Winn-Dixie

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Deerfield Beach, FL

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2014.

Interview Details – went in for a interview, manager asked different questions like my past job experiences, availability, and scenario questions. gave me drug screen papers, background check, start training saturday. process took a month, should have been less but still got my job.

Interview Question – how would you handle an angry customer coming through your line?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview Details – Since I had worked there previously, the hiring/ interview process was extremely quick and easy. I just had to re- do the computer assessment and drug test to be hired.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question in my opinion.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in May 2011.

Interview Details – Got a chance to move up from bagger. Asked me why I wanted the job and I basically said because I wanted a change and more money. They laughed and thought I was kidding but I was serious.

Interview Question – Very straight forward questions. No curveballs really.   Answer Question

Belle Glade, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

Interview Details – There was no traditional interview. I went in, he handed me the drug screening papers, about a week and a half later I received a welcome email.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in October 2010.

Interview Details – They had one interview and hired me on the spot. They asked many questions about my previous customer service experience. I also had to do a questioneir at a kiosk infront of the store. I was intervied by the front end manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw another employee stealing?   Answer Question

Biloxi, MS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview but was told I was overqualified. They called me in for another interview two months later and I got the job. The interview was easy, no difficult questions. The office was run down and messy. I interviewed with a sweet supervisor and an unfriendly store manager.

Interview Question – There was none. The interview was quick and easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a higher wage but their best offer was not much more than their base pay.

Interviewed at Winn-Dixie

Interview Details – After i found out i was hired, i had to go to orientation for a week to learn about the store and our responsibilities as workers there.After orientation, we started watching the other cashiers trying to learn some things.

Interview Question – Can i speak to your manager?   Answer Question

Altamonte Springs, FL

I interviewed at Winn-Dixie in May 2011.

Interview Details – No interview, just handed the store manager my resume and was hired.

Interview Question – no interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Edgewater, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in September 2012.

Interview Details – This was my first job, so I called everyday for after I put in an online application. After about 2 weeks they called me back, and asked if I could go in for a same-day interview. I accepted and went about an hour later. The woman who interviewed and hired me was a manager I worked closely with after starting. The interview was very typical, with situational questions and general availability and personality questions. At the interview she told me she was interested in hiring me, and about 2 days later I took a drug test. The test took about 2 weeks to come back and I started orientation the following Monday. Overall the interview and hiring process took about a month.

Interview Question – Can you define customer service for me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Homestead, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in June 2012.

Interview Details – Took forever after i had completed an online application,i called them back,got interview right away,took maybe 5 minutes and was told i was accepted. Then training was about 30 miles away at another winn dixie,and late at that.

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Winn-Dixie

Worked for Winn-Dixie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Winn-Dixie Cashier interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Winn-Dixie employees and interview candidates.