Wilson Sonsini

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

Paralegal Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wilson Sonsini.

Three phone screenings, and 4-6 hour interview where I met with HR, Sr Associate and two partners, one at a time. Everyone was very pleasant. Business casual. If you know the position's requirements and the work, there is no challenge. HR Director did throw in scenario questions to determine multi-tasking, how you could mesh with culture or conflict.

Interview Questions
    • I had more dialogue during the interview process with everyone than I did on 1+ year of the actual job   View Answer
    Standard negotiation. They made offer and I countered. We negotiated in the middle. Vacation time is poor so negotiate additional vacation.

IP Litigation Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wilson Sonsini.

The whole interview process is about 3 hours. You get to interview with 5 attorneys (30 minutes each), two of which are partners and others are junior and senior associates. Once you finished the interview, they gave you the result in about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are straight forward (e.g. questions about your experience). Nothing difficult or unexpected. Be sure to focus on how much you love litigation and trial though.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wilson Sonsini in August 2014.

Standard 20 minute screener interview through my school's OCI program. The interviewer seemed very stiff/unengaged and ended 7 minutes early. Other students reported the same experience, with no interview lasting close to the full 20 minutes.

The interviewer was a graduate of my school from 11 years ago, and a partner in the firm's antitrust practice. His answers to my questions were relatively detailed, if not particularly original, but without warning he transitioned from answering my last question to telling me that callbacks would go out within 2 weeks and thanking me for coming in. I knew it seemed early, but didn't realize it was SO early until I walked out the door and checked my phone.

Interview Questions
    • Just the usual - why CA, why Wilson, and then he asked me for questions   Answer Question

Employee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wilson Sonsini in April 2012.

Phone interview; twice onsite interview - one with HR and one with the department group. Total two and half hours. Each person about 30mins. Key interviewer takes about 1hr. Questions are not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • regular interviewing questions plus technical/skill questions; personality tests   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wilson Sonsini in January 2010.

Initial phone interview followed by in person interview where 3 groups of 2 attorneys asked questions, lasting about 1-1.5 hours

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wilson Sonsini in September 2009.

I met with 5 attorneys over the course of the afternoon. The interviews were very casual; they barely looked at my resume and instead were just testing whether I could hold a good conversation for an extended period of time.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wilson Sonsini in December 2008.

Interview was a one-day process with two Partners and several Associates. Few tough questions. All were friendly.Associates were hired to work in one or two groups only. It was not possible to rotate through the firm to find what area of the law you preferred --- it was expected that you had made that choice at the time of interviewing. One downside I saw during the interview was that I would be compelled to share an office, which for me, I knew would be difficult to work through the distractions and intrusions. I had sent my CV to recruiter, and shortly thereafter was contacted for an interview and hired quickly. Firm's routine was to put out of town interviewees at local hotel, which was pleasant. Of course, all expenses paid for airfare, hotel, and cost of moving (which for me was approximately 3000 miles). Benefits package was generous.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall. The firm was shorthanded and eager to hire Associates.   Answer Question
    Easy. I had an intuition that I would be offered a job at that firm, and that I would accept, even before I visited. If not for the distressing things that occurred with the sexual harasser, I fantasize about working there today. Firm gets quality work, and there are smart people to work with, which I very much appreciated. (By the way, I worked there from 2000-2001, but the dates on the drop down calendar here only go down to 2008.)