WinCo Foods Interview Questions

2.1

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WinCo Foods in March 2015.

Phone interview and get to know process. Many questions asked about type of work done, and accomplishments of my current job. Very Nice to interview and get to know the people and the company. Very impressed by their professionalism and courtesy as they understand it's a two way process. More than willing to answer any questions I had about everything from the company to the personnel. Technical test. Onsite interview

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

I applied online – interviewed at WinCo Foods in September 2014.

Make u feel very comfortable manager of cashier Adam great leader . Ask very simple and understandable questions . Basic common sense question for cashiers with experience just have confidence and sale your self .

Simple and easy

Clerk Interview

Easy just normal customer service questions, Give you a list of answers you would choose from, give you questions to fill out, and ask why you picked those questions like what you would do in a certain area

no nagotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WinCo Foods in February 2014.

A couple days after I applied online, they called me to come in the very next morning for an interview. At the interview, they had me fill out a quiz asking a couple customer service questions. Then he asked me why I answered the way I did and asked a couple more questions, maybe like five. They were standard questions - what skills can you bring, what would you do if you saw someone stealing, etc. The interview only took like ten minutes. Then they called me the next day to tell me I was "contingently" hired, provided I passed a background check and drug test. I filled out paperwork and did the drug test the same day and they said they'd call me within the next few days with the results.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

I applied online – interviewed at WinCo Foods.

I was contacted in about a week after submitting my application had an interview the following day the interview was a pretty quick interview. The manager was very nice and personable made the interviewing process so much easier.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything.

Freight Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at WinCo Foods.

Very easy process. One interview only. Was called afterward with job offer.

Grocery Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at WinCo Foods.

Put in an application and was called in for an orientation type of thing were they tell you more about the company and then I had to call and do an automated survey on the phone. After that I was called in for an interview.

Service Deli Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sun City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WinCo Foods in February 2013.

watched a very very OLD outdated video of working in the store

Interview Questions
    • not many things were talked about the interviewer mainly let the OLD video say everything this company needs to update all videos watched at interviews   Answer Question

Overnight Variety Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at WinCo Foods in January 2013.

i applied online and recieved a callback about three days later. i was scheulded an interview for the folowwing day at 945 am. i arrived about 15 mintues was take upstairs and asked to go in the break room. i was interviewed by a manager of the department i was interested in. he was very nic profressional and we got along very good. intervew laste about 40 minutes . i was then told i would recieve a call in a week or two or an email saying i didnt get the job. i got a call the very next day to come in for a second interview. the second interview basially saying i got the job and had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • what is a great quality about you? he didnt want just im a hardworker answer he wanted something new he hasnt heard   View Answer
    didnt negoiate pay was10.50 starting which is good for me since im 19

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WinCo Foods in October 2012.

It started on a Sunday morning, a call from Winco Foods that had just opened in my city. The dept mgr asked if I could go for an interview in 1 hr. When I arrived, in 1 hr, I had to wait for an hour! Interview was very basic, but felt very impersonal. Two days later, I was offered a position. Was supposed to attend orientation, which indeed I did, but there was no orientation. Uninformed on company policies, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Dept mgr reading from the interview question sheet - I think the most difficult question was "Why do you want to work for Winco?"   Answer Question
    Everyone starts at the same wage.