Windstream

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Windstream.

Interview Details – A recruiter will call you and email you for your first interview. You will meet with the sales director of the location of the position. About 1-2 weeks later you will get a call from the recruiter about a second interview where you meet with someone in the office already in the account executive position. 3rd interview you meet with regional director and he writes down all your answers then grades them.

Interview Question – Why wouldn't you want to work here?   View Answer

Draftsperson I Interview

Draftsperson I
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Windstream in March 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview process, mainly generic questions, did ask a couple specifically for job knowledge. Interviewer was very professional and knowledgeable of the position and what it entails. He had been in this line of work for many years. He followed up with me when he hadn't heard from me after he submitted the offer through HR, but I hadn't heard from HR at the time.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because this was an entry-level position in a new career step so I didn't know what to negotiate for.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Windstream in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was real easy. I put in an application and received a call two days later. I went to the interview prepared with my resume. I have a MA from Michigan, and that is all the manager talked about; my prior educational background. She asked questions about certain situations and my prior experience. I finished and she called the other manager in. The other manager took me up to the third floor and she asked the same questions. She went over the salary and asked if I had anymore questions. I said no. I received a call later in the afternoon with an offer. Very easy interview.

Interview Question – What do you know about windtream?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was hourly plus commission.

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Windstream.

Interview Details – First an interview with corporate recruiter who asked me questions about what was already clear on my resume. Then a "sales aptitude" test online. Then a video interview. Then a phone interview with hiring person. Then another phone interview from someone "role playing." Then the wait from hell.

Interview Question – Do you think you are good at sales?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – These people do not know what they want. Took offer with bigger company.

Senior Director Federal Accounts Interview

Senior Director Federal Accounts
Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Windstream in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, knew more about position than interviewer

Interview Question – I believe interviewer was drunk at second interview. No hard questions.   Answer Question

Associate Network Analyst Interview

Associate Network Analyst

Interviewed at Windstream

Interview Details – OSI model and details

Interview Question – Two parts of an IP   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Windstream.

Interview Details – Very straight forward interview. I was first interviewed by a sales manager who was a bit intimidating. Following this (same interview) I was interviewed by the hiring manager. He was very personable and attempted to narrow down what position would fit me best.

Interview Question – "Are you a hunter, or are you a farmer" The distinction between account management and account executive.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Canton, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Windstream in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, face to face interview with hiring manager, second face to face interview with area manager.

Interview Question – The questions were typical for a sales manager interview. How do you motivate a sales team? How do you manage a territory and generate new business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Windstream.

Interview Details – Classless ignorant bozos, can't even respond to post interview emails.

Interview Question – Tell me about your favorite boss   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Windstream in February 2012.

Interview Details – takes a long time with a lot of interviews background checks and role plays in front of many different people. The process takes a long time but the pay is good the first 3 months on ramp and then you can start making more money

Interview Question – Role play a meeting   Answer Question

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!