Winston Retail Interview Questions

2.5

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Winston Retail in October 2011.

All communication is via phone, email, Skype, Ovoo. During my whole duration at the company I've only had the opportunity to meet with other employees or management twice (annual met and greet) or if I happened across someone while working in the field, or was on a temporary assignment with another employee. Communtication starts with emails, inquires about job history... then phone interviews of the same, with in-depth job description and salary discussion. Then emailed paperwork to sign once they offer you the gig.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just questions about you work history... they want to know details.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for my salary. Make sure to negotiate if you want to get paid, because there is a good chance you will stay at that salary for a long time to come. Ask, "Is that as high as you are will to come up, because..." list your reasons and why you're worth it.

Stock Squad Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Winston Retail.

phone interviews

there's an hourly salary that tops out pretty low

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Winston Retail in June 2009.

Winston gave two interviews, mostly based on work performance. Over all experience was pleasurable. HR representative very friendly and allowed time for all questions. They took the time to describe the job and work requirements in detail.

Hiring manager explained pay scale - range for job and years of experience determined the pay rate.

SSA- Junior Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Winston Retail.

I filled out an application online and submitted a resume. I then did a telephone interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Most memorable question was. Why I would want to work for this company.   Answer Question
    To be hired as a contractor for a junior merchandiser position for $11.00 an hour. I had just received my Bachelor's in Fashion Merchandising and thought this would be a great way to get some experience in the field. Once i started working I got SSA or Stock squad associate visits and pay instead of junior merchandiser positions/pay.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Winston Retail in July 2012.

My interview was over the phone. The recruiter was very friendly and her excitement rubbed off on me. She explained the job details wonderfully. There are several contracts you have to sign prior to being hired but as long as you have access to a scanner or fax machine, it makes the process run faster. The hiring process could not have been any smoother. I was actually laying pool side while being interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • My resume and application was very detailed so the recruiter pretty much knew my entire background proir to the phone interview. She just verified everything. I pretty much had to job before she called.   Answer Question
    The pay rate that was offered I accepted immediately because I thought it was very fair. Once I received my contract they bumped it to one dollar more, which I did not argue with!!

Campus Representative Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Winston Retail in August 2008.

The interview consisted of a phone conversation with the HR rep for around 45 minutes. Then I received an email instructing me to interview one on one with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were faced with a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Winston Retail? Contribute to the Community!