Wipro Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wipro.

I was interviewed for 45 minutes by an HR employee and asked the standard list of behavioral questions ("tough situation", "ethical situation", "leadership situation", etc). This was followed by a "surprise" GD consisting of about 10 fellow applicants. The topic of the GD was pretty vague and HR did not intervene at any point. At the end, we were asked to choose the "best" contributions.

Interview Questions
  • In the interview, I was asked of a situation in which Wipro's values would be tested. Not knowing what Wipro's values were, it was tricky to answer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wipro.

Technical round for 30 Min followed by second round technical face to face interview with one technical guy and one manager most of the questions were related to my technology. Followed by HR round mostly for sal negotiation.

Not so Good, did not prepare well before HR interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wipro.

Telephonic Interview, F2F interveiw, Client Interview and final HR interview.

Interview Questions
    Depend upon their urgency the salary will vary.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro.

Group discussion and Personal Interview. You need to remain alert during the company presentation as it cab be a part of your group discussion or interview. There are no difficult questions in the interview. Questions are on your area of expertise. If you are caught bluffing then the interview may become complicated. A fairly good knowledge of area of expertise is enough to crack the interview without any extra preparation. Campus recuitment process can take a whole day so it is important to remain fresh and have good presence of mind during the interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro in December 2012.

Wipro - A name synonymous with Indian IT. Big campuses, bigger crowds & an opportunity to work with a very vast - both depth & breadth wise - organisation comes to mind. During the third semester just after our summer internships, nominations were invited to apply for Wipro's campus hiring program. The e-mail wasn't too detailed, however basic info like expected work location, remuneration etc. were covered. So, the nominated candidates were invited for a day-long process to Gurgaon. The initial pre-placement talks were not too great. It was a crowded room as a couple of other colleges were there too (the venue was shared, the process was independent for each institute), and we weren't able to fathom much detail about the work itself. The presentation hovered around CSR, marathons, HR initiatives, diversity and so on, not treading upon actual work expected from someone in the role, or details regarding compensation & benefits etc. I am okay with trumpeting the horn about the bigger picture and the company as a whole, but for prospective b-school grads for whom this selection could shape the direction & shape their career would take on for good, objectivity wouldn't have hurt. This was in stark contrast with another US-origin consulting firm that had visited our campus a couple of days ago - they were absolutely to the point & had nailed every question we might or might not have asked regarding life as an employee. Such attention to detail will take a long way for the global hiring & engagement team it seems, sadly.

After the session, groups were formed for discussions. A three-member panel oversaw the sessions and topics ranged from vague, political to downright controversial. However, it went amicably as after one year of life together, we were all friends and were courteous & respectful towards each other even if we disagreed. After a 15-minute discussion I was asked to summarize the proceedings & later as we waited we were informed that 3 from our group of 12 were shortlisted for the interview.

My interview turn came real soon as it was alphabetical. I was nervous as even though my profile was somewhat diverse with quite enough talking points, what I lacked in was academics, & having been through the Wipro process during my graduation as well (didn't join at that time, went for higher education) I was expecting some grilling. The interview panel consisted of three people - two seemingly senior guys probably from their respective business domains, and one hiring manager which we knew and interacted with in the morning. The interview was mostly profile-based, with them inquiring about chronologically since my school days. Some questions threw me off, they asked Java & Data structures to someone who had been studying marketing & finance, but I regained my composure & didn't lose my comfort zone. A lot of vagueness herein as well. Questions ranged from general knowledge about Wipro, outlooks towards IT in general, typical consulting-type arguments regarding business viability, a little bit of guesstimate work too, but nothing too daunting. It lasted quite a while, but what was beginning to bug me was that I had started feeling it was hovering too much on my engineering days, while those were behind me. Nevertheless, I myself tried to steer them onto my ongoing projects and internships, and the interview ended with a smile. I was happy that it was harmonious & calm, but on the other hand was worried that maybe the serenity was a result of an ordinary profile, though they did not make too much comments about me having less than ordinary grades.

After the interview, I immediately gorged on lunch and even though I could have left in the afternoon and avoided traffic as my home was at least a 50 Km motorcycle-ride away. I waited till night fell, and an exhausted recruiter make his final parting speech and announced my name. Ecstasy prevailed and phone calls were in order. Four of us had been selected and we went home happy. It took three hours of mind-numbing bumper to bumper driving to reach home, and yet I do not remember that commute at all. Came home to a visibly jubilant family and slept like an infant that night.

Interview Questions
    • After a lot of discourse on the Europe crisis, problems of sovereign debt, & the BRICS nations, suddenly I was accused of always trying to shirk responsibility & be mediocre. I was asked that why I have not tried to be a convenor or a president of any college committee, and during engineering too, I mentioned I participated & volunteered in music festivals & tech-symposiums.

"You have low grades, but seemed to have interest in extra-curricular stuff. Why weren't you considered good enough for say a position like organizer, convener, or committee head? Seems 'management' wasn't among your skill set!"
        View Answer
    Negotiation wasn't a part of process as we knew beforehand about remuneration & nominated only after accepting their terms.

Associate Consultant Interview

It was a technical interview and was conducted well.

Interview Questions
    • Not that many unexpected questions more of on the job scenarios   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wipro in August 2012.

very good technical questions. HR interview was as usual.The interview process is very much in the schedule way.Good communication to candidate before interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wipro in April 2012.

Was good and tough . It continued for atleast for one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wipro in April 2012.

HR round and Tech round and discussion round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wipro in August 2011.

Wipro Infotech MSBU division conducted a recruitment only through referrals. It was a very basic written test on C and a HR interview which was nothing but discussing the job details and the about the contract agreement

No negotiation. It was a contract agreement for 18 months