Winn-Dixie Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

1.9

Assistant Store Director Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

none was given, was placed into the position to get back into a store

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belle Glade, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Glade, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

There was no traditional interview. I went in, he handed me the drug screening papers, about a week and a half later I received a welcome email.

There was no negotiation

Center Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in March 2014.

Filled application out online and was called in about a week later. Not a real interview per se but a check that I was a real and breathing person. I was called back the next day with a job offer. Managers were friendly if a bit disorganized and their office had seen better days.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions really, mainly questions about availability and the willingness to work in different areas of the store.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available for part time entry level position.

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Smyrna Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in March 2014.

I applied on and off with Winn Dixie since high school, a quarter of a century later I got a call for an interview! I was maybe there all but five minutes...grocery mgr was a kid asked me "tell me about yourself", very brief job description, and question about customers being always right...the guy had a smirk on his face the whole time which I took as a "we decided to go with another candidate"...

Interview Questions
    • Do you agree with the statement the customer is always right?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in October 2010.

They had one interview and hired me on the spot. They asked many questions about my previous customer service experience. I also had to do a questioneir at a kiosk infront of the store. I was intervied by the front end manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw another employee stealing?   Answer Question

Customer Service Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in June 2010.

Typical interview questions "tell me about a time that you had a conflict and how you solved it" blah blah blah, nothing special

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer was trying to rob the store   View Answer
    no negotions. I was started at cashier pay but was hired as a 1st step manager (customer service lead) but actually did the job of ISC (2nd level manager, the person who runs the cash office) so basicly I was being paid $7.23 an hour.. same as the cashiers, yet I was held responsible for $30,000 or so a day,

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2014.

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later to set up and interview for the next day. I was asked two or three regular interview questions. Then I was asked about my major and what I planned to do after I graduated. I haven't really thought about that so I kinda just said some things. The rest of the interview the store manager talked about when he was young and things like that. I was hired on the spot and I filled out a form online and got the information to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the manager of a grocery store what would be your top three priorities?   Answer Question

Floral Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairhope, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairhope, AL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2010.

They were so desperate to fill the position that they were willing to tell me anything I wanted to hear to hire me including every weekend off.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. The were desperate to fill the position.   Answer Question
    Simple. I stated what I wanted and the manager agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Winn-Dixie in April 2012.

I had one interview but was told I was overqualified. They called me in for another interview two months later and I got the job. The interview was easy, no difficult questions. The office was run down and messy. I interviewed with a sweet supervisor and an unfriendly store manager.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate a higher wage but their best offer was not much more than their base pay.

Cashier Interview

After i found out i was hired, i had to go to orientation for a week to learn about the store and our responsibilities as workers there.After orientation, we started watching the other cashiers trying to learn some things.