Winston & Strawn

Winston & Strawn Interview Questions

2.6

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winston & Strawn.

I was referred to the job by Robert Half in Chicago. I met with Tracy Bartosz in HR and then met with the Head Secretarial Supervisor and then two of the floor supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Meetings were very short and and no difficult questions .   View Answer
    Very quick and easy, I was hired that evening that I interviewed

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Winston & Strawn in October 2013.

Their hiring process can be somewhat ridiculous. They REQUIRED 65 wpm to the score on their typing test. What I mean by this is that if the person typed 64 wpm they would not be allowed to move to the next step. They also make it difficult for those that may be switching jobs. There is no real consideration for scheduling of interviews, length, or frequency. Even if you request the interview during certain times (knowing that you're currently employed) they will schedule it at whatever time they wish. They also have multiple interviews. First you come in for the testing, then to meet with the HR consultant, then the HR Manager and if you make it that far, you have to go in to meet with the lawyer you'll work with.

Bilingual Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winston & Strawn in October 2013.

Interviewed with them on 10/29/13, before I had a face to face interview had to pass a typing test

Interview Questions
    • Typing test was the key to get through the process but I don't type fast so after my third attempt of typing test my interview was terminated   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Winston & Strawn in July 2013.

Got opportunity to interview through a recruiter. It was a pretty laid back interview with 7 people. Only one of the attorneys was annoying with obvious questions that was self explanatory from my résumé. I got really good vibes from the atmosphere of the firm and the Office Adminstrator was great.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask me questions, it was more conversation base.   Answer Question

They really stressed overtime and although I don't mind working it - I felt like they didn't offer me much flexibility.

Facilities Manager Interview

The process involved meeting with 3 individuals at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were out of the norm for an interview.   Answer Question
    Yes, there was some flexibility at the time but not much.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winston & Strawn in May 2012.

The interviewers were really nice. I got this interview through a referral. I had a private interview with someone from Human resources. Then i had another interview with 3 other managers/directors

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to get out of this internship? What value will you bring to the table.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Winston & Strawn in November 2011.

Asked basic questions. Made sure you had some knowledge of field.

Paralegal Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Winston & Strawn in June 2009.

I felt as if it would be an inflexible place to work. I interviewed with a Paralegal Manager, whom I sensed would be a micro-manager if I decided to work with them. I felt that there would be a challenge with the ability to balance work and life. The worlk environment felt stuffy.