Wilton Brands

Wilton Brands Interview Questions

2.7

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Wilton Brands in February 2014.

I applied online in December. Heard from a company recruiter in January. Had an in-person interview in February.

The most frustrating part of interviewing with Wilton was the incredibly poor communication. It's normal to not hear back for weeks after applying for a job - but when I did hear back from one of their recruiters, the trouble began. The recruiter was impossible to get ahold of, often didn't reply to my emails, and completely blew off several of our scheduled phone calls.

I figured the communication breakdown was probably just with this individual. I was invited to an in-person interview, which was about 4 hours long, where I met with 4 people. The interview was relatively easy, with no hard-hitting questions. Everyone was very nice, and I thought it went well.

I sent my post-interview thank you emails, in which I did not get a response from the hiring manager, but I did from the recruiting manager. She told me they thought the interview went well and that I could hear back from them as early as the following week.

At the end of the following week I reached out again. The recruiting manager informed me that the hiring manager was out of town for a week, but they would be ready with next steps once he returned.

Two more weeks went by without hearing anything, so I reached out again. I asked the recruiting manager if she she had any updates. She replied simply saying no, no updates yet, but that she hoped to be in touch very soon.

Two more weeks went by, still nothing, so I called the recruiting manager and left her a voicemail. She never returned my call. I also emailed the hiring manager again, who again did not respond at all.

At the end of the next week I sent what I figured to be one last email to the recruiting manager, asking if I was still being considered for one of the eCommerce positions - if so when I should expect to hear back, and if not asking for feedback on what led to their decision. To my surprise she responded the next day and said that yes, I was in fact still being considered, and that the team would be reaching out the next week with next steps.

It just so happens that the following week I got a job offer from another company. Before accepting, I sent the recruiting manager and hiring manager emails informing them of my offer and indicating that if they were still interested in my candidacy, to please reach out to me. Shockingly I heard back from both of them within 24 hours, but their responses didn't match up! The recruiting manager told me that the group wasn't close to making a decision with the eCommerce positions yet (obviously different from what she said the week prior). The hiring manager said they had already filled all the positions.

The poor communication and lack of professionalism did make me worry about how the place is run and managed. Ultimately, I think I dodged a bullet by not getting employed there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult about the interview except for how long it was.   Answer Question

Manager, Training & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wilton Brands in January 2014.

2 phone screens with a recruiter after she reached out to me via LinkedIn; one was just to give a brief overview and to manage salary expectations, the other was to review my background and qualifications of my resume. After that, there were on-site interviews with 3 different Wilton leaders. Most interviews were just reviewing my resume and having an informal discussion with them; little to no behavioral-based questions were used.

Interview Questions
    • None were very difficult, I think they were just evaluating fit with the team and the organization more than anything.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Asked what was your biggest business failure and what did you learn from it?

Interview Questions
    • Last book you read about business and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    Offer was fair.

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wilton Brands in September 2013.

I was emailed, several weeks after applying, asking for a time to do a phone screening. Afterwards, I was contacted another week later for an in person interview. I interviewed with 5 different people, one of whom is the manager I would report to. I thought the interview went great anf had most of the interviewers laughing and the conversation seemed to flow. At the end of the process I was told they would follow up with "the next steps"...leading me to believe I was in the running or in the lead.

I was also told that they would have a final decision by the 16th of September but that day came and went without a decision. I didn't hear anything back for almost a month and then was told my qualifications didn't "align". Then why was I brought in in the fist place? The HR person I did work through was slow to respond to emails but that seems to be the norm for most large companies.

Interview Questions
    • None. Most of the questions were pretty cut and dry. Same questions you'd get in any other interview.   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wilton Brands.

Met with several managers and HR. Reviewed resume and asked questions about history, tasks, communication, relationship skills, communication, system skills. Several buildings, so had to wait a little bit between interviews. Interviewers were nice. Gave me the opportunity to ask questions, answered them pretty thoroughly. Started process with phone screening interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about working with different personality types, how I got along with others, resolved conflict.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wilton Brands in August 2012.

About a month after I submit my resume, I received a call from the HR on a Tuesday. Had a phone interview on Wednesday around noon. Interview went well and casual. The lady who interviewed me was very nice. I told them that I'd like to know if they're still interested ASAP since there's another comapny waiting for my answer. They called again Wednesday afternoon to say they'd like to meet me in person on Thursday which I was really suprised.

Thursday morning I interviewed two person. One is my future boss, another one is a senior sales. Questions was very general, asked about my experience, why am I looking for a new job, why this company...etc. After the interview, the HR manager said they'll contact me soon once they made the decision. And suprisingly, I got a call Friday afternoon to confirm that I'm hired. Monday morning they send me some documents with benifits to sign. A week later I received a "Welcome Package" from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Both interviewers are very nice. It's more like a chat disregard how nervous I was.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wilton Brands in June 2012.

Submitted the online application and received an email requesting a phone interview within 2 weeks from the recruiter.
    Phone interview with the recruiter. Asked typical questions and walked them through the resume. Asked about current compensation and why I wanted to leave my current position. An in person interview schedule at conclusion of phone interview.
    In person interviewed with manger of the department. He went over my current position and how it related to their position. Very laid back, they went over how the department operates, what the position entails, etc. I was then passed along to the director of the department who asked more behavioral type questions.
    At the conclusion the recruiter came back in and told me I would be hearing something by the end of the following week and then walked me out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made the wrong decision about something.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wilton Brands in August 2009.

Interview went great, lasted a couple hours. Answered all my questions and took their time explaining everything. After contacting them a few times since the interview, I still don't have an answer whether or not I have a second interview or not. They keep telling me that they are waiting to hear from upper management. Seems like a great place to work but getting through the door is proving harder than it looks.