Windsor Fashions Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (New York, NY).

Interview

I turned in an application to a store manager and heard back the next day. Got an interview the following week. Dress "fashion forward" or in something you would wear if working at Windsor.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions; put together an outfit for a given occasion.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Windsor Fashions

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Windsor Fashions.

Interview

I applied in person and got called back on the same day later for an interview. I had two interviews; one with each co-manager. I was pretty nervous because I had never interviewed for a retail position before. However, both managers were friendly and easy-going. The interview questions were pretty straight-forward and nothing really caught me off guard, which was surprising since, like I said, this was my first retail interview. The managers explained the company a bit and I immediately found that the environment was desirable. But unfortunately i didn't got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone stealing? Like a customer putting a scarf in their bag.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Group interview going over the basics of job, group of 3 and I dressed up because they dress up when you go in. I was 30 minutes early to make a good impression

Interview Questions

• If you saw an opportunity to steal would you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Found the application online, it was originally posted over a month before. I applied anyways, not thinking anything of it as it was late at night when I did so. The next day, I received a call from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. They had three time slots set up for the day I went in there, I chose the earliest one. I did some research on the company and current trends, even though I've shopped there before. I arrived for the interview about fifteen minutes early. They were busy and told me to shop around while they waited for a few more applicants. Two other applicants arrived and we finally went into the back room for the group interview. The manager was very friendly and talkative - she asked about 5-7 questions and we went around answering them. No one-on-one questions as we were already running out of time until the next interview had to start. She told us she'd be off for the next two days, so I didn't expect a call until after. After the interview, she had us fill out job applications in the store. After the next two days, I sent a thank-you email for the interview. Twenty minutes later I received a call from the manager offering me the position as Sales Associate. I went in the same day to file paperwork. I do not know who else they have hired besides myself, although the store still has the hiring sign outside their location. They possibly had around 6 or 7 applicants for the one day I went to interview, and the next day they conducted another interview, which had possibly 2 or 3 more applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay current with the trends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - they pay you slightly above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

interviewed at Windsor Fashions (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied in person and got called back a few weeks later for an interview. I had two interviews; one with each co-manager. I was pretty nervous because I had never interviewed for a retail position before. However, both managers were friendly and easy-going. The interview questions were pretty straight-forward and nothing really caught me off guard, which was surprising since, like I said, this was my first retail interview. The managers explained the company a bit and I immediately found that the environment was desirable. I hadn't heard from the store for a week so I was a bit discouraged, especially since I had another retail interview at another store a few days later and it was HORRIBLE. However, they called almost two weeks after the interviews and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer that couldn't decide between two different dresses for a wedding? What would you do if you saw a customer place a stolen item in her bag?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything, because they matched the pay I was getting at my old job. However, the manager seemed like she would bump it up if I asked. She told me what the starting pay was and asked if it was okay. So, I would suggest asking for more if you feel that pay is too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

i turned in my application in person and the manager set me up for an interview that thursday. i went in for the interview, it was more conversational than an actual interview. the co-manager loved me and called me in for a second interview. the second interview was again, very conversational. she basically gave me a run down of how the store works and what is expected from the associates. i was offered a job and am now working as a sales associate.

Interview Questions

• they spent alot of time asking how i was with conflict and how i would handle shoplifters.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i did not negotiate. i am paid minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Lakewood, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. I was told by the manager to come 10 minutes before the interview to fill out an application, because when I applied online they just wanted a resume. Filled out an application, and then we started the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Walked in to ask for an application, was told that if I filled it out that day and brought it back, they had interviews set up that I could be a part of. Brought it back within the hour and was told to come back at specified time later. There were 8 girls, they split us in half with assistant managers. The rest was pretty typical for a retail interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Tucson, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

First interview was with one other applicant with a sub-manager (group interview). Second interview was with the store manager. Received a phone call a few days later verifying my background check and offering me a position at $8/hr. Was called into store to fill out paperwork and train!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all, I just accepted the job right away.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Windsor Fashions (Katy, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

i was interviewed by the co manager at the time and was aked questions about previous work expirence all my abilities my work performance questions that varied and regarding issues of trust and thoughts on theft. varying from how i would help a customer yo "float" and carry on. based on how great my answers were and outgoing atitude i was hired that same day and did my paperwork that day also.

Interview Questions

• what rule would be okay to break?   1 Answer

after working for them i noticed a decline in my health after all that was going on in the work enviroment and decided to have a mini vacation before i got back on my feet.