Windstream

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Windstream.

My interview went very smoothly. The managers made me feel extremely comfortable which took away my nervousness. They weren't technical in the questioning at all and they didn't expect me to know everything about the technology they were using. The atmosphere in the office seemed to be extremely laid back.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Windstream in July 2013.

Great laid back interview. Focus on the person and their work ethic.

Draftsperson I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Windstream in March 2013.

Easy interview process, mainly generic questions, did ask a couple specifically for job knowledge. Interviewer was very professional and knowledgeable of the position and what it entails. He had been in this line of work for many years. He followed up with me when he hadn't heard from me after he submitted the offer through HR, but I hadn't heard from HR at the time.

I didn't negotiate because this was an entry-level position in a new career step so I didn't know what to negotiate for.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Windstream in March 2012.

Human resources including the head of HR was disorganized and disk genuine with an inherent distrut of people and an attitude that if you did not say exactly what they wanted to hear you were not of their "kind". Clearly the "we're all happy" is contingent on your being a robot.

Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Windstream in January 2012.

I received a call, from the hiring/interviewing manager, on Monday to schedule an interview for Wednesday. I was expecting 2 supervisors to sit in on the inter view, but only interviewed with the hiring manager. We talked for several minutes about my general experience, and wrapped up interview with technical questions. Although some of the questions were beyond my knowledge, I did my best to use reason to provide solutions and did not get flustered. This interview lasted about 90 minutes. Honestly, I did not expect a call back, but 4 days later I received a call and an offer from HR. This interview was the most casual I have been on for a medium to large company. It was evident that the hiring manager has worked the position he was hiring for, which is definitely unusual and welcome. I rated my experience as neutral. As in most interviews, I left without a real feel for how I did or my likelihood of receiving an offer, and it would be unfair to give this a "positive" grade just because I got the job.

I decided against negotiating for this position as the salary offer was slightly better than my current position, but most importantly got me in the door of the exact industry/trade to greatly advance my career/salary goals.

Senior Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Windstream in December 2009.

Applied for position. Phone call to set up 1:1 interview. Interviewed for 1.5 hrs. Decision to be made within next 2 weeks. Received follow up call about the position.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Windstream in June 2009.

First you are screened by a recruiter, then they call for an interview

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Windstream in November 2008.

I was called at the last minute to drive to Little Rock for an interview. After arriving at the company, the lights went out. We were shuffled from building to building several times. They were terribly disorganized and disrespectful to candidates. My "lack of confidence" in the interviews was the reason they did not extend an offer. I'm sure that my suspicions did show during the interviews. I wouldn't have accepted an offer if it had been extended.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to manage several responsibilities at once.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

interviewed at Windstream in July 2008.

It was an enjoyable hiring process

negotiated with someone in HR

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Windstream in October 2007.

Mostly it was the interviewer doing the talking and describing the job. He kept mentioning that it would take at least one to two years to really know what I was doing - which was true because it wasn't at all about Finance, but totally about hardwire telecom. The interviewer was an engineer, so he spoke mostly in technical terms. I just said I had a good track record of learning new things quickly, which was what he needed since no one came into that job knowing exactly what they needed to know. Even though the official title was Finance Analyst II, in reality it had absolutely nothing to do with finance or even business processes.

Interview Questions
    • Why was I willing to take such a decrease in salary.   View Answer
    No negotiations. The advice I would give others is to run the opposite direction. The work ethic at Windstream is very poor and it since it is a spinoff from Alltel, those that came over from the 'mother ship' were very cliqueish.