Wincor Nixdorf

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Service Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview took only 15 minutes because I had already worked for this company in Germany. The interview went very smooth. The questions were very easy and I had no difficulties to answer them. The interviewer said that he can not make a decision yet but asked me to call back in the following week. I called back a week later but the decision was not made. So I had to wait another week and called back again. The Manager was not available because he was busy moving from California to Texas. But finally they called me back and I got the job.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated because I worked is this field before in Germany and raised it from $42000 to $44000. The Manager said that this is all he can do.

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in August 2011.

Interview Details – They called my home phone number retrieved from a job site posting. They obviously needed many technicians quickly because the interview went quickly and smoothly. I am well-trained with plenty of experience in the banking industry, but I did not hide my reluctance to enter this career field again.The interviewer, sensing this reluctance, did all he could to encourage me to accept the position. This mass-hiring is something they do often because they systematically cull out many who cannot meet the demands of this job as well as for all the technicians they loose, also because of the demands of this job.

Interview Question – Do you know how to ping a host network from a laptop?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I requested a dollar more and hour than they wee offering. They accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Global Accounts Interview

Assistant Global Accounts
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by Randstad Professionals for a first interview. Later contacted by Wincor Nixdorf´s HR for a second interview, more or less, the same as with Randstad (personal background, work experiences, university experience, expectations). very general and for less than 15min. After 1 week, got contacted by Randstad that my "future boss" would like to have a 1:1 Interview with me. More than 2 weeks of wait until I got the final call saying that I will start next week in the company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just normal talk about me and my experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was with Randstad Professionals, we just negotiated Salary.

No Willing to Put the Title Interview

No Willing to Put the Title

Interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf

Interview Details – The interview process was went very well. The hiring manager was able to explain the job scope and requirement clearly. From the way I communicate with her I felt that she is a reasonable person and worth to work with her. Wincor Nixdorf interview arrangement was pretty strange. HR took the full lead when come to contact with the recruitment agent. The message communicated to the recruitment agent was there would be 3 interviews before the final hiring. When I was called for the second interview which is conducted by the HR, I was surprised by the HR during the interview that it was an offer meeting not an interview. I should be great that I passed the first interview and got the offer. But when HR review the company willing to offer package and the company benefits I was completely speechless. The package offer to me was lower than my current pay, Wincor Nixdorf has not practice to pay AWS and the HR was not willing to factor in my current AWS while computing the package. The annual package offered was 10% lower than my current package. The company benefits not up to an MNC standard. The working hours is from 8:30 - 6:30 which is 45 hours working per week. This is violated Singapore MOM policy where the guideline is 9 hours per day or 44 hours per week. Wincor Nixdorf's working hour is 9 hour per day multiply by 5 days per week would be 45 hours per week, exceeded the legal working hours. Medical benefit really cannot make it, either company appointed doctor or poly clinic else no reimbursement. $100 dental per year, this rate was 20 years ago standard. Some more only 16 days annual leave flat forever you work there.

Interview Question – Overall the questions asked was reasonable and if you could answer it honestly you are good.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Bad compensation package offer and company benefits is a SME standard even Wincor Nixdorf is an MNC.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf.

Interview Details – simple

Interview Question – nothing heavy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none - they tell you. little or no leeway

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phoned by a HR lady, asked some routine questions, such like current job, the reason why to leave, the reason to join Wincor, expected salary. Then face to face interview took place between the direct report and myself. that's all.

Interview Question – Why are you planning to leave current company?   Answer Question

Second Line Interview

Second Line

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in February 2009.

Interview Details – Casual. Not the professional situation I was expecting.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation with them.

IT Interview

IT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in March 2008.

Interview Details – test of prior SAP experiences and technical questions.

Interview Question – you have no practical experience in SAP, why should i hire you?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wincor Nixdorf in July 2009.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interview, interviewer gave notes to hr got call to do drug test and backgroubd check. passed got offer

Interview Question – How do you deal with irate customers   Answer Question

Worked for Wincor Nixdorf? Contribute to the Community!