Windsor Fashions Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Windsor Fashions

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Windsor Fashions.

Interview

I applied in person and got called back on the same day later for an interview. I had two interviews; one with each co-manager. I was pretty nervous because I had never interviewed for a retail position before. However, both managers were friendly and easy-going. The interview questions were pretty straight-forward and nothing really caught me off guard, which was surprising since, like I said, this was my first retail interview. The managers explained the company a bit and I immediately found that the environment was desirable. But unfortunately i didn't got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone stealing? Like a customer putting a scarf in their bag.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Found the application online, it was originally posted over a month before. I applied anyways, not thinking anything of it as it was late at night when I did so. The next day, I received a call from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. They had three time slots set up for the day I went in there, I chose the earliest one. I did some research on the company and current trends, even though I've shopped there before. I arrived for the interview about fifteen minutes early. They were busy and told me to shop around while they waited for a few more applicants. Two other applicants arrived and we finally went into the back room for the group interview. The manager was very friendly and talkative - she asked about 5-7 questions and we went around answering them. No one-on-one questions as we were already running out of time until the next interview had to start. She told us she'd be off for the next two days, so I didn't expect a call until after. After the interview, she had us fill out job applications in the store. After the next two days, I sent a thank-you email for the interview. Twenty minutes later I received a call from the manager offering me the position as Sales Associate. I went in the same day to file paperwork. I do not know who else they have hired besides myself, although the store still has the hiring sign outside their location. They possibly had around 6 or 7 applicants for the one day I went to interview, and the next day they conducted another interview, which had possibly 2 or 3 more applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay current with the trends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - they pay you slightly above minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Windsor Fashions (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied in person and got called back a few weeks later for an interview. I had two interviews; one with each co-manager. I was pretty nervous because I had never interviewed for a retail position before. However, both managers were friendly and easy-going. The interview questions were pretty straight-forward and nothing really caught me off guard, which was surprising since, like I said, this was my first retail interview. The managers explained the company a bit and I immediately found that the environment was desirable. I hadn't heard from the store for a week so I was a bit discouraged, especially since I had another retail interview at another store a few days later and it was HORRIBLE. However, they called almost two weeks after the interviews and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer that couldn't decide between two different dresses for a wedding?
      What would you do if you saw a customer place a stolen item in her bag?

1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything, because they matched the pay I was getting at my old job. However, the manager seemed like she would bump it up if I asked. She told me what the starting pay was and asked if it was okay. So, I would suggest asking for more if you feel that pay is too low.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

i turned in my application in person and the manager set me up for an interview that thursday. i went in for the interview, it was more conversational than an actual interview. the co-manager loved me and called me in for a second interview. the second interview was again, very conversational. she basically gave me a run down of how the store works and what is expected from the associates. i was offered a job and am now working as a sales associate.

Interview Questions

• they spent alot of time asking how i was with conflict and how i would handle shoplifters.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i did not negotiate. i am paid minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Walked in to ask for an application, was told that if I filled it out that day and brought it back, they had interviews set up that I could be a part of. Brought it back within the hour and was told to come back at specified time later. There were 8 girls, they split us in half with assistant managers. The rest was pretty typical for a retail interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Tucson, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

First interview was with one other applicant with a sub-manager (group interview). Second interview was with the store manager. Received a phone call a few days later verifying my background check and offering me a position at $8/hr. Was called into store to fill out paperwork and train!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all, I just accepted the job right away.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Katy, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

i was interviewed by the co manager at the time and was aked questions about previous work expirence all my abilities my work performance questions that varied and regarding issues of trust and thoughts on theft. varying from how i would help a customer yo "float" and carry on. based on how great my answers were and outgoing atitude i was hired that same day and did my paperwork that day also.

Interview Questions

• what rule would be okay to break?   1 Answer

after working for them i noticed a decline in my health after all that was going on in the work enviroment and decided to have a mini vacation before i got back on my feet.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Lakewood, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

It went pretty well and was fast! I was satisfied and happy with the process. The interview was great and had challenging questions. I automatically liked the environment of Windsor right away and that is why I said yes to working there when I was recruited to work there.

Interview Questions

• How would you prevent theft?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw someone stealing? Like a customer putting a scarf in their bag.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very negotiable and easy to talk to the manager over. I would advise people to just talk it over with the manager because it is very important to talk it over and put your advise in as well. You have to be able to talk about it if you are going to want to work your way up either in this company or another.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Roseville, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The manager was late, I waited for more than 15 minutes. During the interview she was not paying attention on what I was saying. It took about 6 minutes. The skills test was a joke, with a girl playing the customer and asking me about where she could find the merchandise...

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Irvine, KY) in November 2009.

Interview

I handed my resume to an assistant manager. Was called back for an interview later that week. Was interviewed by the store manager (who was lovely by the way) in the stock room of the store alongside another candidate for the job. We were asked questions about our strengths and weaknesses, what we thought qualified us for the position etc. I thought the work space was clean, the staff friendly and i got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation in the initial phase in term of salary. Hours were more flexible for myself and the store was very accommodating considering my schedule changed every quarter because i was still in college.