Winners Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview/screening a week later. Was invited to a one-on-one interview at one of their other locations. Interviewed by the store manager. Filled out an application form beforehand so arrive 10-15 mins earlier than scheduled interview and bring 2-3 references.

Interview Questions

• If there was a safety hazard, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a manager? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with your life right now?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. After two weeks I received a phone call from a recruiter and he told that they wanted some people to start asap. I expressed my interest in the opportunity. First he explained me the hours and the location. Then he asked me some simple behavioural questions and about past experience. In the end we scheduled an interview for a face to face meeting for next week. I went to a location store for the face to face interview, The recruiter in here was a different from the one who called me. She was not very polite. She asked me some behavioural questions. She seemed like she was not listening at all what I was saying. She laughed at my face when I told her my availability by saying that this did not depend on me but on the store hours. I told her that is why we are here to reach an agreement with each other or not. There is no need to laugh at each other. I was very surprised by her attitude. It tells a lot about the company culture. In the end I left with a really bad feeling.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.

-Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.

-Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.

-Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.

-Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Winners (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice.. Knew I was extremely nervous..
    Talked about how long she was in the company.. Basic company information.. Dress code.. What's kind of expected..
    Then the interview questions came about .. All the questions were explain a situation where u had to... Or what would u do if...she seemed very nice about everything .. Over all pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a hazard in store?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a manager asked you to do something u didn't want to do?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about a new rule or regulation that you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

P/T Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Winners (Vaughan, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied in person, filled out the application and dropped off resume. The process took almost 2 months.One of the store managers set up the interview for the next day. Interviewed at Winners- 40 minutes long.The interviewer told me she will check my original reference letter and will follow up with me next week. No one called me, so 2 weeks after the interview I gave a call, the interviewer didn't work that day, so I left a message with the CSR. After I have explained my situation, she told me they aren't hiring and hang up on me. Again, no call!After 2 weeks, I called again, because I was confused and I needed my original reference letter, the interviewer finally answered and told me "she was in the middle of smth and if I want I can come and get it" and that she'll give me a call later that day!No call! Went in person to take my original reference letter because I needed it to apply for another job.
    I didn't expect this attitude because the standard interview indicated a professional and smooth hiring. Very frustrated and disappointed.Wasted my time and energy.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Not sure how long after, but I got a call back for an interview. Received a response a week after, give or take a few days. After that, they had me come in to sign off on a bunch of papers.

Interview Questions

• If you had a line of people who all required your attention at the same time, how would you handle that?   1 Answer
    • What was one time where you had deadlines and how did you meet them?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had a conflict with someone, whether it be at school or at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

P/T Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume in person, two days later got a call to come in for an interview a week later. Interviewed with the hiring manager, and answered basic interview questions ("what is customer service?" etc - things pertaining to previous work experience) and was asked about my availability. Got called the next day with a job offer, accepted, and went to a group training session the week after.

Allocations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Winners (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1 hour allocation test on wallets, and where to allocate
    interview with associate planner
    interview with 4 planning mnagers

all in one day! pretty intense

Interview Questions

• behaviour based questions. need specific examples.
      questions on the test given,

tell me about a time where you overcame a difficult situation

1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing

Allocations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Winners (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

1) applied on-line and was called by the nicest and friendliest interviewer ever!! they questions are really simple that ask about off price retailing, what features of excel you use (v lookup and pivot tables), how you plan? why you applied about this position/ what you know about winners? very standard questions relating to the company. Then you get feedback from the phone interview which is very simple and just you got to ask questions to the HR

2) I got called in for a 1:1 interview with the recruiter of Hr at the corporate office within a week. I aced the interview because they ask you about off price retailing, leadership examples, how you motivate yourself, how you work in a team, how you read and interpret data, more questions about knowledge of the company.

I was offered an interview on the spot for the week after with the management team.

3) The excel and personality test are not hard. The drake 3 performance test is just a bunch of generic personality questions from 1-5 that rate your qualities about being team oriented, leader, humble, honest, blah blah blah. The excel test is either really easy or some questions make you think. I have been using excel for 7 years and some questions I had to Google. No time limit on it but try to get around 30-32/35 which I did.

4) I then had the final interview with the management team. They made me wait in the room for 12-15 minutes on my own before being introduced to the other person. I found out that it was a bad start from the beginning. I was asked an allocation question of 250 valentine days cards, how I handle conflict with my manager, where I will be in 5 years (this question is a trap say you want to work for winners but you want to be successful but help the business grow), Ever a time you had to compromise?, how off price retail is different then department stores? a time you had to make a risky decision, the outcome of it? The managers are hit or miss you really have to ask them a bunch of questions about the day to day responsibilities and how PASE works.

Overall I had to wait a week and if they don't call you within 3-4 business days don't waste you time. I had all the outstanding qualities they want but if you are more focused on future positions or asking about the process going forward its hard. The hiring ratio was 20 girls to 3 guys for allocation analyst. Therefore as a guy I was already at a disadvantage. The company says they want to promote quickly but when you express that they do not want that said.

Focus on how you embrace feedback, focus on how you give positive feedback, you put the team ahead of your views for company success. The interview process is really easy because its a entry level position but when you follow up after the final interview if your phone doesn't ring in 4 days count yourself out.

Interview Questions

• how would you allocate 250 valentines day cards?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to make a compromise and the outcome   Answer Question

Allocations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Winners (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Firstly, I was called by a recruiter in Florida who was really easy to talk to. After speaking with her she said I was going to be meeting with a senior HR recruiter at head office. The 1:1 Interview consisted a lot of situational questions, but overall a very relaxed interview environment. At the end of speaking with her she told me she wanted me to come back the following week to meet with two managers. She also send me an email that contained an excel test and a personality test. The interview with the managers was a harder interview as they didn't offer any feedback during or after the interview. The next week I was contacted with an offer. Overall a really smooth interview process and dealing with everyone was a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't meet a deadline and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I felt it was a good solid offer

Allocations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Winners (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview asking through behaviour questions and background then one question about distribution of umbrella and asking if I have advance Excel skills, knowing Vlookup function etc

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time when you show leadership.   Answer Question
    • If you have to distribute 100 umbrellas, where in Canada would you distribute it and what else you would like to consider in making decisions?   Answer Question