Wilsons The Leather Experts Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts in August 2012.

General questions what I know how to do and what I don't, training on the job and working with managers to get the job done right the first time. Manager was really casual and easy going so that helped alot.

Take the highest pay you can get, do not settle for less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts in April 2013.

I was interviewed and hired on the spot

ask for more moeny

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts.

I was searched out for this position. Word of mouth had put me in the running for an interview. I had a phone interview followed by a meet and greet with DM a week later. Interview was very casual, i actually filled out my application during my interview. I wasnt bombarded with the standard "what if and how would you" questions. I was given a lot of background info on companyand the changes they were making. I was given a brief overview of job description, benefits, vacation time. I feel the interview was looking just to see my personality and how I would fit in this company as opposed to looking at numbers. Very comfortable and left with a positive feeling that it had gone well.

I got a call with an offer,I countered with a higher salary request as I had been in retail for 16 years and knew what I was worth. Was told that was much higher start pay for my store volume but they would get back to me. later that afternoon they came back to me with offer with what i was requesting for pay. I took the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts.

Got called the day before the interview. Was only hired based on looks. Got bumped up to MT my first day. The other MT is very rude though. Wasn't asked any questions about work. They were willing to give me the same pay as my last employer though, which was $0.65 higher than everyone else there.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts in October 2012.

Applied online and contacted about three weeks later by the Store Manager for a face to face interview. The interview was very comfortable and engaging. Contacted by the DM for a second interview. Offered job, accepted offer and started training.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions nothing complicated if you are already from a retail background.   Answer Question
    Offered a pay rate and felt like it was what I deserved, based on experience. No negotiation needed.

Sales Associate Interview

The application was fairly typical of a retail job and the interview was the same. I think the face to face meeting was to make sure I was social more than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give a quick sales pitch on leather care.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts in February 2013.

I just apply online and got a call few weeks later. Met with District Sales Manager at the location in need of store manager. The interview process was fairly easy asked simple questions about myself. Then she ranted and raved about how this store manager was poor performing and others in her district weren't doing well. I felt like I would be walking on eggshells if I would be working for her very unprofessional. I felt like over all interview went good as I have the experience and leadership to run the business. I had a phone interview with Corporate HR few days after really went well as she admired my experience. I emailed the District Manager her a thank you letter next day. Took over 2 weeks to hear back she reply to my email and said thanks but I will keep you in mind for the future. That's a kick to the heart I mean for one they couldn't pay me what I'm worth and 2nd they are looking for people they can micromanage I don't play that game. I have a lot to offer and great skills but I will keep looking. This company went threw bankruptcy and closed like 60% of it's stores not long ago and they aren't looking that good I heard more stores will close. Sales are down in the MidWest District so they will start closing them here if anything.

Interview Questions
    • If your a Retail Manager you must know about KPI's your Category Department Sales like the back of your hand they want you to be a pro at this before hand which I was.. So just an insight what you will be asked for sure. Oh at the end of the interview they will make you try on coats like a little kid It was a waste of time I just wanted to get out of there. My whole visit I didn't see one customer walk in the store It was pretty dead.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

quick and easy, hired me on the spot

Interview Questions
    • if i am good at sales (it is my first job) and I am good   Answer Question
    easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntley, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntley, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts in January 2010.

Very long process with lack of communication. Consisted of several phone interviews and finally a face to face interview. Left unsure of where you stand. DSM unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts in August 2010.

No specific questions, just talking.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wilsons The Leather Experts

Worked for Wilsons The Leather Experts? Contribute to the Community!