Wipro

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Architect

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – Worst experience so far in my entire career. The process started when some recruiter (not wipro) contacted me and send my resume to Wipro. The Wipro recruiting assistant is the only contact I have. These guys are very unprofessional in their communication, style and meetings. None of the interviews happened at scheduled times. Skype based interview from India was the most unprofessional step of all. The interviewer doesn't want to show his face but all the time looking at me during the interview. In the end, they gave me a verbal offer with an amount as base salary and some bonus. The next day HR (from west coast) calls me and negotiates on the salary. In the end, after the verbal offer and cheap negotiation tactics, the real offer was never made. When I inquired with my recruiter (the middle guy) he has no information why the company was not ready to move forward and asked me to contact Wipro directly. What a waste of time and effort !!! Never work for these guys if you want to grow professionally.

Interview Question – In the words of HR - "Eventhough WIPRO tries to portray as an American company, it is very much Indian and doesn't pay decent salary. Now tell me how much you want as a salary? "   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Wipro in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple. I have worked on Teradata so it was all teh basic questions.

Interview Question – Collect stats on an empty table and loaded table   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro in August 2008.

Interview Details – When I applied for Wipro,it took around 1 month to complete the process till getting the offer.Usually Wipro's process is very late and cumbersome compared with other companies.Rest is not bad...,

Negotiation Details – As that time the market time is very bad,I did not even asked for salary and they also did not even asked me.So,I accepted whatever salary I was offered.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro in April 2010.

Interview Details – had three round of interview.. initially telephone .. pure technical, 2nd round by practice lead again high level technical. they almost made the offer in 2nd round itself and last HR round was just formality

Negotiation Details – In fact I asked 50% hike they almost gave 45%..

Bangalore (India)

Interviewed at Wipro

Interview Details – Strtegic resource team found resume in job portal and called for inetrview. it is 1: 1 in 1st round and same second round

Interview Question – verification in assembly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After technical..hr round..

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wipro in April 2011.

Interview Details – A Face to face one time and a Video con managerial round will decide your eligibility. HR just decides the pay. Godd process of hiring.

Interview Question – No such question for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First you ask. Then they will offer. Negotiate on that and they will decide and inform you.

Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wipro in June 2011.

Interview Details – I attended 3 phone interviews, two rounds of technical and one final HR round. Most of the interview questions revolved around my job experience and mostly around on the job issues.

Interview Question – Discuss performance engineering and how you applied it for maximum availability of your applications   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my base salary and joining date.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wipro in May 2009.

Interview Details – Very unstructured. HR called from Bangalore and asked few general questions, couple of hours later line manager called and started interviewing without any prior notice. The next round was schedules next day afternoon but the interviewer called at 7 pm on the same day to interview me. On request to push the interview to next day he called me next day at 7.50 am whilst I was still a bit sleepy!

Interview Question – questions on development life cycle   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wipro

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wipro Architect interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wipro employees and interview candidates.