Willis Re

www.willisre.com

Willis Re Interview Questions

2.5

Reinsurance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Willis Re.

On campus interview with two broker followed by visit to Chicago office. Meet with two more groups of senior brokers followed by brief powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Open-ended questions that don't necessarily have a right answer.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Willis Re in March 2014.

Applied online through university website.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Willis Re.

phone interview first, then 7 people were brought to the office for interview from 9-1pm. very intense, interviews from vp, actuaries, and brokers. each round is at least two people. a lot of behavioral questions, all are different. so gotta prepared well in case of running out of stories.

Treaty Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Willis Re.

Very consistent email communication, friendly and helpful. Final round of interviews I had to prepare a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation, and meet with 5 different mini groups for 40 ish minutes. Each group focused on a different aspect. I really loved their small community work place and their team drive. Overall very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The hypothetical questions about analytical things. Be prepared to answer questions with no right answer.   Answer Question

Treaty Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Willis Re in April 2012.

Found through campus recruiting. After an informational session on campus, had a 1:1 interview with an SVP. Was asked back for a 2nd and 3rd round interviews in the New York office. The company paid for and made flight and transportation arrangements. The 2nd and 3rd rounds consisted of mostly fit and background questions with around 10 other analysts/VPs each time. Extremely long two days of interviews but mostly everyone was pleasant and helpful.

Actuarial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Willis Re in June 2011.

1 Interview over 1 hour. Half an hour with 2 junior analysts, half an hour with 1 senior.
    Questions included technical: application of Poission, why Mote Carlo, why simulation. Review of CV.

Interview Questions
    • Why do we use Monte Carlo in industry industry practice?   View Answer
    No negotiation possible.

Catastrophe Analyst Interview

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Willis Re in January 2011.

Interview experience was good and certain people sound good/right.
    Interview process and decision making was too long.

Interview Questions
    • why dont you want to join us? (after giving the offer)   Answer Question

Could not get a feeling that it is a right place for me to advance and grow in my profession.
    Certain things appear as false promises and unable trust would be manager.
    Head of the unit seems to have very little vision about the future of his team members and possible professional advancement for their analyst.
    I Know couple of their ex-employees and their feedback is inline with my observations.
    No 401k for last 3yrs. No salary increase in the last 3yrs.
    Cheap offer for the skillset.