Windstream Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.8

Network Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Windstream.

Interview

Personal, brief, to the point. Spoke with the people I would be working with extensively. The Interview was short but productive. We discussed specific technology, how unwound contribute, and then met the other team members.

Interview Questions

• Experience with specific technologies.   1 Answer

ERC-Data Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Windstream (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was then contacted by the hiring manager. I interviewed with the Hiring Manager and his Peer. The managers also called a conference bridge for other ERC Data Team Managers to join in.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some customer service related questions, followed by some technical question about networks. I was also give some simulated troubleshooting scenarios.   Answer Question

Data Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Windstream.

Interview

Went to Greenville, SC//met with Manager of the department I was to work in. Dressed up, tie, suit,etc. Had one on one interview--liked manager,said he would get back with me.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Juniper Routers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went through a temporary agency in Greenville, SC

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Windstream.

Interview

had a phone screening and 4 other interviews. Met with the sales director twice, another sales director, a senior AE, the regional VP, and the sales engineer (each were individual interviews, not a panel, and not necessarily in that order). The two sales leaders and sales engineer were in person, the regional VP was over the phone. The regional VP was the toughest of them, followed by my sales director. It goes without saying, have a resume for EVERY interview and a portfolio and pen. I've seen the director cut interviews and the hiring process short for not having any of the above.

Interview Questions

• Nothing comes to mind or was very unexpected, just took a long time to meet multiple times   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Tier II Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Windstream in November 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by phone to setup an official technical phone interview.
    The phone interview was all technical questions / more detailed than I expected!
    After that I was asked to come in for an in person interview a few days later.
    The in person interview started with a written exam and then face to face questions with 2 managers.
    I was given an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question - phone interview - Network Port Assignments   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Windstream.

Interview

They called and I interviewed with 2 people. They asked basic networking questions. The interview simple and straight-forward. I was hired the same day. They do not tell you what all the job includes, but it is a call center.

Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Windstream (Portland, OR).

Interview

LONG! If you want the job I would say follow up. I had 1 Web conference interview 1 in person interview and 2 phone interviews. they asked all the standard questions you wold expect but also alot of technical questions i would say don't act like you know more than you do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a call and an offer letter a few days after.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Windstream (Matthews, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

just had a phone interview with them was easy enough lasted about 15 minutes then was told that I had to do a face to face interview at which time I will get additional information.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Windstream.

Interview

A recruiter will call you and email you for your first interview. You will meet with the sales director of the location of the position. About 1-2 weeks later you will get a call from the recruiter about a second interview where you meet with someone in the office already in the account executive position. 3rd interview you meet with regional director and he writes down all your answers then grades them.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't you want to work here?   1 Answer

Pre--Sales Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Windstream (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Went through a few interviews and tech screenings with the recruiter regarding this role, The recruiter was enthusiastic about my qualifications and that it was a perfect fit for the role. When the recruiter attempting to arrange an interview with the hiring manager, I was dismissed straightaway.
    The recruiter frustratingly stated the hiring manager did not want anyone who had more than two jobs within five years!