Winners Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014
39 interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winners in May 2011.

Took about 2 weeks to get a call in for my interview after applying. The interview took a little 50 min to an hour and simple questions were asked. It was one on one, and the interviewer was welcoming, down-to-earth, and very nice. After my interview I was hired just about a week after.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were as difficult as I thought they would be, of course the situational questions have always been a challenge for me to answer but other than that the questions were just general like "what are your long term goals?" and "Was there ever a time you had to take action of a difficult situation-what did you do-how did it resolve or not resolve the situation-and what were the outcomes?" stuff like that.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winners in December 2010.

The hiring and interview process is very thorough. Individuals are tested on their analytic and creative skills. They test you on how well you draw logical conclusions. They ask you to Evaluate information or situations, Break them down into their key components and Consider various ways of approaching and resolving them.

Interview Questions
    • A large cosmetics company had a problem that some of the soap boxes coming off the production lines were empty. The problem was quickly isolated to the assembly line, which transported the packaged boxes of soap to the delivery department: some soap boxes went through the assembly line empty.

The management asked its engineers to solve the problem. They spent much time and money in devising an X-ray machine with high-res monitors manned by staff to watch all the boxes on the line to make sure they weren't empty.

A workman hearing about this, came up with another solution. He got a powerful industrial fan and pointed it at the assembly line. As each soap box passed the fan, the empty boxes were blown off the line. Moral: the simplest solution is usually the best!
        Answer Question

P/T Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vaughan, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Winners.

I applied in person, filled out the application and dropped off resume. The process took almost 2 months.One of the store managers set up the interview for the next day. Interviewed at Winners- 40 minutes long.The interviewer told me she will check my original reference letter and will follow up with me next week. No one called me, so 2 weeks after the interview I gave a call, the interviewer didn't work that day, so I left a message with the CSR. After I have explained my situation, she told me they aren't hiring and hang up on me. Again, no call!After 2 weeks, I called again, because I was confused and I needed my original reference letter, the interviewer finally answered and told me "she was in the middle of smth and if I want I can come and get it" and that she'll give me a call later that day!No call! Went in person to take my original reference letter because I needed it to apply for another job.
    I didn't expect this attitude because the standard interview indicated a professional and smooth hiring. Very frustrated and disappointed.Wasted my time and energy.

Do Not Remember Interview

I got a call from a lady that I answered a job advertisement from Kijiji. When I got there, I found out she was looking to fill jobs for people from other companies and asked if I would be interested in working at Winners. When I said, "Yes", she called a person at Winners and set up an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember much of the interview, but I do remember that it felt very relaxed and not like a "normal" interview (it actually felt too relaxed). Where I was used to having the importance of the company and the importance of customer service being of prime importance at the other retail place I worked before, here it was almost the total opposite.   View Answer

Allocation Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Winners in May 2012.

Initial phone interview with a recruiter lasted about 5 minutes and scheduled a second phone interview with another recruiter this was a 30 minute interview with general interview questions like why would you be a good fit for this job? etc. as well as a scenario where I was given a certain number of designer umbrellas to allocate to a particular region. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview at the head office with a senior recruiter. The one on one interview was a great experience and i felt very confident at the end they asked a few behavioural questions but focused primarily on my resume and how I would fit in with the corporation. I was they scheduled for a panel interview with 2 senior buyers. This was a terrible experience these two buyers fired off questions at me for about an hour with absolutely no feedback on my answers and the questions we all behavioural and ridiculous. I didn't get the job and when they called me to let me know they provided no feeback on how i could improve. The whole experience took about a month and was very unsettling.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use common sense at work.   View Answer

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Winners.

Started off as regular merchandizing staff, so hiring process was pretty standard. A manager took me into the office and asked me questions like why I'd be a good fit in the store, why i chose to apply there, what my goals are within the company, if I had previous experience, etc. We also went over wages, expectations of staff, store hours, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Winners in October 2010.

One on one interview

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Winners in June 2012.

I applied online. Got a call maybe a month or two later and had forgot I applied. They set up an interview. It was approx 15 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • Customers can get pretty frustrating, what is going to make you want to continue helping them?   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Winners.

Three rounds of interviews. 5-6 hours total interviewing. 1st interview to last interview spanned nearly 2 months.

1st round was with a 3rd party company in the United States. One hour in length on phone. Mainly behavioral types of questions. 2nd round was with HR in person. Asked almost identical questions to the 1st round. 3rd round was with various colleagues in the company including current allocation analyst, buyer, and reporting managers; two separate sets of interview on same day.

I don't remember if it was at the 2nd or 3rd round, but there was also a Microsoft Excel test, a math test, and written case study.

F/T Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winners in March 2013.

I applied on-line as well as gave my resume in person at the store where a manager came to see me. I was told to call back the following week to set up an interview as they were looking to fill possibly two positions. I had an interview with another manager who was hiring for a f/t associate position. The other merchandise processing coordinator position that I was told they needed someone turned out they were not filling it after all. I was asked a series of standardized questions dealing with conflict resolution, communicating with a team, customer service, going above and beyond and something that needed improving in my past work setting. For each previous job experience was asked why I left. The interviewer told me they would be calling my references the next week and the following week would make a decision. I got a phone call the 2nd week saying that that the position was being filled internally now but she recommended me to their partner store Homesense who were looking to hire for an associates position which I thought was nice of the manager .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something in your last work setting that needed improving and what you did about it ?   View Answer

Worked for Winners? Contribute to the Community!