Winners

Winners Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

P/T Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Winners.

I applied in person, filled out the application and dropped off resume. The process took almost 2 months.One of the store managers set up the interview for the next day. Interviewed at Winners- 40 minutes long.The interviewer told me she will check my original reference letter and will follow up with me next week. No one called me, so 2 weeks after the interview I gave a call, the interviewer didn't work that day, so I left a message with the CSR. After I have explained my situation, she told me they aren't hiring and hang up on me. Again, no call!After 2 weeks, I called again, because I was confused and I needed my original reference letter, the interviewer finally answered and told me "she was in the middle of smth and if I want I can come and get it" and that she'll give me a call later that day!No call! Went in person to take my original reference letter because I needed it to apply for another job.
    I didn't expect this attitude because the standard interview indicated a professional and smooth hiring. Very frustrated and disappointed.Wasted my time and energy.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Winners in February 2014.

Applied online. Not sure how long after, but I got a call back for an interview. Received a response a week after, give or take a few days. After that, they had me come in to sign off on a bunch of papers.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a line of people who all required your attention at the same time, how would you handle that?   View Answer
    • What was one time where you had deadlines and how did you meet them?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had a conflict with someone, whether it be at school or at work.   Answer Question
    None.

Do Not Remember Interview

I got a call from a lady that I answered a job advertisement from Kijiji. When I got there, I found out she was looking to fill jobs for people from other companies and asked if I would be interested in working at Winners. When I said, "Yes", she called a person at Winners and set up an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember much of the interview, but I do remember that it felt very relaxed and not like a "normal" interview (it actually felt too relaxed). Where I was used to having the importance of the company and the importance of customer service being of prime importance at the other retail place I worked before, here it was almost the total opposite.   View Answer

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winners.

Started off as regular merchandizing staff, so hiring process was pretty standard. A manager took me into the office and asked me questions like why I'd be a good fit in the store, why i chose to apply there, what my goals are within the company, if I had previous experience, etc. We also went over wages, expectations of staff, store hours, etc.

Allocation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Winners.

Three rounds of interviews. 5-6 hours total interviewing. 1st interview to last interview spanned nearly 2 months.

1st round was with a 3rd party company in the United States. One hour in length on phone. Mainly behavioral types of questions. 2nd round was with HR in person. Asked almost identical questions to the 1st round. 3rd round was with various colleagues in the company including current allocation analyst, buyer, and reporting managers; two separate sets of interview on same day.

I don't remember if it was at the 2nd or 3rd round, but there was also a Microsoft Excel test, a math test, and written case study.

F/T Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winners in March 2013.

I applied on-line as well as gave my resume in person at the store where a manager came to see me. I was told to call back the following week to set up an interview as they were looking to fill possibly two positions. I had an interview with another manager who was hiring for a f/t associate position. The other merchandise processing coordinator position that I was told they needed someone turned out they were not filling it after all. I was asked a series of standardized questions dealing with conflict resolution, communicating with a team, customer service, going above and beyond and something that needed improving in my past work setting. For each previous job experience was asked why I left. The interviewer told me they would be calling my references the next week and the following week would make a decision. I got a phone call the 2nd week saying that that the position was being filled internally now but she recommended me to their partner store Homesense who were looking to hire for an associates position which I thought was nice of the manager .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something in your last work setting that needed improving and what you did about it ?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Winners.

Interview went quite well, the manager did not ask intricate questions. Made me feel at ease

Interview Questions
    • "In your past employment, how did you handle organizational skills and time management along with priorities?"   Answer Question

Cash Office Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Winners.

Hiring and Interview Process is standard for a retail outlet

Allocations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winners.

1 hour allocation test on wallets, and where to allocate
    interview with associate planner
    interview with 4 planning mnagers

all in one day! pretty intense

Interview Questions
    • behaviour based questions. need specific examples.
      questions on the test given,

tell me about a time where you overcame a difficult situation

View Answer
    nothing

Business Analyst Interview

Got a phone interview. It was 30 mins long. Standard questions. The person on the phone was nice.