Williams

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Call and In-Person Interview

This was for the Business Analyst (Professional Development) Program.

The Phone Interview was easy. They basically said you didn't need to know anything about the industry. They were looking for recent graduates who wanted to learn about the industry. A day later, I got a phone call for me to come to an in-person interview. I was out of state, so they did provide travel for me to interview. When I got there, it was like 5 hours of interviews. The interviews went great. Then at the end, you had to do a team presentation with the other candidates for the position. The presentation was on the Oil Industry. So there were 1 or 2 guys in the group that knew A LOT about the Oil Industry because they previously did internships with the company or had a lot of knowledge about the industry. At the end, they were the ones that job the job. Waste of time.

Also, Williams says you have opportunity to travel to other states like PA or TX if you get the job. You don't. Mainly all the Business-Related positions are at the Corporate Office in Tulsa. Expect to spend the rest of your life in Tulsa. Everyone there who I interviewed with had been working with Williams for 15-20+ years.

Interview Question – Team Presentation with other candidates for the job: Explain about the Oil Industry and why Natural Gas is better?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Williams in September 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty slow. They were not very communicative during the process. Once I had the office interview, it actually went quick after that

Interview Question – If you could make a few more $$ by doing things just a little over the line, would you?   View Answer

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Human Resource Coordinator
Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Williams in February 2011.

Interview Details – The HR representative that I dealt with frustrated me a little with her poor communication skills and lack of timely follow through. People I interviewed with were very nice and not intimidating at all. I only received one interview.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you had to deal with a challenging situation on your job, how you dealt with it and how it was finally resolved in the end.   Answer Question

Professional Business Development Program Interview

Professional Business Development Program
Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Williams in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was offered an interview through the Oklahoma State University's Hire OSU Grads Website.

The minimum GPA allowed was a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale to be considered. They required a resume, cover letter, transcript, and a document for references.

I was offered an interview on the second week of February and interviewed with them on the 16th of February at OSU's Stillwater campus.

It was a great interview! Though I did not receive an offer, the interviewers were very nice and I felt like I could be myself.

I do warn anyone who interviews with them to be fully prepared about their understanding of Williams. They asked a lot of questions about if I knew Williams past company history and what they do today. So just be fully prepared for any and all questions. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Can you tell us about Williams and what we do as a company?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Tulsa, OK

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Williams in September 2009.

Interview Details – The decision was made from the 2 phone interviews I had. When I came in for a panel interview with cross functional teams, that is where there was a disconnect. They're questioning made no sense to the role I was interviewing for. Power play agendas were exposed.

Interview Question – It is hard to suggest one which won't suggest the role I interviewed for.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't want to work with the politics of the cross functional teams.

Worked for Williams? Contribute to the Community!