Windsor Communities

Windsor Communities Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Windsor Communities.

Be prepared for a lot of interviews. You meet with HR, the regional manager and another manager and the VP for the region. Then there is psychological testing and personality testing and then of course background and drug testing. It's quite the process. In the end it's worth it but it proved very difficult because I was employed at the time so having to take time off work for the interviews was tough. They also ask you to drive to a property that you may not even be working at to meet the needs of the regional team.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations. It was either accept or move on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Windsor Communities in August 2014.

I applied online from the Windsor website and the next day the HR manager e-mailed to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After talking on the phone for 20 minutes she wanted to schedule an on-site interview with the divisional manager, which happened to be later that same day. I talked to two managers and it was very conversational and easy-going. They were very warm and welcoming and it was not stressful.
     The next day I was contacted to schedule an interview with the site manager for the site I would be potentially working at, which happened a few days later. Again, very welcoming, she asked me a few questions and we went over my education/experience and then she took me on a tour of the site. Two days later I received and offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • If you could buy one skill that you do not posses, what would it be?   Answer Question
    I received the offer and am planning on accepting, but in the process of reviewing the letter and then trying to negotiate, so we will see!

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Windsor Communities.

The hiring process consisted of three interviews. One was an on campus interview. The second on-site. The third at the Boston headquarters. Several standard interview questions.The entire process was about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were very conversational. There were not any unex[ected questions that one would not encounter in some variation in other interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Windsor Communities in May 2014.

I was contacted through email, after having submitted a resume, and invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was brief but went well and I was later invited to an in person interview. That interview was filled with your general interview questions, I was given a tour through the location and everything went very well. It was even stated during the interview, that they liked my qualifications for the role and that they wanted to set up another interview. I was given a date and asked if it would be okay for me. When I agreed I was told that they weren't sure of the time that the interviewer would be available on that day, so I was told they would be in touch to update me with a time. I was given the interviewers business card and we parted ways.

I was excited following the meeting, thinking that I had a good shot at this position. Well the day that I had been given had come and gone, still no contact. I tried reaching out through email, received no contact. I tried calling and got one of the other employees. I explained why I was calling and they went to speak with the person I had interviewed with. I was advised they were in a meeting and would get back to me. No contact again for the rest of that day, and then the following day I received an email with the first person that I had the phone interview with explaining that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Needless to say I was very upset. I don't feel like this was handled professionally at all. I understand that not everyone is the right fit for a position, but to be told directly that I was to have a follow up interview and then essentially ignored was, in my eyes, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel has given you the experience to excel in this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Very smooth and stress-free. Never felt like I was being grilled or put on the spot and it was more like a simple conversation. Very quick turnaround time in getting response from management, very basic new hire process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel your talents specifically are tailored to working at this specific property?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Windsor Communities in December 2011.

First I had a phone interview with one of the recruiters in Boston. I guess she liked what she heard and sent my information to regional in Arlington. The called me to schedule and interview. I went up three times to meet with different property managers--all were very upbeat and generally seemed like the cared! They asked me to join their team pending background and drug test.

A week later I was hired! I have been working here for a year and the company treats you well!

Interview Questions
    • How Would I react to a certain situations   View Answer
    • What are some past experiences I've had where I had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did I deal with it   View Answer
    N/A

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Windsor Communities in February 2011.

Applied online. Received an email a few days later asking to setup a phone interview. Phone interview went well and was asked to setup a one on one interview with the assistant property manager at the job location.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult sales-related situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Windsor Communities in August 2010.

Human Resources contacted me by phone, and screen my resume, asking the basic questions like "why would you be good for this job," etc. Then an in-person interview with the on-site property manager and another regional manager.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, but I later learned that I started at the high end of the pay scale. The first example of a manager who does a great job at talking with the superior managers on your behalf.

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Windsor Communities in January 2011.

After applying online I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with an HR Rep. The phone interview was very basic, asking questions about my education and experience. I was then contacted for a face to face interview.

I interviewed with 3 different people, about 30 minutes each. The questions were more based on past experiences and the managers were all very friendly and easy going.

After a few days, I was contacted with an offer, pending criminal background and a drug test. The whole process was very quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain why you are looking for an industry change.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a little bit in the base salary, but not by much.