Winn-Dixie Interview Questions

1.9

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navarre, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navarre, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

I was introduced to the store manager then he and another manager took me to the office and asked me about my experience in retail, how I reacted in a situation with a unhappy customer, what customer service meant to me and why I believed I deserved the job.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty basic but why do you deserve the job.   View Answer
    You can negotiate availability

Assistant Store Director Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

none was given, was placed into the position to get back into a store

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in New Smyrna Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in March 2014.

I applied on and off with Winn Dixie since high school, a quarter of a century later I got a call for an interview! I was maybe there all but five minutes...grocery mgr was a kid asked me "tell me about yourself", very brief job description, and question about customers being always right...the guy had a smirk on his face the whole time which I took as a "we decided to go with another candidate"...

Interview Questions
    • Do you agree with the statement the customer is always right?   Answer Question

Center Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in March 2014.

Filled application out online and was called in about a week later. Not a real interview per se but a check that I was a real and breathing person. I was called back the next day with a job offer. Managers were friendly if a bit disorganized and their office had seen better days.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions really, mainly questions about availability and the willingness to work in different areas of the store.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available for part time entry level position.

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later to set up and interview for the next day. I was asked two or three regular interview questions. Then I was asked about my major and what I planned to do after I graduated. I haven't really thought about that so I kinda just said some things. The rest of the interview the store manager talked about when he was young and things like that. I was hired on the spot and I filled out a form online and got the information to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the manager of a grocery store what would be your top three priorities?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

There was no traditional interview. I went in, he handed me the drug screening papers, about a week and a half later I received a welcome email.

There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

After i found out i was hired, i had to go to orientation for a week to learn about the store and our responsibilities as workers there.After orientation, we started watching the other cashiers trying to learn some things.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

was hired on the spot. never went through the interview process

Store Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

I was promoted from within the company. Usually, the interview process from outside is done at the district level, then regional level and finally corporate level.

No negotiation phase. I accepted what was offered.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in December 2013.

it was a quick 3 minute interview just getting to know me, i went on a quick tour, and was sent to do a drug test that same day. two days later they hired me before the results even came back. they ere VERY desperate