Wintrust Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wintrust Financial

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial.

Interview

Was interviewed on campus and then offered a face to face interview. The second interview was at the office in Downtown Chicago. The atmosphere was very quiet with cubicles in the middle of the room surrounded by offices for managers.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Applied, phone interview, came in for an interview with 2 execs. Was offered the job later that week. Wanted to make sure my career goals aligned with the company. Long-term growth. Great building - it's the old Lehman Brothers office.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to find a good fit, made sure my skills were on par.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available with entry-mid level position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick process, more about capabilities than GPA or education Test people skills and watch your interactions Look into your accomplishments and how they are applicable' Hiring was quick. Need was immediate for the program.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

One phone interview and one face to face. Quick offer, not much salary negotiation. It was one of the less intensive interview processes I have experienced. The questions were basic, but i feel that i am over qualified fro the position. I would rate it a 7 out of ten.

Interview Questions

• Where do you wee yourself in the company in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation attempted, no success.

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

Met representatives on campus. Went to info session. Got an on campus interview. Really nice people, but I think they would like to hire people that are familiar with the local area since they are a community bank.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Rosemont, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

1- On the phone, informal interview. Questions about your resume, what your strengths are, and description of the position. 2- At the offices, First a writing portion, you have to read a short article on real estate and write a summary, most likely to value your attention to detail. Second meeting with CAO, still very informal, resume review basic getting to know each other and the position, no bs what if or situational questions. Got hired about a week later! all in all a pretty calm and not too nerve racking interview process. Just them getting to know you and seeing if you would fit their team

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little negotiations, they dont budge on salary.

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial.

Interview

First interview was by phone. Then an in person interview was set up in the suburban office. I was looking for a position in the city but was told all interviews were conducted at the suburban location. Took the interview but during the process was told that the job was atcually in the suburban location. I was disappointed that I was lead to believe the position was in the city when in fact it was not. It was a waste of everyones' time and an expensive commute for me.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial in January 2013.

Interview

Simple interview process, interviewed with manager one time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Had my resume forwarded by an alum, sent it April 6, 2012. Took a month before I received an interview offer. Was invited to their downtown Chicago office. From there, I was taken into a boardroom with several other applicants and was told to fill out a paper application while we waited for our interviews. The paper applications requested general information and for things like education - even high school education. Then on the last page it asked for 3 references. There also several essay questions. Seemed pointless and should have had the candidates fill it out online. The interviews were set up to be in 30 minute intervals, I met with 5 VP's and 1 credit analyst. Interviews were mostly "walk me through your resume" or conversational. Personal relationship building, having some idea about commercial banking and having good questions would be key things to have. A lot of ex-JPM employees work here and they are looking for candidates who will stay long term. The primary location for this position, initially will be in Skokie, IL at their North Shore Bank - with occasional travel to the downtown office. Felt like the interview went pretty well. Did not receive a response till a week later saying they would have their decisions the following week. A week passed and I did not hear back - assuming they just forgot to email my rejection or I am in a secondary candidate pool.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I have so far only made it to the 1st interview and am waiting to see if I have made it to the second round of interviews. The first round of interviews was extensive, I met with six different people over the course of two hours, switching people every 20 minutes.