WinCo Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerk Interview

Clerk

Interviewed at WinCo Foods

Interview Details – Easy just normal customer service questions, Give you a list of answers you would choose from, give you questions to fill out, and ask why you picked those questions like what you would do in a certain area

Interview Question – easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no nagotiation

Very Easy Interview

Tech Level II Interview

Tech Level II
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WinCo Foods in February 2011.

Interview Details – Online form, easy interview, business casual dress attire, clean shaving.

Interview Question – Accounting Formula?   Answer Question

Freight Clerk Interview

Freight Clerk
Vancouver, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WinCo Foods in February 2010.

Interview Details – Be 100% available and willing to start at Min wage.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult or unpleasant job you have ever had?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Starting rate: Miin. wage and 100% availability.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Antelope, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WinCo Foods in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview and then asked to come in for a face-face the next day. I was hired immediately and then sent to get a drug test done and officially started working a week later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Winco?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WinCo Foods in February 2014.

Interview Details – A couple days after I applied online, they called me to come in the very next morning for an interview. At the interview, they had me fill out a quiz asking a couple customer service questions. Then he asked me why I answered the way I did and asked a couple more questions, maybe like five. They were standard questions - what skills can you bring, what would you do if you saw someone stealing, etc. The interview only took like ten minutes. Then they called me the next day to tell me I was "contingently" hired, provided I passed a background check and drug test. I filled out paperwork and did the drug test the same day and they said they'd call me within the next few days with the results.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw your friend stealing?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Richland, WA

I applied online and interviewed at WinCo Foods.

Interview Details – I was contacted in about a week after submitting my application had an interview the following day the interview was a pretty quick interview. The manager was very nice and personable made the interviewing process so much easier.

Interview Question – There really wasn't difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate anything.

Service Deli Interview

Service Deli
Sun City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WinCo Foods in February 2013.

Interview Details – watched a very very OLD outdated video of working in the store

Interview Question – not many things were talked about the interviewer mainly let the OLD video say everything this company needs to update all videos watched at interviews   Answer Question

Freight Clerk Interview

Freight Clerk
Tigard, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at WinCo Foods.

Interview Details – Very easy process. One interview only. Was called afterward with job offer.

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WinCo Foods in April 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online for a new store opening. They called me in for an interview with about 300 other applicants. The questions they ask are rather common, "what would you do if a customer asked a question that you don't know the answer to," or "what do you think makes a great boss." After the first interview they told me that they would contact me within a couple weeks. I received an e-mail stating that they were currently pursuing other employee options but they would keep my information on file. About a week later I received a phone call to come in for a second interview. apparently "second interview" is code for you are hired, but we need some paperwork. When I arrived I filled out new hire paperwork and was given some drug testing papers. The company gives you 1 hour to complete your drug test, if you arrive at the testing facility any later then one hour later you fail automatically.

Interview Question – How would you handle a theft in the store.   View Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk

I applied in-person and interviewed at WinCo Foods.

Interview Details – Put in an application and was called in for an orientation type of thing were they tell you more about the company and then I had to call and do an automated survey on the phone. After that I was called in for an interview.

Interview Question – Questions were easy, normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at WinCo Foods

Worked for WinCo Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WinCo Foods interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by WinCo Foods employees and interview candidates.