Winston-Salem State University

Interviews for Top Jobs at Winston-Salem State University

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Winston-Salem State University in August 2011.

The interview panel consists of 4-5 members. They ask you why you want to work with the helpdesk and ask several questions to gauge your understanding of the skills necessary to perform the job. Another question your asked is the standard tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. If your brought in for the interview, you basically have to screw up the interview to not get the job. Business casual dress recommended.

Interview Questions

Library Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Winston-Salem State University in November 2011.

I interviewed for a paraprofessional position with a minimum high school diploma requirement, with a preference for a college degree. I possess a BA, and several years experience for the position I applied for. First, everyone at the university I encountered was kind and respectful. However, many of the in depth questions asked at the interview were Master's level questions, and I know even people who have many years prior experience would have found difficulty in answering. Having actually held the same position prior at another university, I knew what the job entailed and honestly anyone with a week's training and no library experience at all could have it down pat. I think there is a lot of internal politics into who gets hired at this institution. I think it was a complete waste of time and effort on my part.

Interview Questions
    • How does the Library of Congress formulate its call number system?   Answer Question