Wilmington Trust

Updated Aug 2, 2014

2.5

Trust Accounts Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wilmington Trust in July 2014.

I was initially contacted by the HR representative in the Buffalo head office of their recent merging partner M&T Bank. I was then set up for a phone interview with an HR rep in Wilmington. The interview was pretty surface level and quick and she passed along my information for a potential 2nd phone interview with my would-be supervisor in Minneapolis. The second round phone interview was much more in-depth. I was asked two questions in a row about the importance of being detail oriented and why paying attention to the details is important. I answered the first one well but when immediately asked an almost identical questioned I struggled to come up with another example or elaborate on a different point. At the end of the interview she explained how she couldn't stress enough the importance of details. She told me that the next round would be in-person interviews when she flew into the Wilmington office but I was never contacted.

Interview Questions
    • Having to come up with multiple examples of being detail oriented.   Answer Question

Conversion Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wilmington Trust.

The process was frustrating. The recruiter scheduled me and then told the interviewer the wrong day. When I showed up, the interviewer was upset (even after seeing my confirmation email) and unprepared. After finishing the interview process, I was asked to re apply for a different position and had to interview again. Then I waited for over a month.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were off a print out off the Internet. The interviewer didn't write down my responses. They just picked questions and asked.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wilmington Trust in October 2011.

Applied online, contacted by recruiter for initial screening, and scheduled for an in-person interview. Questions were mostly basic and straight-forward -- why do you want to work here, why this position, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer knew I was applying for this position while still employed --he asked if my boss knew I was here, and if I used a vacation day for the interview. I thought this question was inappropriate and crossed a line.   Answer Question

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wilmington Trust in May 2010.

My process was atypical. I found this job through networking and don't believe there was ever a posting. I interviewed with 2 or 3 people and ended up getting hired on a part-time basis (hired full-time after 6 months).
    The typical process is 3 to 4 interviews. To be honest, my particular office is starving for decent people, so if you have half a brain and can articulate, you'll probably get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most wealth managers will ask you a question about the markets, where they will expect you to articulate your view, as well as how you would invest.   View Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Wilmington Trust in March 2009.

I met with the leadership of our organization for dinner. They pursued me opposed to me seeking employment at Wilmington Trust.

I was able to negotiate an additional 2 weeks of vacation.

Client Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wilmington Trust in May 2008.

Received call about an interview and told it would be with three managers. Was asked what I knew about the products offered. Received job offer within a week.

nothing

Financial Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wilmington Trust in May 2008.

Interned with the company for an extended period of time. Applied for the job by sending my resume to HR. got a call and went in for an interview with the head of the office I was interviewing for. Serious interview which lasted about 30-45 minutes. Several tough questions, some basic interview questions as well. Asked about multitasking skills, familiarity with microsoft office, exceptional accounting skills, financial skills are a plus, communication skills are a must, taking the initiative and being professional with setting up appointments with other employees cannot be a challenging task. If you can prove to them you are capable of those things you will more than likely be able to get a job at the center building (corporate headquarter) or the building up the street from the center (the plaza). Internships are competitive due to the fact that the company has only 3,000 total employees worldwide.

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation where you had to take charge of task or event and lead a group to the final product or   Answer Question
    good pay. had a great office leader and manager. they were flexible with my schedule but i did put a lot of hours in as well.

Financial Control Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Wilmington Trust in December 2008.

One on one interviews with 3 levels of mamagement

Interview Questions
    • describe a challenging situation you faced and the outcome   Answer Question

Worked for Wilmington Trust? Contribute to the Community!