Winston Retail

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Merchandise Coordinator
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Winston Retail in October 2011.

Interview Details – All communication is via phone, email, Skype, Ovoo. During my whole duration at the company I've only had the opportunity to meet with other employees or management twice (annual met and greet) or if I happened across someone while working in the field, or was on a temporary assignment with another employee. Communtication starts with emails, inquires about job history... then phone interviews of the same, with in-depth job description and salary discussion. Then emailed paperwork to sign once they offer you the gig.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, just questions about you work history... they want to know details.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for my salary. Make sure to negotiate if you want to get paid, because there is a good chance you will stay at that salary for a long time to come. Ask, "Is that as high as you are will to come up, because..." list your reasons and why you're worth it.

Stock Squad Interview

Stock Squad

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Winston Retail.

Interview Details – phone interviews

Negotiation Details – there's an hourly salary that tops out pretty low

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Merchandise Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Winston Retail in June 2009.

Interview Details – Winston gave two interviews, mostly based on work performance. Over all experience was pleasurable. HR representative very friendly and allowed time for all questions. They took the time to describe the job and work requirements in detail.

Negotiation Details – Hiring manager explained pay scale - range for job and years of experience determined the pay rate.

SSA- Junior Merchandiser Interview

SSA- Junior Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Winston Retail.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and submitted a resume. I then did a telephone interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Most memorable question was. Why I would want to work for this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – To be hired as a contractor for a junior merchandiser position for $11.00 an hour. I had just received my Bachelor's in Fashion Merchandising and thought this would be a great way to get some experience in the field. Once i started working I got SSA or Stock squad associate visits and pay instead of junior merchandiser positions/pay.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winston Retail in July 2012.

Interview Details – My interview was over the phone. The recruiter was very friendly and her excitement rubbed off on me. She explained the job details wonderfully. There are several contracts you have to sign prior to being hired but as long as you have access to a scanner or fax machine, it makes the process run faster. The hiring process could not have been any smoother. I was actually laying pool side while being interviewed.

Interview Question – My resume and application was very detailed so the recruiter pretty much knew my entire background proir to the phone interview. She just verified everything. I pretty much had to job before she called.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay rate that was offered I accepted immediately because I thought it was very fair. Once I received my contract they bumped it to one dollar more, which I did not argue with!!

Campus Representative Interview

Campus Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Winston Retail in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a phone conversation with the HR rep for around 45 minutes. Then I received an email instructing me to interview one on one with the store manager.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were faced with a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Winston Retail? Contribute to the Community!