Wincor Nixdorf Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.5

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in June 2012.

Interview

The interview took only 15 minutes because I had already worked for this company in Germany. The interview went very smooth. The questions were very easy and I had no difficulties to answer them. The interviewer said that he can not make a decision yet but asked me to call back in the following week. I called back a week later but the decision was not made. So I had to wait another week and called back again. The Manager was not available because he was busy moving from California to Texas. But finally they called me back and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated because I worked is this field before in Germany and raised it from $42000 to $44000. The Manager said that this is all he can do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wincor Nixdorf (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

They called my home phone number retrieved from a job site posting. They obviously needed many technicians quickly because the interview went quickly and smoothly. I am well-trained with plenty of experience in the banking industry, but I did not hide my reluctance to enter this career field again.The interviewer, sensing this reluctance, did all he could to encourage me to accept the position. This mass-hiring is something they do often because they systematically cull out many who cannot meet the demands of this job as well as for all the technicians they loose, also because of the demands of this job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to ping a host network from a laptop?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I requested a dollar more and hour than they wee offering. They accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wincor Nixdorf (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

I got a call from the Software Team Lead asking to participate on an interview. There were three interviews. The first with the head of R&D and the second with the head of the Software team. And the last interview with an Architect. I was asked a couple of technical questions to test my background on software and hardware development.

Interview Questions

• There wasn`t any question that could be considered pretty difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated benefits such as reimbursement for gas and commute expenses.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wincor Nixdorf.

Interview

The interview has 2 stages , the first stage was a phone interview with the Portfolio Manager and the other is a face to face with the Portfolio Manager and the Programme Manager.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was went very well. The hiring manager was able to explain the job scope and requirement clearly. From the way I communicate with her I felt that she is a reasonable person and worth to work with her. Wincor Nixdorf interview arrangement was pretty strange. HR took the full lead when come to contact with the recruitment agent. The message communicated to the recruitment agent was there would be 3 interviews before the final hiring. When I was called for the second interview which is conducted by the HR, I was surprised by the HR during the interview that it was an offer meeting not an interview. I should be great that I passed the first interview and got the offer. But when HR review the company willing to offer package and the company benefits I was completely speechless. The package offer to me was lower than my current pay, Wincor Nixdorf has not practice to pay AWS and the HR was not willing to factor in my current AWS while computing the package. The annual package offered was 10% lower than my current package. The company benefits not up to an MNC standard. The working hours is from 8:30 - 6:30 which is 45 hours working per week. This is violated Singapore MOM policy where the guideline is 9 hours per day or 44 hours per week. Wincor Nixdorf's working hour is 9 hour per day multiply by 5 days per week would be 45 hours per week, exceeded the legal working hours. Medical benefit really cannot make it, either company appointed doctor or poly clinic else no reimbursement. $100 dental per year, this rate was 20 years ago standard. Some more only 16 days annual leave flat forever you work there.

Interview Questions

• Overall the questions asked was reasonable and if you could answer it honestly you are good.   1 Answer

Bad compensation package offer and company benefits is a SME standard even Wincor Nixdorf is an MNC.

Assistant Global Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wincor Nixdorf (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by Randstad Professionals for a first interview. Later contacted by Wincor Nixdorf´s HR for a second interview, more or less, the same as with Randstad (personal background, work experiences, university experience, expectations). very general and for less than 15min. After 1 week, got contacted by Randstad that my "future boss" would like to have a 1:1 Interview with me. More than 2 weeks of wait until I got the final call saying that I will start next week in the company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just normal talk about me and my experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was with Randstad Professionals, we just negotiated Salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wincor Nixdorf (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very simple, I had several phone interviews with the HR manager and Sales Director. Initially asking only about why I am interested, and what I want to be learning during the internship. They are all very kind, and are interested in finding out more about you. In my case they actually helped me to find the appropriate department according to my skill level. When it came to housing, they also recommended me on where to stay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Positive

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none - they tell you. little or no leeway

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in July 2009.

Interview

1 on 1 interview, interviewer gave notes to hr got call to do drug test and backgroubd check. passed got offer

Second Line Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in February 2009.

Interview

Casual. Not the professional situation I was expecting.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation with them.