Winn-Dixie Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014

1.6

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Since I had worked there previously, the hiring/ interview process was extremely quick and easy. I just had to re- do the computer assessment and drug test to be hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Winn-Dixie

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2014.

went in for a interview, manager asked different questions like my past job experiences, availability, and scenario questions. gave me drug screen papers, background check, start training saturday. process took a month, should have been less but still got my job.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle an angry customer coming through your line?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2014.

Got called for Interview with WInn Dixie manager. Obtained and was offered the job on the spot. Job references were verified. Very simple standard interview process. No complex questions were given to me.

Interview Questions
    • How many years of customer service experience have you had?   View Answer
    There was none it was a flat entry level job offer,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

There was no traditional interview. I went in, he handed me the drug screening papers, about a week and a half later I received a welcome email.

There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

After i found out i was hired, i had to go to orientation for a week to learn about the store and our responsibilities as workers there.After orientation, we started watching the other cashiers trying to learn some things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in September 2013.

Great friendly people . Passed the first interview was called back for the seconf and was given the pre employment drug test .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2013.

I applied in person at the store. I was told to return a few days later. It was my first job interview and I was nervous, so I overdressed. The interview covered many of the basic questions you read about when researching interview preparation online. They threw in a crazy physics question, (which I of course didn't know the answer to) but I later found that this was to test my reaction to the crazy questions customers sometimes ask. I only performed "okay" and I ended up getting the job so go for it.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2013.

pretty easy and straight forward

Interview Questions
    • if a customer asks where something is what do you do   View Answer
    easy I said what I needed to get and got it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in September 2012.

This was my first job, so I called everyday for after I put in an online application. After about 2 weeks they called me back, and asked if I could go in for a same-day interview. I accepted and went about an hour later. The woman who interviewed and hired me was a manager I worked closely with after starting. The interview was very typical, with situational questions and general availability and personality questions. At the interview she told me she was interested in hiring me, and about 2 days later I took a drug test. The test took about 2 weeks to come back and I started orientation the following Monday. Overall the interview and hiring process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Can you define customer service for me?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in July 2012.

Phone call scheduling Interview with department manager and then second interview with the store director. Most likely if you get a second interview, you got the job!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you helped someone out and had your own work to do?   Answer Question