Winn-Dixie Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL

2.5

Center Store Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie.

For me, the hiring process was quick. I listed my brother, who was a grocery manager at the time, as a contact and that got me an interview quick because the hiring manager knew him. They just asked me some basic questions, like if I had any experience, what my best qualities are, what my worst ones are.

Interview Questions
    • One time when I was interviewing for a promotion, the HR rep asked me to tell her about a time where I felt conflicted on how I should handle an issue.   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in December 2013.

it was a quick 3 minute interview just getting to know me, i went on a quick tour, and was sent to do a drug test that same day. two days later they hired me before the results even came back. they ere VERY desperate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in February 2013.

pretty easy and straight forward

Interview Questions
    • if a customer asks where something is what do you do   View Answer
    easy I said what I needed to get and got it

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in March 2012.

The interview went well, the people are nice but I would ask to see the actual work area you would be occupying. The carpet is so dirty and old I'm sure that is why the people here remain sick all the time! People with allergies can barely breath. Get your duties in writing, I was told one thing and I do far less.

Manager, Transportation Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in November 2011.

Very long interview process. Numerous visits and telephonic interviews. Well over six months before getting an offer for the same position.

Difficult at best.

Assistant Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in November 2011.

The process involves submitting standard job application with a resume and cover letter included. If your experience, education and skill set are a good match for the job requirements and obligations, you'll move on to an online test. The test consist of an array of questions that test for specific personality traits and behavioral. Also, you're asked a series of basic math and verbal questions. If you receive notification that you've based the test, then you'll move on to a 1:1 phone interview with an individual from the HR department at the corporate office. If you pass the phone interview, you are then scheduled to move onto a 1:1 interview with the store director of the location that you applied for. This interview is generally followed by a group interview with an HR director and the district director of the department you'll be managing. I passed all the interviews and accepted the job offer via phone. The process is rather extensive and complicated for the level of work required.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation and what was the result?   View Answer
    If you have a sufficient amount of industry experience (especially in retail or restaurant management), you're likely to get a hire starting rate than those who do not. Also, individuals applying internally traditionally get a smaller hourly increase than those applying externally.

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in October 2011.

applied online, got called for a phone interview and in person interview & drug test.

they just told me what they would pay and that was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in May 2011.

Got a chance to move up from bagger. Asked me why I wanted the job and I basically said because I wanted a change and more money. They laughed and thought I was kidding but I was serious.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward questions. No curveballs really.   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in August 2010.

The company is still rebounding and rebuilding from bankruptcy, so money is tight. They are in competition with WalMart and Publix, and have a lot of work to do!

Also, it seems the company believes in having many people involved in a single hiring decision. I met with 8 people total during the process and had two in-person interviews. That is, after passing a phone screen with a recruiter and then one with the hiring manager. This was for a middle management position.

My 1st meeting involved a series of six 1-hour interviews with a mix of dept staff, HR mgmt, the hiring mgr and key internal customers. My 2nd meeting was 4 hours long, and including repeat meetings with 3 people plus meeting a Group VP. Some interviewers took a more formal approach with behavior-based questions, but others seemed like they had chosen/composed their own questions.

It seems like the director-level staff and above work very long hours. There are people in the company who have been there for many years, and they often think very differently about the business than the newer staff who've joined the company during or after the bankruptcy. The new people seemed very sharp and many joined from high-profile companies around the U.S.

Pluses of working there: Everyone dresses business casual and the company offers employees a 5% store discount on groceries. The headquarters office has an onsite pharmacy and a decent cafeteria.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your greatest achievement. And your greatest failure.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a relatively young yet talented employee who is developing a reputation for being abrasive and unwilling to consider others' opinions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Cove Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Cove Springs, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winn-Dixie in July 2010.

The interview is really simple, the manager only asked me how often I could work and continued to have a little conversation. At the end, she said how she noticed I smiled often and was easy to talk to and hired me.

Interview Questions
    • What was unexpected was she wasn't interested in answers as much as how I answered.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The wage is the wage.