Wilmerhale

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

The interview process was rather a pleasant one. I was interviewed briefly by an associate in the firm. I was not questioned on legal knowledge but was rather given general questions related to my background and experiences. I did not find any question particularly difficult. People were also friendly over the phone interview.

Support Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wilmerhale.

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview within a week. Two weeks later came in for an interview with two individuals, one of which would be my supervisor. Came in two weeks after that to meet with another two individuals who were my immediate supervisor's supervisors. After that, I had a phone "interview" which was really just a formality of the head of the department welcoming me to the firm. Interview process was long and drawn out, but I appreciated that they wanted to ensure we were a fit.

Interview Questions
    • Normal situational and behavioral questions. I'm sure google will have them so I won't repeat. Most unexpected might be "how would those close to you describe you?"   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I knew what the market looked like and their offer was in line with my research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wilmerhale.

submitted application, received email to schedule phone screen the next day.
    simple phone screen to let you know more in detail the job description and to make sure youre interested in the position, literally.
    in person interview in an open conference room. walk through resume, study abroad experiences, why us
    very pleasant manager of paralegal services. shes not uptight but can tell shes very experienced and charismatic.
    do smile in the interview and send followup email/mail.
    i ask questions about the job posting and less about nature of the job
    a week later got call to initiate background check
    3 days later verbal offer
    received a week to consider
    i feel the less diverse experiences you have the harder the questions will be
    the more diverse experiences the more easier/simpler the questions will be
    i think i made my resume very detailed so she didn't have to ask me too much about what i did during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. Maybe how you organize yourself and accomplishment/challenge   Answer Question
    I spent a few days to consider offer. Was able to get a little more than the average as posted on glassdoor, but still less than the average of other very top international firms. satisfied. benefits also good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wilmerhale.

They look for candidates with attention to detail skills, and willingness to work overtime the majority of the time. It was a pleasant interview and I was surprised at how quickly they responded to my application. They take about 2-3 weeks to get back to you about an offer or rejection.

Interview Questions
    • In what ways have you demonstrated attention to detail.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Wasn't too bad. 2 months from applying

Discovery Attorney Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wilmerhale.

Round robin interview style with at least three members of the senior staff.

Paralegal Intern - Summer Interview

Contacted by paralegal hiring manager for an interview. Had to fill in paperwork at the front office/receptionist. Interview was one-on-one with the hiring manager who would be your summer supervisor. Interview had some behavioral questions regarding past experiences or just about yourself. Interviewer expects you to have questions prepared to ask regarding the position. Definitely research the firm.

Paralegal Internship Program Interview

The interview was pretty much them talking about the program and its expectations and goals. The woman with whom I interviewed asked a few questions about my resume, and a few about college experiences that were influential or meaningful. The rest were any questions that I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wilmerhale.

Initial Communication: I emailed the hiring manager about the position.
    Response: email for in person interview much later on
    Acceptance: out of the blue phone call saying I got the job months later (I completely forgot about the firm). It took a very long time before they got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • I think they needed someone immediately so it was just a quick chat -- probably to make sure I wasn't socially inept. The most difficult question may have been 'why the employment if you are so sure about law school?'   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I met with two women, someone in HR and someone who is in charge of the project assistants. The first woman was nice and we casually talked about my resume and what I liked to do outside the office. The second was a little more serious. Instead of asking questions, she only asked if I had any.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you why Wilmerhale and expect you to be able to distinguish their firm from other similar ones.   Answer Question