WinCo Foods

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

1.9

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WinCo Foods in April 2012.

Submitted application online for a new store opening. They called me in for an interview with about 300 other applicants. The questions they ask are rather common, "what would you do if a customer asked a question that you don't know the answer to," or "what do you think makes a great boss." After the first interview they told me that they would contact me within a couple weeks. I received an e-mail stating that they were currently pursuing other employee options but they would keep my information on file. About a week later I received a phone call to come in for a second interview. apparently "second interview" is code for you are hired, but we need some paperwork. When I arrived I filled out new hire paperwork and was given some drug testing papers. The company gives you 1 hour to complete your drug test, if you arrive at the testing facility any later then one hour later you fail automatically.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a theft in the store.   View Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WinCo Foods in January 2012.

I was asked what I would do if I 'saw a customer putting a box of donuts in his pants' (i.e. stealing), I should have answered with 'follow the Loss Prevention rules'. Instead I answered that I would ask if customer needed assistance or a cart. lol

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a customer putting a box of donuts down his pants?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antelope, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antelope, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WinCo Foods in July 2011.

Initial phone interview and then asked to come in for a face-face the next day. I was hired immediately and then sent to get a drug test done and officially started working a week later.

n/a

Tech Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WinCo Foods in February 2011.

Online form, easy interview, business casual dress attire, clean shaving.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WinCo Foods in October 2010.

I was hired as part of a new store opening, so that's different than walking in to a store that's currently open. All of this occurred at a large hotel, not a store. I was in a large group (think auditorium) for an initial orientation to the company. Our interviews were set in groups of 4 or 5. After a few basic questions they had a large room with a manager sitting at each of about a half dozen tables. You went to one of the tables and had a few minutes of one on one. Very simple, basic questions - what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. I had a job offer either that evening, or the next day.
    I came in a couple days later, signed off on some paperwork and gave a urine sample for drug screening. The offer is conditional based on the results. There was an orientation and welcome to new employees talk in a room the size of a large classroom. This was just one of several groups. After that we were told when to be at the new store.

Interview Questions
    • I've done this all before. Honestly, absolutely nothing was new or unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They simply showed you the wage scale. I'm sure they make exceptions for management, but that was not the case here.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WinCo Foods in April 2010.

1 interview by meat manager. People in office are laid back yet professional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a job you've hated. What would you change about your last job?   View Answer
    Everyone starts at min. wage $9.05 an hour in Washington. You get raises based on your hours. They call them steps from 1 to 12. Full time pay is different than part time pay.

Freight Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WinCo Foods in February 2010.

Be 100% available and willing to start at Min wage.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult or unpleasant job you have ever had?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Starting rate: Miin. wage and 100% availability.

Meat Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WinCo Foods.

You get called for a drug test while they run a background test. Few days later get called for an interview

Meat Cutter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at WinCo Foods in October 2008.

it was short and sweet and everyone had a chance

Interview Questions
    • describe how past work experiance relates to this job   View Answer
    i didnt negociate