Wilson Sonsini Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wilson Sonsini in January 2010.

Initial phone interview followed by in person interview where 3 groups of 2 attorneys asked questions, lasting about 1-1.5 hours

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wilson Sonsini in December 2008.

Interview was a one-day process with two Partners and several Associates. Few tough questions. All were friendly.Associates were hired to work in one or two groups only. It was not possible to rotate through the firm to find what area of the law you preferred --- it was expected that you had made that choice at the time of interviewing. One downside I saw during the interview was that I would be compelled to share an office, which for me, I knew would be difficult to work through the distractions and intrusions. I had sent my CV to recruiter, and shortly thereafter was contacted for an interview and hired quickly. Firm's routine was to put out of town interviewees at local hotel, which was pleasant. Of course, all expenses paid for airfare, hotel, and cost of moving (which for me was approximately 3000 miles). Benefits package was generous.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall. The firm was shorthanded and eager to hire Associates.   Answer Question
    Easy. I had an intuition that I would be offered a job at that firm, and that I would accept, even before I visited. If not for the distressing things that occurred with the sexual harasser, I fantasize about working there today. Firm gets quality work, and there are smart people to work with, which I very much appreciated. (By the way, I worked there from 2000-2001, but the dates on the drop down calendar here only go down to 2008.)

Worked for Wilson Sonsini? Contribute to the Community!