Wipro Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wipro in October 2013.

I applied through our campus website and got an interview invitation on the next day. I chose a time slot at 11:00 AM, so I did not need to wait too long for the group interview. The interview question was pretty standard. However, when the interview just started, the interviewer had already keep looking at the clock on the wall. The interview just lasted about 15 minutes. In the afternoon, we had a group interview, which was a case discussion. It was simple, and no standard answers.I never get any response back.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job? Give an example about how to handle a challenge situation. etc.   Answer Question

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wipro in August 2011.

Technical Interview, Manager Interview, HR Interview

Interview Questions
    • For a Mainframes Test Lead positions, the expectation was to have an exposure of a mid-level Mainframes developer. As I was a Mainframes developer already, it was better easy for me. Questions include: Complex SQL designing, JCL - SORT cards etc, Testing best practices, Tools experiences: QC, Test Director and questions on these tools   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in May 2013.

Worst HR experience ever. Completely unprofessional, rude and demeaning. In the process I was asked illegal questions like marital status and number of kids. The HR was completely unprofessional and several times in the process made me wonder why I was interviewing with them. The HR asked me switch on my web cam for a Skype interview but did not switch on his. There was complete disregard for my time. I had quoted a salary at the beginning of the process but was in the end offered something much lower. Wipro is the kind of company which has zero value for the work you did or the educational background you have. All they care about is the number of years. It does not matter if you were peeling vegetables during those years.

On the good side the people who took my technical interviews - People I would work with were quite nice, honest and intelligent. Too bad they are dependent on a ridiculous HR department.

Interview Questions
    • If you want money Wipro is the wrong place to be. Now tell me how much salary will you accept.   Answer Question

The HR. Even if they had met my expectation or beat it by 30%, I would not have accepted their offer because of the unprofessionalism shown during the process which I am sure echos throughout the organization.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wipro in August 2010.

It was a long interview, up to an hour over the phone with two technical guys and the HR person. I don't know if the client was that strict with the qualifications, but the interview questions were very detailed in the technical perspective. Talk about down-to-the-semicolons-in-the-code-line detailed. Prior to applying for this job I had 3 years extensive experience in software development, then the last 2 years was more on production support, so admittedly it was not easy to recall the gritty details, although I KNOW where to find and how to do what they are asking. I am not by the book person, and that keeps me open to new approaches to a code solution/implementation. Apparently they are looking for a by the book person, who can memorize the program's reference guides up to the last punctuation mark.

I'd like to be fair in thinking that the client they are working for needs a highly-technical resource, but I felt this was not a fair assessment of an applicant's abilities. Halfway during the interview, they made me feel quite worthless. Needless to say, the interview was a stressful one, and I was expecting (and was actually relieved) that they would not contact me after this ordeal.

My only advice to potential Software Developers is to really study for the interview, and be ready for extremely technical questions. They are quite challenging.

Soon after, I applied for one of their competitors, and they [competitor] did WAY better in terms of considering my qualifications. They did not ask a lot about which particular XML tag I need to update, but rather actually looked at my timeline in my resume and then asked me the right questions, some technical, but basic ones. And then they asked: "How confident are you in getting back in the position as a Software Developer?" They actually assessed my POTENTIAL, and they made me feel like I actually am worth something.

P.S. I got the job from the competitor for a 6-month contract and I proved to be an extremely valuable resource. When the contract ended, they actually offered me an extension - repeatedly, under a different deal, if you know what I mean. It felt good to be appreciated like that. I respectfully declined because of relocation restrictions (the work was out-of-state), and I was just not quite ready for that.

Interview Questions
    • What particular files need to be updated in the system's config directory to update this specific data? Name them, the particular tasks/jobs that are responsible for this, and whether or not they can be scheduled.   View Answer
    • What particular code line should be updated in order to change this particular function [desired outcome]?   View Answer

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!