Winn-Dixie

1.9

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later to set up and interview for the next day. I was asked two or three regular interview questions. Then I was asked about my major and what I planned to do after I graduated. I haven't really thought about that so I kinda just said some things. The rest of the interview the store manager talked about when he was young and things like that. I was hired on the spot and I filled out a form online and got the information to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the manager of a grocery store what would be your top three priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

There was no traditional interview. I went in, he handed me the drug screening papers, about a week and a half later I received a welcome email.

There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

After i found out i was hired, i had to go to orientation for a week to learn about the store and our responsibilities as workers there.After orientation, we started watching the other cashiers trying to learn some things.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

was hired on the spot. never went through the interview process

Store Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

I was promoted from within the company. Usually, the interview process from outside is done at the district level, then regional level and finally corporate level.

No negotiation phase. I accepted what was offered.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in December 2013.

it was a quick 3 minute interview just getting to know me, i went on a quick tour, and was sent to do a drug test that same day. two days later they hired me before the results even came back. they ere VERY desperate

Assistant Store Director Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

The interview process takes about 45 minutes. It is basic customer service questions and job knowledge questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in September 2013.

Great friendly people . Passed the first interview was called back for the seconf and was given the pre employment drug test .

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

I applied online. They called me about a week later for an interview. Interview was very short. They called a week later offering me the job. I accepted, and had to take a drug test and go to training. The entire process took about three weeks.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in July 2013.

The application is long and tedious. It's generally a 10-15 paged form with an exceeding amount of questions and a behavioral test. They place HEAVY emphasis on certain questions (such as work schedule and such) that, if answered wrong/differently, result in an automatic 'decline', and they place too much emphasis on making sure you pass the behavioural exam. But honestly, once you get approved, it's a walk in a part. You'll go in and see the manager, who in the interview will then tell you rules, your pay grade, etc., as well as a mandatory drug/pee test. Generally, once you're in enough to get an interview, you're immediately plugged in as a hired employee.

Interview Questions
    I was generally able to negotiate a cashier job, and then got promoted on up to service desk associate, then lead. If you are able to smooth-talk the manager and show good ethic and work in the room, you'll get a increase on your pay. Generally, have good speech, charm, charisma, and ethic.