Wipro Business Development Manager Interview Questions

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wipro in April 2014.

I was interviewed through my campus recruiting and career fair. The initial interview was set up right after the career fair for 4 days later. I was interviewed by the global campus recruiter and a business manager. The campus recruiter was very personable and I could tell that he knew what he was doing. It was a behavioral interview that was more about me. Each question that I was asked was triggered by my responses to the previous questions. They did not have a specific set of questions that some companies use, like counting down a list. The other person in the interview followed suit and was asking questions to see what I was about. They were more interested in whether I was a good fit for any particular industry that they were hiring for than just trying to get through a list of questions. All of the days interviewees were also put in a room for a group case study.

I am currently waiting to see if I made it to the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • The most interesting question was, "What is my definition of a challenging job?". Also, "Why did you stay at your last job so long (4years) if you did not like it?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in February 2013.

Interview process conducted on business school campus (MBA positions). Company was not clear about what positions they were interviewing for. WIPRO posted general a general job description for "Associate Consultant" but said they wanted to interview people and see where candidates would be the best fit. This approach makes it difficult to prepare for the interview and ensure your resume best reflects the skills the jobs demands.

Interview was typical behavioral interviewing (why wipro, what do you know about consulting, tell me about a time you worked with a difficult team, etc...)

Interviewers were somewhat unprofessional. The main HR guy (not the persona I was interviewing with) kept walking in and out of the room I interviewed in, which of course disrupted the flow of the conversation and it was distracting. He interrupted my interview twice to tell us to wrap things up. This left me no time to ask any questions about the company or position.

The good news is that I knew by the end of the day that I was given a "verbal offer." I just received the official written offer -- salary is far below average compensation for MBAs with a consulting company.

Not very impressed by professionalism of company during interview process.
    Not impressed with the salary offer. The exact same salary figure was offered to me and a classmate, even though we would be in completely different cities with different costs of living.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had difficulty working with a team?

What is your strength / what is your weakness?

Why WIPRO? What do you know about consulting?
        Answer Question

I have not declined yet as I'd like to see if salary negotiation is possible....but I've heard from current employees that WIPRO is unwilling to negotiate salary.

I have heard mediocre to negative reviews about the company and I don't want to accept a position I won't be satisfied in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southern MD Facility, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern MD Facility, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wipro in February 2010.

Terrible. I have been interviewed by them 2 times and both times the same stuff. They fly you to the mid-west and spend about 10 minutes with you. They make you fly up and back in one day. The last time I went acorss the country to interview the VP spent 10 minutes with me. It was a joke. They then leave and you are stuck trying to get a cab out of suberbia and back to the airport. I am a female and both times.. I wondered if I was not just brought in as some token. Never again. They have the worst interview methods.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wipro in November 2010.

ok..except the really did not spend much time with me.

Interview Questions
    • What were you past 5 years sales numbers   View Answer
    • How much services sales experinece do you have   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Wipro in March 2007.

They held an information meeting in the evening. The next day we had one on one interviews. The interviewer asked mostly how we would go about building relationships in an assigned area and assigned vertical. They asked if we had any IT background but then went on to explain it was not necessary for the position. They made the offer two days later and expected our answer within a week. Only one interview. No flyback or anything like that. What I found out later is that this is the way interviews are done in Indian schools. You have two days of interviewing with multiple companies, they give you and offer and you are expected to accept the offer by the end of the two days. They had really not done any research on how things were done here.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would reach clients in a new geographical area you are placed in?   Answer Question
    You have zero room for negotiation.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in October 2010.

I was asked to prepare a presentation and then the panel asked me questions based on that.

Simple and straight forward

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in June 2010.

recruiter did the first overall screen, followed by vertical solution manager and product manager panel interview, followed by GM interview (2), then lastly interview with VP

Interview Questions

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!