Windstream

Relevance Date Difficulty

Draftsperson I Interview

Draftsperson I
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Windstream in March 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview process, mainly generic questions, did ask a couple specifically for job knowledge. Interviewer was very professional and knowledgeable of the position and what it entails. He had been in this line of work for many years. He followed up with me when he hadn't heard from me after he submitted the offer through HR, but I hadn't heard from HR at the time.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because this was an entry-level position in a new career step so I didn't know what to negotiate for.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Windstream in July 2013.

Interview Details – Great laid back interview. Focus on the person and their work ethic.

Interview Question – What do you know about networks?   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Network Analyst
Little Rock, AR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Windstream.

Interview Details – My interview went very smoothly. The managers made me feel extremely comfortable which took away my nervousness. They weren't technical in the questioning at all and they didn't expect me to know everything about the technology they were using. The atmosphere in the office seemed to be extremely laid back.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Windstream in June 2009.

Interview Details – First you are screened by a recruiter, then they call for an interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Little Rock, AR

I interviewed at Windstream in July 2008.

Interview Details – It was an enjoyable hiring process

Interview Question – sell me this watch   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated with someone in HR

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Windstream in March 2012.

Interview Details – Human resources including the head of HR was disorganized and disk genuine with an inherent distrut of people and an attitude that if you did not say exactly what they wanted to hear you were not of their "kind". Clearly the "we're all happy" is contingent on your being a robot.

Interview Question – Tell me how your experience applies to this role   Answer Question

Network Interview

Network
Little Rock, AR

The process took a day - interviewed at Windstream in January 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call, from the hiring/interviewing manager, on Monday to schedule an interview for Wednesday. I was expecting 2 supervisors to sit in on the inter view, but only interviewed with the hiring manager. We talked for several minutes about my general experience, and wrapped up interview with technical questions. Although some of the questions were beyond my knowledge, I did my best to use reason to provide solutions and did not get flustered. This interview lasted about 90 minutes. Honestly, I did not expect a call back, but 4 days later I received a call and an offer from HR. This interview was the most casual I have been on for a medium to large company. It was evident that the hiring manager has worked the position he was hiring for, which is definitely unusual and welcome. I rated my experience as neutral. As in most interviews, I left without a real feel for how I did or my likelihood of receiving an offer, and it would be unfair to give this a "positive" grade just because I got the job.

Negotiation Details – I decided against negotiating for this position as the salary offer was slightly better than my current position, but most importantly got me in the door of the exact industry/trade to greatly advance my career/salary goals.

Senior Project Analyst Interview

Senior Project Analyst
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Windstream in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for position. Phone call to set up 1:1 interview. Interviewed for 1.5 hrs. Decision to be made within next 2 weeks. Received follow up call about the position.

Interview Questions

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Windstream in November 2008.

Interview Details – I was called at the last minute to drive to Little Rock for an interview. After arriving at the company, the lights went out. We were shuffled from building to building several times. They were terribly disorganized and disrespectful to candidates. My "lack of confidence" in the interviews was the reason they did not extend an offer. I'm sure that my suspicions did show during the interviews. I wouldn't have accepted an offer if it had been extended.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to manage several responsibilities at once.   View Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Windstream in October 2007.

Interview Details – Mostly it was the interviewer doing the talking and describing the job. He kept mentioning that it would take at least one to two years to really know what I was doing - which was true because it wasn't at all about Finance, but totally about hardwire telecom. The interviewer was an engineer, so he spoke mostly in technical terms. I just said I had a good track record of learning new things quickly, which was what he needed since no one came into that job knowing exactly what they needed to know. Even though the official title was Finance Analyst II, in reality it had absolutely nothing to do with finance or even business processes.

Interview Question – Why was I willing to take such a decrease in salary.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The advice I would give others is to run the opposite direction. The work ethic at Windstream is very poor and it since it is a spinoff from Alltel, those that came over from the 'mother ship' were very cliqueish.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windstream interview questions and advice in Little Rock, AR. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Windstream employees and interview candidates.