Willis Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

CSS Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Willis (Nashville, TN).

Interview

It was an overall bad and humiliating experience. It was so rushed that I felt like cattle being herded and shuffled through. I just felt like a number to them.

Interview Questions

• What was on bad experience you had and how were you able to turn it around.   Answer Question

Willis Response

Mar 3, 2015Recruitment Partner

From your post, we believe you were involved in a large scale hiring event recently. We are sorry that the experience felt rushed and was not all it could have been and have taken your feedback under ... More

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Willis.

Interview

Process is quite lengthy and positions will often be put on hold. Company is not diverse in any manner there are absolutely NO minorities in the Nashville HR function, which shows the organization is not progressing towards diversity. Interviewers are somewhat unprofessional in look and their body language shows especially if you are articulate and a minority. I can definitely understand why the HR function is not as effective as it possibly could be.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. This was a mediocre and average interview.   1 Answer

Willis Response

Mar 3, 2015Recruitment Partner

Thank you for your feedback. Willis is dedicated to hiring the best talent, regardless of age, race, gender, or any other factor. We take your comments regarding your interview very seriously and ... More

Service Delivery Technician - Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Willis (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy. I applied for this position in the beginning of December and finally got an interview near the end of January, but then pushed 1 week later due to inclement weather. Met with the Service Delivery National Manager and Office Manager. They asked many questions. They want to know if you looked into the background and culture of Willis. They also wanted to get a feel for your personality and technical skills. I actually enjoyed the interview process more than any other interview I have been to before. It was easier to engage with the gentlemen. Even when they asked tough questions I was comfortable to speak with them and respond to most of their questions. At the end of the hour long interview, I was invited to come back for a second interview. One of the gentlemen even showed me around the office and all the different conference rooms they had. The second one did feel more intense. The first two gentlemen were there as well as the Team Lead and a Project Manager. They asked random questions about technology and scenarios. Mainly they wanted to know if you were honest about your answers. Some scenarios or questions you were actually suppose to answer "I don't know" because they are common things that not every professional knows. At the end of that hour long interview, I was given more of a tour of the office and the Team Lead gave me excellent insight on what the company is all about and showed me the server room, the office and staff that works with him (and the candidate) and explained to me the operations of support from every office nationally and internationally. I must say it was definitely a process where I thought they would hire me but in the end it did not luck out for me. I was still pleased with the individuals and the interview. I was myself at all times and don't regret it. I hope whichever candidate that they chose is reliable, loyal and technical as I am.

Interview Questions

• The CEO is in a meeting and the AV equipment and conference phones and camera stopped working. The CEO is irrate. He needs to finish this meeting. What do you do?   Answer Question

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Willis.

Interview

Process took about 4 weeks. I applied online and the recruiter reached out to me. First interview was just a phone screening then I was asked to participate in a case study analyzing the risks of a client

Interview Questions

• Why insurance and case specific questions   1 Answer

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Willis (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Made 1st contact with Willis at my school's career fair. Was able to talk to an employee currently going through the RMA program. I then applied online, 3 weeks later (on a Friday), I received an email and a phone call that I had made it to the next round (that Tuesday). The turn around was a little quick, but manageable. The next round consisted of a business case presentation one day. I had 90 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to present. That night I got a call saying I was invited back for the final round. That consisted of 4 individual interviews with directors and hiring managers. These interviews were pretty casual, just asking about my experiences in the industry and within school.

Interview Questions

• Case Study analyzing risks of a company and if they would be a good client for the company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Keep lines of communication open with HR. They are flexible

Assistant Client Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Willis (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Client Service Specialist (Chicago) position online at willis.com. A Senior Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer from the Chicago office contacted me directly to schedule an in-person interview. I interviewed with three people (the Senior Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer who initially contacted me, a Chief Administrative Officer, and a Senior Vice President & Director of Operations - Risk Solutions & Risk Specialties). I was interviewed separately by each person. The interviews took a total of 1 1/2 hours. The questions were typical. The interviews were conversational and relaxed in tone. I was advised a decision would be made within a week. I followed up with a call at one week to the person who initially scheduled my interview. She sounded very stressed and indicated she would call me and let me know. I should note she had also sounded very stressed when she left an initial message for me regarding scheduling an interview. I get the impression she is overworked. I waited another two weeks after my follow-up call and since I had not heard back, I followed up with an email to all three interviewers. Four days after I sent my email, I received a call from Human Resources in Nashville, Tennessee, indicating I had not been selected for the position. I asked if there was any feedback he could provide, but he did not show anything in the system other than I had not been selected. He strongly encouraged me to continue checking their website and apply for any positions I am interested in that become available.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were standard interview questions. Many of the same basic questions were asked three different times in three slightly different ways by the three interviewers.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Willis.

Interview

Called me several times over the past few years. Love my resume...will call you set up a phone interview. Sometimes they did, sometimes not. Only once got a face to face interview and was told I am over qualified. What the heck does that mean?? Too old.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Willis (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I discovered the position on LinkedIn and applied via website. I was contacted via email by a recruiter about 2 days later. Completed initial phone interview with recruiter (about 25 minutes or so) and she advised me I'd hear back by end of the week. By the end of the week I was told I made it to a phone interview with the hiring manager. Very informal, conversational interview and lasted about 45 minutes. From there, the hiring manager invited me to dinner the following week to further our discussion about the position. After the dinner the hiring manager said I can expect to hear back by the end of the week. I thought I completed the interview process, but was thrown a curve ball because then the hiring managers boss emailed me to schedule a phone interview. This interview was more formal, structured, and lots of behavioral style interview questions were asked. Two days later I got a call saying they wanted to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was room for negotiation. I asked for more & two hours later got a call saying they accepted my proposed offer.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Willis.

Interview

Went on 4-6 interviews with 8-10 individuals for an entry level position and they dragged me allowed for a few months and never got back to me. They never officially called me to tell me that I did not get the position. All of the interviews were formal and we discussed the same topics over and over. I was at a point where they knew everything about me and still dragged me in for more interviews.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a situation where you disagreed with your orders. If so how did you react and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Willis in February 2014.

Interview

1 - HR, 2 - apti, 3 - Ops. in HR round HR has asked many genral interview questions abt the personal details, Current and previous work experience. Current job profile.

Interview Questions

• All genral questions asked.   1 Answer