Winrock International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.6

Program Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Winrock International.

This as interesting. The program staff filled me in on the job. The HR staff did not seem to understand the programs. They tried to be helpful. Benefits are good and they offered more $$$ than I asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go work in DC if you support international development instead of the field.   View Answer
    Bizarro . Glag I got what I did.

Program Officer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Winrock International.

Phone interview and then group and then weeks of waiting. Slow and awkward. Too many of the same questions at different points. Also, documentation requirements were old fashioned.

Easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Winrock International in May 2014.

Exactly 3 weeks after submitting my application for the Program Associate job for the Enterprise & Agriculture group, I was contacted by HR for an in-person interview. I was able to do a skype interview as I was traveling during the proposed time. The interviewer was the current program manager who asked typical questions, Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work for Winrock, .

After the positive video interview, HR requested a writing sample, salary history and professional references. My references were contacted via email since they are based abroad one week after the interview. Then silence. 4 weeks passed with absolute silence from Winrock HR despite 2 follow up emails.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience do you have in monitoring and evaluation?   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Winrock International in April 2012.

It took a very long time to hear back and I actually had to follow up with an email to the person I guessed was the director of the program where I had applied. We had 2 Skype interviews and then a job offer. It required persistence and flexibility on my part... but was worth it!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to walk my interviewer through my resume, to share my strengths and weaknesses, and to have a brief 10 min conversation in French. There weren't any trick questions. It was open-ended for me to present my candidacy in the best way possible, which is something I wasn't necessarily expecting.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate but only with supporting documentation of previous salary history, and even then it seemed there were significant strings pulled to match (slightly beat) my competing job offer salary. I also agreed to start earlier than I ideally wanted.

Program Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Winrock International.

Applied online. Two months later, I got the telephone interview notice by email. After first interview, I got the feedback in two days and had the second interview with in seven days. I wrote an email to confirm the process after two weeks of the second interview. However, there is no any more response, even one month passed.

Program Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Winrock International.

I was contacted by phone for an initial interview one month after applying online. In my initial phone screening, the Program Officer simply explained more about the position and answered my questions. They then asked me to complete a writing exercise and scheduled a second interview with the Program Officer and Senior Program Officer. This second interview was about an hour long and they were great about answering all of my questions. I heard back about 3.5 weeks later that I was not selected for the position. I had to email several times to get this information.

Interview Questions
    • They asked standard questions about my relevant experience. They also asked to explain in detail how I manage my time.   Answer Question

Senior Program Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Winrock International.

The interview and general introduction to the company process are very poorly organized. The company is split into several teams and you may not know what team or teams you are on before you are hired---you should ask.

Interview Questions
    None. They will not negotiate salary. They have a range and don't really care if your qualifications exceed their base pay.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winrock International in November 2010.

Applied online and contacted within 2 weeks. Set up an in person interview. Three members of the staff were present and it lasted about one hour. The questions were basic- mostly about my resume and a few situational questions (how I prioritize, what managment style I work well under, what I like about my day/least favorite part, etc).

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize tasks with competing importance?   Answer Question
    I received an offer 2 days after my interview on my voicemail. I know that is not standard practice for the organization though and it might have just been the HR rep. I had to ask for the benefits information to be provided. After review, I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary. Overall, the benefits are EXCELLENT and the salaries are in line with similar organizations.

Cop Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Winrock International.

The hiring and interview process consisted of an initial letter of application which resulted in a 1 hour telephone Interview followed by a face to face discussions a few days later. Reference checks were also carried out prior to me being employed. The whole process was very professional

Interview Questions
    An offer was made which seemed reasonable and was accepted

Worked for Winrock International? Contribute to the Community!