Willis

Willis Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Willis in November 2012.

Had 4 interviews. One 1:1, 3 with pairs. Interviewers ranged from Analysts to Executive Vice Presidents. Pretty much all behavioral, some mildly technicals ones just to gauge my understanding of the industry.

Document Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Willis in July 2012.

I answered an ad on Craig's list for a Data Entry job and was told there was going to be a job fair at the work force center. I went and all that was there was one lady sitting in a chair telling people that walked up to sign in with a name and phone number and we would be called later. A month later I was called to come to the job site and was told to fill out paper work and what day I would start and ask what posision I wanted and what shift I wanted and she done the best she could to get us the shift and position we ask for. We started work within a couple of days after that.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any question's ask. It was not like a real job interview. Just if you wanted a job and when you could start.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I was told there are two pay rates to choose from depending on what job position you chose to do.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Willis in June 2012.

First I got a phone interview by the HR asking me to talk about myself and introducing me the company. Several days later I were informed to interview with the boss in the compnay.
    I came to the Willis tower and interviewed with my boss and then chatted with several officers, among them there is a COO. The boss introduced me the responsibilities of the job and I articulate how my background make me fit this position.
    Afterwards, we visited the top of the Willis tower and have a lunch in a restaurant at the top of Willis tower.

Interview Questions
    • Easy regular questions, talk about my background and why my experience fit this position.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Senior Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Willis in January 2012.

I was first contacted via email about setting up an interview for the position. The interview was set up for nearly 2 weeks out from the date of the original email (December 2011). When the time came for the actual interview, my original contact was out sick, so I was interviewed by someone else. The first interview was rather disorganized,as my interviewer confessed to not conducting these sorts of things often. I met two other employees during the course of this interview, and I was able to talk pretty freely with them. There were not many "real" interview questions; the approach was more anecdotal. When I asked about next steps, I was told that there were 2 openings: one for January and one for February and they would be in touch regarding the February position. I sent a thank-you email to my original contact, expressing my regrets that she couldn't be there and she confirmed that we should connect again after the first of the year (2 weeks or so).

After the first, I sent an email and we agreed on a time for me to come in - again, 2 weeks out. When I arrived (expecting another panel interview), I was met with the original contact. We talked for probably 10 minutes, and she basically told me that there was no position available at the company. The February-start position was no longer on the table, and while there *might* be one available in the future, it would be months out at best. She wanted to make sure that she could pass along my resume to other divisions, but she had no idea if they were hiring.

Insurance - Commercial Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Willis in October 2011.

Initial interview was with Executive V.P.; second interview was with a panel (producer, acct exec, service manager and exec VP). There was more bragging from Willis about the elite accounts/clients they handle and the fact they operate with 100% transparency than anything else. I was looking for details on duties, workflow, day-to-day operations and what was expected of the position. The Willis staff were busy doing a commercial for themselves to impress me!

Interview Questions
    • Could I make the transition from working for a "broker" like Willis when I had been employed by large agencies in the past?   View Answer

They were changing to a complete new Agency Management System as of 02/15/12 but had not started any training on it as yet. No one seemed to have a clear handle on exactly how the information from the old system would be migrated to the new system. It seemed like it would be chaos for quite a while, and the Applied "Epic" System they were going to is very new and untested.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Willis in September 2011.

2nd interviews were 1:1 interviews with three separate peers (one local, two via teleconference). Behavioral questions seemed fairly obscure (didn't really get to the core responsibilities or skills needed for the position). Teleconference interviewers were warm and cordial. On-site interviewer (who would have been a close-contact peer) was truly disturbing and totally unprofessional for an supposed HR professional. Interviewer clearly communicated that she had serious issues with the company and clearly seemed to be looking elsewhere. Attitude was extremely off-putting; stated that she doesn't look at resumes in senior interviews (really?). Seemed to keep reiterating how people never said good morning at the company. Very, very odd.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Willis in February 2011.

Got a call and went in for an interview the next day, did not know I was meeting with two, but it was ok, I thought it went ok. I waited for a feedback for two weeks, did not get one so I called twice and lest a VM and wrote twice and the third time I got a reply that they had not decided yet, and that was it , it has been two months and I still have not heard form them

Interview Questions
    • tell me about you last or current role   View Answer
    • how do you handle stress because it can get stressgul   View Answer

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Willis in July 2010.

1st day: case study and presentation
    2nd day: group discussion, and role play on a mini-case, followed by lunch with analyst and associates, and interview with 2 mid-managers
    3rd day: 2 1:1 interviews with C-level execs

Interview Questions
    • The role play case. They asked to read a mini-case and decide with the group who should go in a business trip   View Answer

Risk Management Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Willis in June 2010.

Applied on the website and was called few weeks later for a case study. The case was a 90 minute preparation followed by a presentation to 2 Willis employees. They called again 1 week later for a verbal/logic test followed by a role-play case, lunch with some analysts and associates, followed by an interview with 2 Willis members. Next I was called for another round of interviews (1:1) with 2 of the C-level directors.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you have made a decision with little to few information.   Answer Question
    • Describe your role as part of a group and how your strengths played in a specific situation   Answer Question

Sales and Use Tax Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Willis in March 2010.

I had to interview with one partner and it well. I had to submit an actual paper application in addition to my resume. After the first interview I received an e-mail for the personality and skills test. Once the company received my results I was called back for a second interview.