Wipro Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.4

Lead Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wipro in September 2014.

The interview process consisted of one general interview from a recruitment specialist followed by a technical specialist and rounded out by a lead recruitment specialist. The questions were all standard. Each person representing the firm seemed rushed and impatient, really not the best vibe when interview prospective candidates. My gut told me that these folks are just looking for a body to throw at a contract and have no concern. Over time my feelings were justified.

Wipro wanted me to relocated from RI to Atlanta, GA to support a new contract as their full-time employee. I was eager to move and it was explained to me that HR would present an offer and we could negotiate salary and relocation assistance. I negotiated a very good salary but the relocation assistance wasn't enough for me to move my household. Additional the assistance was reimbursable but that didn't help with the substantial cost so, I negotiated a signing bonus that put me in the neighborhood of a DiY move. To make the move I asked for 5 days paid vacation during my third week of employment to comeback to RI for the DiY move. At that point things started to disintegrate. I was told that such a request isn't standard and I asked for the HR lead to ask management to consider my request. The recruiter openly laughed but told me that she would ask and get back to me. I understood that the home office is in India and that there was an upcoming holiday in the US so, I padded my expectations of a response by a couple of days.

Days went by and I thought to contact the lead recruiter via email, phone, text Skype but it was evident that I was being stonewalled. Contact was made to members of her team I was promised by another recruiter that both she and he would call me only to find that he didn't. When I called him back I was told that he was ill. When speaking to the lead I was told that she was very busy and would get back to me. It was a week away from my proposed start date. I was suppose to report to Wipro's East coast HQ the following Monday, stay for two days then fly to Atlanta to start on Wednesday. My perception was that Wipro expected me to parachute into the site with a fractured living arrangement. I made a point that my request would enable me to be better productive and benefit the customer and Wipro's contract. Apparently, Wipro disagreed.

I don't want this to seem like a rant so, I'll close my write-up with this...

HR, you have some work to do. This was the least professional interaction hiring and interview process of my 22 years in customer service. HR / recruiting is the first experience a person will have with your company. As I look through some of the employee comments, I can see similar experiences and I hope that you take this to heart and change the culture.

Salary, bonus and relocation were easy but when I asked for 5 days paid vacation to reduce my out of pocket expenses as relocation didn't cover the expense, I was asked if I was open to move even farther (to LA) with the same money. When I declined the LA offer I was stonewalled for my request and the offer withered on the vine.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wipro in December 2013.

Initial contact through Job board, said Recruitment Manager will get back in 2 days. Took 1 week to schedule intial phone interview. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager was detailed and pleasant. Next round F2F.

Undewriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wipro in August 2013.

Saw my resume on the internet spoke on the phone, had test emailed to me to take, face to face back ground checks and drug test before 1st day of work.

I got an offer I liked

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wipro in December 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a Business Analyst position. I expressed interest so my resume was submitted. The next day, I received a call from HR to schedule a technical interview for later that day. The technical interview was very easy, just walking through my resume and experience. The next day, I received a call from HR to schedule an in-person interview. I came in that next day. Again, the interview was very simple, no difficult questions. It was easier than the technical interview. About 2 hours later, HR called and gave a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult - they needed a large team so they didn't spend a lot of time on interviewing.   Answer Question
    They gave me what I wanted.

Stellent Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wipro in July 2011.

Two interviews over the phone , first one technical and second more HR and Company/Project level. Offer was made after second interview very fast.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience in meeting SLA's and your experience in general handling tickets with escalations?   Answer Question
    I received initial offer and accepted. It included relocation reimbursement, yearly bonuses and satisfactory salary

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wipro in July 2011.

E-mailed resume then was called back for an interview and accepted the job 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    Sign the contract and that was it. No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wipro in August 2010.

Phone interview by HR then asked to come in for a 1:1. Relatively easy interview, mostly personal questions. Got offer one week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations; offer was very satisfactory.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wipro in July 2010.

Interview consisted of an initial screen with a manager. We reviewed my work background and had other typical interview questions. This call lasted for about 30-60 min. The next interview was an in person interview with the Department Head. This was a straight forward interview and I was asked how much I expected to earn. The entire interview process was lengthy as it took weeks to hear back from each point in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you were laid off from your previous company?   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wipro in February 2010.

I was first contacted by Wipro in April of 2009. I had three phone interviews. The first was by a recruiter, the 2nd by a senior technical person, the 3rd by the executive over the group. All three went well. This process took two months. In late June 2009, I checked in for status, and was told they would hire me if they won a deal with a client. I never heard back.

January 2010. I was contacted again by Wipro, being told that they now had a ton of business, and that they would hire me this time. The executive that interviewed me in 2009 had moved to another position, so I would need to speak with the person that took his place. Over the course of the next few weeks, I was scheduled to fly to Atlanta to be interviewed by the new executive. I was first told the interviews would be during one week, but after not hearing from Wipro for a couple of weeks, and with the planned interview week being the current week, I was not expecting it to happen, and it did not. I had to call Wipro to find out what was going on - they never proactively called me. The interview was rescheduled.

I was then sent an email telling me to arrange travel with the travel coordinator, who was copied on the email. I researched the flights I wanted, and sent an email to the travel coordinator. She replied to the recruiter, with a cc to me, asking the recruiter for permission to book my flight! A day later the recruiter responded with his approval, and the flight was booked. I emailed the travel coordinator asking about a hotel, and I never received a reply. A day later I forwarded the email to the recruiter, asking about why a hotel was not reserved. He replied that the travel group only does airfare, and that I would need to reserve my own hotel.

Day of interview. I was told to be at the Wipro office, where my panel interview would start at 9:00am. I arrived at 8:45am and went up to the appropriate floor. The receptionist had me wait for the recruiter. After 10 minutes, a recruiter showed up and took me to a small conference room. He explained that the recruiter with whom I had been corresponding with had been sick the day before, but he would be in soon. I was told that three people would be interviewing me at the same time. I was presented a sheet of paper that had four business scenarios on it. I was to pick one to solve. I would have 45 minutes to develop a solution, and then I would present my solution to the three people. The three would grill me for about 20 minutes. If I passed the grilling, then I would have a job.

I spent the next 45 minutes developing and refining my solution. I wrote up the key points on the white board, and I waited. At 9:45 the recruiter came back in and asked me if the three people had shown up. I said no. He asked if the 'original' recruiter had shown up. I said no. He said he would check on things and get back to me. Fifteen minutes later he comes back and tells me that it doesn't look like the other recruiter will show up for work that day - but he isn't sure. In regards to the interviewers, he doesn't know where they are - he is trying to track them down. He leaves once again, and about 10 minutes later comes back and tells me they are in a big meeting downstairs, and that they will come talk with me as soon as they can.

After waiting close to two hours, two of the three interviewers show up. They apologize for the schedule mix-up, and I start my presentation.

The twenty minutes of grilling that I was expecting turned into 1 and 1/2 hours. I was exhausted, but I 'm thinking I did fairly well. Just as they two guys were about to let me finish, the top executive walks in. I now have to recap everything for him. Another 30 minutes of being grilled by him goes by, and I am finally told OK, I can stop. I'm told they will now start the 'regular' interview.

I now get 30 minutes of the traditional questions of what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc. This seems to go well. At the end of 30 minutes, the executive stands up and says they have to leave and get back to their meeting. As they are leaving, one of the three whispers to me that it went very well, and that I can expect an offer within a couple of days. This was a Thursday.

By the next Wednesday, I had not heard anything. I sent an email on Thursday to the primary recruiter, asking for a status. On Friday, he called me and after some small talk, told me that they were not going to make me an offer. I expressed my dismay, after I felt and was told I did so well. He said that they went back and forth all week trying to decide, and finally determined that I was not a match for what they wanted. But perhaps there would be something in the future.

I was surprised to say the least. Given how I was treated overall (including the fact I have yet to be reimbursed for my expenses), it is probably a good thing I don't work for them.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro in February 2010.

Was called to come in for an interview. Interviewed individually by HR, Department Head, and senior consultant. Interview itself was very simple - standard questions were asked nothing too technical. However, I was required to take a test afterward. Technical test consisted of, in my view, very basic questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place - salary set in stone