Winn-Dixie Center Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Center Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brunswick, GA
Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in March 2012.

Applied via internet for a Center Store Manager position in Brunswick, GA area. Was contacted about a month later to set up a phone interview. In early April the phone interview was conducted and it consisted mainly of me describing my background in the industry and a few questions about customer service. Also, few questions about employee relations and management theory were asked. Sounded promising until the final question about salary expectations was asked. Although I was asking for a salary that was well within the industry average and the salary range posted by other employees on this site, there was dead silence for a few moments. Then, I was told I would be contacted within a week about whether the company would offer a second in-person interview. Waited for two weeks without a response from HR, so I twice left a voice-mail to please contact me about my status.
No response at all.

After a few more weeks went by, I decided to apply for a similar position in another district with the company and was sent an e-mail stating that I was not allowed to apply for any position with the company for a least six months! That was the only way I knew I had been rejected for the other position, since HR didn't have the courtesy to even call, send a letter, or e-mail me about their decision. Very unprofessional to say the least. Finally, in the 3rd week of May I received a form letter via e-mail stating they had "better qualified" applicants.

I expected much more professionalism out of a company that for years was a leader in the supermarket retail industry.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you've helped train and develope a fellow associate.   Answer Question
  • What would you consider to be a good piece count for a night crew member to pack out in his/her shift?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Winn-Dixie

Center Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in May 2009.

This might have to have been the most unprofessional interviewing and relations I've had with a co. Winn Dixie contacted me by obataining my resume. I was interviewed at a store location for a center manager position. The manager of the store did the interview. He lead me to believe I was hired for the position after asking the standard get to know your management style and response type questions. He walked me even through the store showing me my sections of the store. He concluded the interview with let me get in touch with hr and see about salary and the next step to completing the hiring process. I never heard back. Later I found out from a associate at winndixie a store manager stepped down and the dm put him in that store. Never the less the store manager should have contacted me to inform. I contacted him later to be told the position was filled. In the meantime hr from a different state called and interviewed, after interviewing it was agreed upon that I could not move to that state but winn dixie was interested in hiring me. The hr rep was to contact the office in my local city to inform the interest, I was never contacted in by this city. I was told to recontact the out of state rep to inform in 2 weeks if not contacted. Also I recontacted the store mgr from my intial interview b/c I heard the position reopened. He said that it did all excited and wanted me to refax info to him. I did this and also recontacted the hr in different state. Store manager still hasn't contacted me after 2 weeks and hr. from this local city never contacted. What a unprofessional mess! I will not pursue these guys anyfurther. Also if offered a job ever I wouldn't take it as they can not even handle step one follow up after interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • N/A all questions were easy and common. Questions like what do you do to motivate your staff. Do you have experience with p&l's, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for Winn-Dixie? Contribute to the Community!