Winn-Dixie

Updated Dec 10, 2014

1.6

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Very short and to the point. Asked me about my personality and goals. My father knew the manager so i was hired also because of that.Turns out there isnt any real feeling in the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Winn-Dixie

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in September 2014.

Interview process was very brief and not at all intimidating. Very few questions were asked. I applied online. Within a week I received a phone call from the local front end manager. She asked me to report for an interview in a couple of days. I did so, and she was the one conducting the interview. There were other candidates there applying for the same job as me and for other jobs as well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give details about why and how I'd left my previous job. Those interviewing should be expected to give a strong, confident response about that one.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I did verify that I could indeed have the night & weekend schedule I'd asked for on the online application. Once that was verified, I accepted the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Since I had worked there previously, the hiring/ interview process was extremely quick and easy. I just had to re- do the computer assessment and drug test to be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2014.

went in for a interview, manager asked different questions like my past job experiences, availability, and scenario questions. gave me drug screen papers, background check, start training saturday. process took a month, should have been less but still got my job.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle an angry customer coming through your line?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2014.

Got called for Interview with WInn Dixie manager. Obtained and was offered the job on the spot. Job references were verified. Very simple standard interview process. No complex questions were given to me.

Interview Questions
    • How many years of customer service experience have you had?   View Answer
    There was none it was a flat entry level job offer,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

There was no traditional interview. I went in, he handed me the drug screening papers, about a week and a half later I received a welcome email.

There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

After i found out i was hired, i had to go to orientation for a week to learn about the store and our responsibilities as workers there.After orientation, we started watching the other cashiers trying to learn some things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in September 2013.

Great friendly people . Passed the first interview was called back for the seconf and was given the pre employment drug test .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2013.

I applied in person at the store. I was told to return a few days later. It was my first job interview and I was nervous, so I overdressed. The interview covered many of the basic questions you read about when researching interview preparation online. They threw in a crazy physics question, (which I of course didn't know the answer to) but I later found that this was to test my reaction to the crazy questions customers sometimes ask. I only performed "okay" and I ended up getting the job so go for it.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2013.

pretty easy and straight forward

Interview Questions
    • if a customer asks where something is what do you do   View Answer
    easy I said what I needed to get and got it