she would pass my resume to the hiring manager.

A few days later, I received a response from the recruiter and was set up for another phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager lasted for 30 minutes and also consisted of rather basic fit questions such as "why do you want this position?" and "walk me through your resume". A few days later, I received an email from the recruiter telling me that they would not be moving forward.

I suspect that my previous salary played a strong role in my rejection as it was over 50% higher than the maximum salary Williams-Sonoma could offer for this role and as both the recruiter and hiring manager throughout the interview kept asking me whether I would work for that kind of pay. The sad thing about Williams-Sonoma's pay is that my previous employer was known for paying slightly below market in the Bay Area. Williams-Sonoma is notorious in the Bay Area for paying near the bottom of the pay scale (just read all the reviews in Glassdoor) and for having long hours so I was neither disappointed nor surprised by the rejection.

Interview Questions

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!