Winn-Dixie

Getting the Interview

79 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in May 2011.

Interview Details – Got a chance to move up from bagger. Asked me why I wanted the job and I basically said because I wanted a change and more money. They laughed and thought I was kidding but I was serious.

Interview Question – Very straight forward questions. No curveballs really.   Answer Question

Customer Service Lead Interview

Orange Beach, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in August 2011.

Interview Details – just be calm and answer every question honestly. not tough to pass just tons of paper work to fill out and several videos to watch. bring a copy of ssn and drivers license.

Interview Question – what fruit or vegetable would you be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – just was hired on

Cashier PT Interview

Wildwood, FL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview Details – had one intervew, pretty basic questions, had to fill out questionaire about how you would react in these situations.

Interview Question – They were all pretty normal, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Navarre, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the store manager then he and another manager took me to the office and asked me about my experience in retail, how I reacted in a situation with a unhappy customer, what customer service meant to me and why I believed I deserved the job.

Interview Question – They were all pretty basic but why do you deserve the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate availability

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Store Director Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview Details – none was given, was placed into the position to get back into a store

Belle Glade, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

Interview Details – There was no traditional interview. I went in, he handed me the drug screening papers, about a week and a half later I received a welcome email.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Center Store Associate Interview

Center Store Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in March 2014.

Interview Details – Filled application out online and was called in about a week later. Not a real interview per se but a check that I was a real and breathing person. I was called back the next day with a job offer. Managers were friendly if a bit disorganized and their office had seen better days.

Interview Question – No hard questions really, mainly questions about availability and the willingness to work in different areas of the store.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available for part time entry level position.

Bakery Associate Interview

Bakery Associate
New Smyrna Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on and off with Winn Dixie since high school, a quarter of a century later I got a call for an interview! I was maybe there all but five minutes...grocery mgr was a kid asked me "tell me about yourself", very brief job description, and question about customers being always right...the guy had a smirk on his face the whole time which I took as a "we decided to go with another candidate"...

Interview Question – Do you agree with the statement the customer is always right?   Answer Question

Cashier
Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in October 2010.

Interview Details – They had one interview and hired me on the spot. They asked many questions about my previous customer service experience. I also had to do a questioneir at a kiosk infront of the store. I was intervied by the front end manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw another employee stealing?   Answer Question

Customer Service Lead Interview

Customer Service Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in June 2010.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions "tell me about a time that you had a conflict and how you solved it" blah blah blah, nothing special

Interview Question – what would you do if a customer was trying to rob the store   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotions. I was started at cashier pay but was hired as a 1st step manager (customer service lead) but actually did the job of ISC (2nd level manager, the person who runs the cash office) so basicly I was being paid $7.23 an hour.. same as the cashiers, yet I was held responsible for $30,000 or so a day,

Interviews for Top Jobs at Winn-Dixie

Worked for Winn-Dixie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Winn-Dixie interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews posted anonymously by Winn-Dixie employees and interview candidates.