Winn-Dixie

94 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Lead Interview

Customer Service Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in June 2010.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions "tell me about a time that you had a conflict and how you solved it" blah blah blah, nothing special

Interview Question – what would you do if a customer was trying to rob the store   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotions. I was started at cashier pay but was hired as a 1st step manager (customer service lead) but actually did the job of ISC (2nd level manager, the person who runs the cash office) so basicly I was being paid $7.23 an hour.. same as the cashiers, yet I was held responsible for $30,000 or so a day,

Bakery Associate Interview

Bakery Associate
Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a few weeks later to set up and interview for the next day. I was asked two or three regular interview questions. Then I was asked about my major and what I planned to do after I graduated. I haven't really thought about that so I kinda just said some things. The rest of the interview the store manager talked about when he was young and things like that. I was hired on the spot and I filled out a form online and got the information to take a drug test.

Interview Question – If you were the manager of a grocery store what would be your top three priorities?   Answer Question

Floral Lead Interview

Floral Lead
Fairhope, AL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2010.

Interview Details – They were so desperate to fill the position that they were willing to tell me anything I wanted to hear to hire me including every weekend off.

Interview Question – There weren't any. The were desperate to fill the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. I stated what I wanted and the manager agreed.

Biloxi, MS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview but was told I was overqualified. They called me in for another interview two months later and I got the job. The interview was easy, no difficult questions. The office was run down and messy. I interviewed with a sweet supervisor and an unfriendly store manager.

Interview Question – There was none. The interview was quick and easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a higher wage but their best offer was not much more than their base pay.

Interviewed at Winn-Dixie

Interview Details – After i found out i was hired, i had to go to orientation for a week to learn about the store and our responsibilities as workers there.After orientation, we started watching the other cashiers trying to learn some things.

Interview Question – Can i speak to your manager?   Answer Question

Manager, Transportation Operations Interview

Manager, Transportation Operations
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Numerous visits and telephonic interviews. Well over six months before getting an offer for the same position.

Interview Question – Why are poor people poor   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult at best.

Altamonte Springs, FL

I interviewed at Winn-Dixie in May 2011.

Interview Details – No interview, just handed the store manager my resume and was hired.

Interview Question – no interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview Details – was hired on the spot. never went through the interview process

Interview Question – was never asked any questions just sent for drug test   Answer Question

Edgewater, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in September 2012.

Interview Details – This was my first job, so I called everyday for after I put in an online application. After about 2 weeks they called me back, and asked if I could go in for a same-day interview. I accepted and went about an hour later. The woman who interviewed and hired me was a manager I worked closely with after starting. The interview was very typical, with situational questions and general availability and personality questions. At the interview she told me she was interested in hiring me, and about 2 days later I took a drug test. The test took about 2 weeks to come back and I started orientation the following Monday. Overall the interview and hiring process took about a month.

Interview Question – Can you define customer service for me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Store Director Interview

Store Director

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within the company. Usually, the interview process from outside is done at the district level, then regional level and finally corporate level.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. I accepted what was offered.