Willis Re Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.4

Treaty Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Willis Re in February 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview that consisted mostly of behavioral/background questions in addition to why I wanted to work for Willis and why the position appealed to me. Relatively relaxed and comfortable interview. Was told I would hear back from the interviewer within the week as to whether I was selected for the next round, but was never contacted.

Reinsurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Willis Re.

Interview

On campus interview with two broker followed by visit to Chicago office. Meet with two more groups of senior brokers followed by brief powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• Open-ended questions that don't necessarily have a right answer.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Re in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online through university website.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Re.

Interview

phone interview first, then 7 people were brought to the office for interview from 9-1pm. very intense, interviews from vp, actuaries, and brokers. each round is at least two people. a lot of behavioral questions, all are different. so gotta prepared well in case of running out of stories.

Treaty Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Re.

Interview

Very consistent email communication, friendly and helpful. Final round of interviews I had to prepare a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation, and meet with 5 different mini groups for 40 ish minutes. Each group focused on a different aspect. I really loved their small community work place and their team drive. Overall very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• The hypothetical questions about analytical things. Be prepared to answer questions with no right answer.   Answer Question

Reinsurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Re (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a two part interview process. The first interview was on campus, and in front of two people. It was a standard "personal" (get to know you) type interview that was fairly straightforward. The second set of interviews were in their offices in Minneapolis, and consisted of eight 30 minute interviews with employees ranging from AVPs to their COO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Willis Re (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Found through campus recruiting. After an informational session on campus, had a 1:1 interview with an SVP. Was asked back for a 2nd and 3rd round interviews in the New York office. The company paid for and made flight and transportation arrangements. The 2nd and 3rd rounds consisted of mostly fit and background questions with around 10 other analysts/VPs each time. Extremely long two days of interviews but mostly everyone was pleasant and helpful.

Catestrophic Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Willis Re (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

they conduct 4 rounds hr,technical,iq test,managerial round in hr round they ask simple questions about yourself,about the company in technical round questions related to statistics were asked then they conduct iq test on computer, which is not difficult very simple questions to check ur maths skills and logical reasoning in managerial round the manager asks some general questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your self,some questions about company etc   Answer Question

Reinsurance Analyst - Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Re.

Interview

The process was standard. A cover letter and couple of tests, not too hard to pass. I was invided to the first interview round in December 2014. I was interviews by a manager that was really friendly. She asked me basic questions about myseld and why actuarial, my motivations and a couple of competency questions. Nothing exciting or different.

Interview Questions

• She also asked about actuarial and what I knew about the industry and the job in particular but never gave me a chance to say much about Reinsurance that I really studied since I thought would be a major point. She asked me what I knew about the news, but we ended up talked about the financial crisis in Cyprus that happened in March 2013. The kind of person thought that I think they were looking for is one that does not feel confident about themselves and is more prepare to fail rather than succeed. I am saying that because she asked me how long does it take to be qualified? And I gave the industry averages of 3-6 years. She said that she was qualified in 7 years and that it is more important to have the exposure to the clients rather than concentrate to the exams. Also, I had a confident attitide in terms of passing the actuarial exams and that I am not affraid of failing but I would rather not (btw she asked about a failure and how you dealt with it). I don't think that after all that she liked me, but I liked her and it was a very good experience for me.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Re (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

1 Interview over 1 hour. Half an hour with 2 junior analysts, half an hour with 1 senior. Questions included technical: application of Poission, why Mote Carlo, why simulation. Review of CV.

Interview Questions

• Why do we use Monte Carlo in industry industry practice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.